Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-31-2008   #21
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Lets Pump Up This D!

whay about moving babin to mlb?
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008   #22
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post
Honestly, I think he'd be killed as a FS. Although he's a solid CB who's one of our best tacklers, he's closing from only 5-10 yards tops. Closing from 15 yards against a 225 lb. RB 20-30 times a game isn't what he's built for. He just doesn't carry the weight to be anything but a CB on defense.
I'm sorry, but remind me when free safeties started coming up and crashing into RB's 20-30 times a game? If that is happening the Texans are going 0-16 regardless of who is playing FS because the front seven sucks.

Last edited by infantrycak; 01-31-2008 at 09:34 AM.
infantrycak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008   #23
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesmanTexanfan View Post
thats not very nice, simply a thought/suggestion, and we havn't had many threads on that subject anyway, I brought it up because id like to know what people think......
Yes we have had threads about it before...throughly. Seems after the the past three years(after which we haven't seen the position addressed fully) someone has a "brilliant" idea to switch him to FS.

One. It doesn't make sense to take your best corner and move him to safety and make a hole at another position. Blue chip corners are way harder to find then impact safeties IMO.

Two. Marcus Coleman experiment.

Three. He's just way to small to take that kind of punishment on a regular basis.

I'm not trying to hose or diss you or anything about it. It's a subject that's been rehashed each off-season and I'm with Bah007 when I don't see what makes it an attractive idea in the first place.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008   #24
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
You gonna let someone come in and take your cornbread? You gotta step up and say "Hey, thats my cornbread and you cant have it."
Cornbread with cow butter, beans with a chunk of salt pork bobbing in the bowl; a big old porkchop, double dipped in egg and milk and deep fried; mashed taters with creamy gravy (extra serving on the side) apple sauce with red hot candies stirred in; a half gallon of ice tea (no sugar, got to watch the calories) and a slice of cherry pie with enough vanilla ice cream to have some with the last bite of pie. Then top it off with a Crown Royal and 7 Up. Now that is hi jacking!
Old 01-31-2008   #25
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
I would like to see us land Briggs at LB, I think he is a UFA IIRC.

As stated Dunta will not be back until at least mid-season. We REALLY need another quality CB.
I wouldn't mind seeing Briggs in a Texans uni. at all. Our front seven would be pretty strong, IMO.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008   #26
Polo

If C.C Brown can go from SS to FS for us then I think Dunta has a shot of making the trasition.

And I like the idea of adding defenseMaybe a trade down and pick up a second and get Dan Connor and Rogers-Cromartie...That'd be cool...probably far fetched though ^_^
Old 01-31-2008   #27
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
If C.C Brown can go from SS to FS for us then I think Dunta has a shot of making the trasition.

And I like the idea of adding defenseMaybe a trade down and pick up a second and get Dan Connor and Rogers-Cromartie...That'd be cool...probably far fetched though ^_^

C.C. Brown could go from SS to FS easily because he's not all that great at either position. He wouldn't have to add/drop weight, and he would be basically playing a very similar position that he is already used to. Dunta Robinson is our #1 CB on our team, and putting him in any position where he will be small/undersized and expecting him to excel like he does at CB is just silly.

Let the man play his position.
Old 01-31-2008   #28
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 53446 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
Talk about low expectations. CC has been around because he plays a position that the Texans have never seriously addressed. We've always been loaded up on SS. IMHO, CB and FS are our 2 biggest needs this offseason. We should be able to significantly upgrade this offseason. Having Rhodes and Gibbs coaching up players won't hurt us a bit, either. We have a talented front seven and one good CB right now. Does anyone really want to see Faggins thrown to the wolves again? I don't.
Trading down in the 1st might not be a bad idea, depending on offers and players available, etc.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read