Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Platinum & Blue Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2008   #21
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Prayer Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
So far so good guys. They ended up doing a quad bypass. Did not have to shock the heart back, everything working ok. Been a very long day so far. Thanks for the well wishes guys.
Thats good news. I hope everything works out for you and your family. I am going thru something similar with my dad too. I have your family in my prayers too.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008   #22
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So far so good guys. They ended up doing a quad bypass. Did not have to shock the heart back, everything working ok. Been a very long day so far. Thanks for the well wishes guys.
Thats great news Dante and my family is saying a special prayer tonight for your family while we are at church.
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008   #23
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thanks for the update. Our prayers continue for you and yours.
Old 02-06-2008   #24
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Glad to hear it!!

Try to relax and take it easy tonight.. Update us tomorrow!!
Old 02-07-2008   #25
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Rep Power: 125 HARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respected

Dante, I am so sorry I did not see this til today. I have had this procedure twice now. Your father and your entire family will be the focus of my prayer group this morning. When your father has the tubes removed make sure that he listens to to the respiratory therapist and does all he can to get his lungs back in working order. They will get him back up and running. The technology is so much better today then when I had my first 10 years ago. God Bless you all.

Thanks AzWhoopr, for my siggy!
HARRYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008   #26
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Thanks guys.

Well, he had his breathing tube taken out yesterday after a delay for low blood pressure. They had to give him a blood transfusion to get the levels back to normal. His other tubes should come out today and like you said Harry, the pulmonary (sp?) and cardiologist stressed the importance of the breathing device, because that's the key to recovery and less pain.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008   #27
HARRYJ
A Great Pretender

Rep Power: 125 HARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respectedHARRYJ is a quality contributor and well respected

Your love prayers and attention give him strength!

Thanks AzWhoopr, for my siggy!
HARRYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008   #28
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 138732 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thanks guys.

Well, he had his breathing tube taken out yesterday after a delay for low blood pressure. They had to give him a blood transfusion to get the levels back to normal. His other tubes should come out today and like you said Harry, the pulmonary (sp?) and cardiologist stressed the importance of the breathing device, because that's the key to recovery and less pain.
Great news!
Old 02-07-2008   #29
LonghornBabe
Tubin' Chic

Rep Power: 573 LonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LonghornBabe Send a message via Yahoo to LonghornBabe

Dante...
I just got online for the first time in a week or so. I am glad to read that your dad is doing well. Please let me know if you need anything. I am sending my prayers up for a speedy recovery!!
God Bless,
Kimberly

Kimberly
Check out my blog at kimberlyskakery.com
LonghornBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008   #30
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, just got back. All of the tubes are out, still having a little problem with the blood pressure. They are giving him medicine because they want to get that back up and get him walking around. Doctor says if everything goes ok, he'll be transferred out of ICU to general. After he goes to general, takes another 3 days or so.

So so far so good. Getting out of ICU is their goal...so hopefully everything keeps going ok.

Thanks again guys.
Old 02-07-2008   #31
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I set a prayer request in the Religous forum, but since you guys are like family....

Please keep my father in your prayers. We learned tonight after his angiogram that 3 or 4 blockages exist around his heart, thus calling for a quadrupile bypass surgery.

He will be having this done either tomorrow or friday, whichever the cardiologist schedules it.

Thanks guys....rough times.
im sorry, i haven't been around much, but i just saw this. You have my best wishes, and hopes for a speedy recovery.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008   #32
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Great to hear Dante', Prayers are working like they always do, Let me know if you need anything.
Old 02-11-2008   #33
TEXANS84

So far so good, was moved out of ICU yesterday.

Doc's say he may go home tomorrow if all is still good.

Thanks for the prayers guys...it paid off.
Old 02-11-2008   #34
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Good deal Dante!! We are glad to hear that your pops is doing great.. Hopefully y'all get 'em home tomorrow and start re-habbin.
Old 02-11-2008   #35
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 75779 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Good news.
Old 02-11-2008   #36
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Great to hear. Thanks for keeping us updated.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008   #37
TEXANS84

Wow, St. Luke's is releasing him this evening. I'm picking him up after work.
Quickest recovery (5 days) I've ever heard of.
Old 02-11-2008   #38
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53441 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, great news that he is going home. Make sure he keeps up his breathing exercises. They are very important to a good recovery.

I will keep your family in my prayers.
Old 02-11-2008   #39
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Wow, St. Luke's is releasing him this evening. I'm picking him up after work.
Quickest recovery (5 days) I've ever heard of.
Dude, that's awesome!!! We'll keep the prayers going until he can run circles around you...
Old 02-11-2008   #40
TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Wow, great news that he is going home. Make sure he keeps up his breathing exercises. They are very important to a good recovery.

I will keep your family in my prayers.
Yeah, they've told us the breathing exercises are key to a speedy recovery.

He's like "well good, now I can get some work done at home on the computer".
I immediatley followed "it's this, that got you in the hospital in the first place. SLOW DOWN!"

Thanks for the kind wishes guys. Been a rollercoaster week.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Platinum & Blue Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read