Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-31-2008   #21
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213051 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: chron video:anna megan with Rick Smith on 2007 and 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Did I even imply that the interview was this week?

Your powers of assumption are simply amazing.

Point being, after watching two weeks of lame reporting, this one is right up there with it, regardless of when the interview was conducted.

With regards to questions, there are a number of areas that Rick Smith could have shed some light on. I don't have all the questions, but I have not spent any time thinking of it. Give me 24 hours and I could have a long list. And I don't do this for a living, which is [allegedly] left to the "professionals" that get PAID to be sports reporters.

So you enjoy shallow reporting. Fine. But don't chastise those of us that would like a little depth from our sports section.
Sorry if I hurt your feelings, that wasn't my intent. My point was simple: The criticisms made by you and others would have more credibility if some of the questions/content people thought was missing were listed as examples.

I still don't see them. Instead of providing examples of the types of pointed questions you'd like to see asked all you've done is b*tch at me.

And slow down and think about it. They have 5-10 minutes for the taped interview. Don't you think they had an "off the record" pre-Q&A on what Rick was willing to divulge and what he wouldn't talk about? So if you only have so much time on camera, why waste time asking questions that you know you won't get an answer to? Why would anyone do that?

Last edited by ObsiWan; 01-31-2008 at 03:50 PM.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008   #22
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213051 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Point being, after watching two weeks of lame reporting

And for the record, I totally agree with your "lame reporting" assessment regarding this year's Super Bowl coverage. I've tried hard to minimize my watching of ESPN or even NFL network because its all so sad. How many times can they speculate on Tom Brady's leg.

Enough already. Its enough to make me not want to watch the dang game.
Old 01-31-2008   #23
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Sorry if I hurt your feelings, that wasn't my intent. My point was simple: The criticisms made by you and others would have more credibility if some of the questions/content people thought was missing were listed as examples.

I still don't see them. Instead of providing examples of the types of pointed questions you'd like to see asked all you've done is b*tch at me.

And slow down and think about it. They have 5-10 minutes for the taped interview. Don't you think they had an "off the record" pre-Q&A on what Rick was willing to divulge and what he wouldn't talk about? So if you only have so much time on camera, why waste time asking questions that you know you won't get an answer to? Why would anyone do that?
heh heh, "hurt feelings"? Obviously, you don't know me very well. When I get my feelings hurt from message board will be the first.

My apologies to you for being overly critical about a subject that you seem very sensitive towards. I'll tread lightly next time to spare you.

Anyway, back to the subject, McLain and Anna have a track history of pretty shallow reporting, so my "bitching" is merely from past history.

With regards to questions, put it forth to forum members. I'd be willing to bet that you would get some good ones in return.
Old 01-31-2008   #24
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
My apologies to you for being overly critical about a subject that you seem very sensitive towards. I'll tread lightly next time to spare you.

Anyway, back to the subject, McLain and Anna have a track history of pretty shallow reporting, so my "bitching" is merely from past history.
If you're referring to those lame video attempts at humor McClain fills his chron blog up with at times, I'm totally with you. The first one or two were "different" - even almost funny - but then they got so bad I stopped reading the dang blog because it got to the point that's all they ever did.

By contrast, this Rick Smith interview was pretty decent.

And don't tread lightly on my account. Nothing keeps me into a discussion like a good, ole fashioned disagreement.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read