Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2008   #101
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans interested in Zach Thomas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Interesting...very interesting.

If Vilma does make it to FA.....does that make the move Demeco outside conversation legit then?
Vilma was a 'mike,' right?

How does he stack up in terms of size with DeMeco?

Me, not trying to replace anyone - just thinking out loud.
Old 02-22-2008   #102
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 132624 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
Vilma was a 'mike,' right?

How does he stack up in terms of size with DeMeco?

Me, not trying to replace anyone - just thinking out loud.
Very telling:

Vilma (ILB)...6'1" 230 lbs

Demeco.......6'2" 236 lbs
Old 02-22-2008   #103
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Very telling:

Vilma (ILB)...6'1" 230 lbs

Demeco.......6'2" 236 lbs
Then you've basically have two very similar linebackers in terms of size and one of them blew out a knee......
Old 02-22-2008   #104
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57741 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
Then you've basically have two very similar linebackers in terms of size and one of them blew out a knee......
Yea.

But...but....but Ryans played OLB in college so lets just move him over there & then Vilma can step in at MLB and fix all our LB problems.

You know that old saying:

If it ain't broke, try to fix it anyway. Ryans is All-Pro, but at OLB he could be All-Galaxy.

I think I've made my position clear on the moving Ryans outside idea so this will be my last post about it so I wont get flamed any more.
Old 02-22-2008   #105
drewmar74
disgruntled

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Yea.

But...but....but Ryans played OLB in college so lets just move him over there & then Vilma can step in at MLB and fix all our LB problems.

You know that old saying:

If it ain't broke, try to fix it anyway. Ryans is All-Pro, but at OLB he could be All-Galaxy.

I think I've made my position clear on the moving Ryans outside idea so this will be my last post about it so I wont get flamed any more.
Interesting idea.

Now, with that said, I wonder if our good GM has any thoughts on it or if he's content to leave DeMeco at ILB.
Old 02-22-2008   #106
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 58841 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

There is no way, reguardless of position combonation, that having both Vilma and DeMeco would be a bad thing.

Having that behind AO and MW would be a nightmare for a good 10 years
Old 02-22-2008   #107
drewmar74
disgruntled

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
There is no way, reguardless of position combonation, that having both Vilma and DeMeco would be a bad thing.

Having that behind AO and MW would be a nightmare for a good 10 years
I still think we need something beefier on the d-line but I could live with Vilma and DeMeco on the field at the same time.

I think we should sign Vilma and force him to play WLB to see if, when identified on the field, he'd be called "Wilma" instead of "Will."

Just a thought....
Old 02-23-2008   #108
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 132624 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Scratch the Broncs from the list

Quote:
Thomas talks end. Zach Thomas' agent said his client will not visit Denver. The former Dolphins linebacker will sign elsewhere, said agent Drew Rosenhaus.

Denver was one of six teams to make contact with Rosenhaus after Thomas was cut by Miami. He has visited New England and New Orleans and will visit Dallas and Houston next week.
Old 02-23-2008   #109
Xetuoh1836
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 Xetuoh1836 is a Pro BowlerXetuoh1836 is a Pro Bowler

POSTED 11:56 a.m. EST, February 23, 2008

ZACH GOES HOME

After receiving offers from the Patriots and the Saints in the past few days, linebacker Zach Thomas has opted to join a team that plays in his home state.

Per a league source, Thomas has agreed to terms with the Dallas Cowboys. He's a Texas native, and played college football at Texas Tech.

It's a multi-year deal. No further details are available at this time.

Thomas was a fifth-round draft pick of the Dolphins in 1996. He spent twelve years in Miami.

From PTF, you decide...
Old 02-23-2008   #110
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xetuoh1836 View Post
POSTED 11:56 a.m. EST, February 23, 2008

ZACH GOES HOME

After receiving offers from the Patriots and the Saints in the past few days, linebacker Zach Thomas has opted to join a team that plays in his home state.

Per a league source, Thomas has agreed to terms with the Dallas Cowboys. He's a Texas native, and played college football at Texas Tech.

It's a multi-year deal. No further details are available at this time.

Thomas was a fifth-round draft pick of the Dolphins in 1996. He spent twelve years in Miami.

From PTF, you decide...
We would be able to decide easier if we had a link.
Old 02-23-2008   #111
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Here you go, KT...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7...as-sweepstakes

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Old 02-23-2008   #112
Xetuoh1836
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 Xetuoh1836 is a Pro BowlerXetuoh1836 is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Sorry guys! At the time, there wasn't a link but:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3260529

Hope it helps.

Last edited by Xetuoh1836; 02-23-2008 at 12:52 PM.
Old 02-23-2008   #113
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 54416 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

That spells some doom for one Mr. Bobby Carpenter.

Good, I'm glad we lost out on the Zach Thomas sweepstakes.
Old 02-23-2008   #114
Triple347
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Triple347 could be on the next Madden coverTriple347 could be on the next Madden coverTriple347 could be on the next Madden coverTriple347 could be on the next Madden coverTriple347 could be on the next Madden coverTriple347 could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xetuoh1836 View Post
Sorry guys! At the time, the wasn't a link but:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3260529

Hope it helps.
Matt Mosley confirmed this on Hashmarks. Since I live in Dallas, I am sure I will hear about this a lot, but I am not surprised. I am glad he didn't sign with us, anyway. We need a more athletic linebacker that can run sideline-to-sidline. Could this mean the end of Bradie James in Dallas?
Old 02-23-2008   #115
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57741 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple347 View Post
Matt Mosley confirmed this on Hashmarks. Since I live in Dallas, I am sure I will hear about this a lot, but I am not surprised. I am glad he didn't sign with us, anyway. We need a more athletic linebacker that can run sideline-to-sidline. Could this mean the end of Bradie James in Dallas?
Probably not.

Maybe Akin Ayodele though.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read