Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-27-2008   #101
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans could hire Rhodes as early as Jan 25 - Chronicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
If Alex Gibbs is "Assistant Head Coach/Offense" will Rhodes be "Assistant Head Coach/Defense"?

And does that trump Defensive Coordinator??
"Hope so" on the first one and I'd have to think "yes" on the second one.
Old 01-28-2008   #102
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ray Rhodes to Texans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
dude, cmon now. it was a bad trade. period. we gave up half our draft to move up like 14 spots to grab a guy we could have still had without moving up. casserley is a moron and Troupe is a near Pro Bowl player who was injured last year. Starks was a good prospect too. I know its an inconvenient truth but Babin was a below average football player and a horrible value for what we gave up for him and where he was drafted.

oh and thanks Rick Smith and thanks McNair for opening your wallet on some improved coaching. it was sorely needed and should help us a lot.
There are several angles that we can lookie here, and you bet I am willing to entertain all ideas.

Let's take a look at this one simple angle.
The Texans won a few games in the first two years and traded up to get Babin.
A three for one trade where most people think was obnoxious while we had so many needs.

Entered Rick Smith right after the Texans suffered a 2-win season. They went on to achieve a six win season with a long list on IR.
And guess what, the GM whom you're singing, traded 3 to get 2 while we all know the Texans still have needs all up and down the roster.

#8 and #40 and the 08 2nd rounder (#50?) for MS and a #10

Speaking of hindsight and near-miss and injury, we can do that all year long too.
The success rate of trading up and down and about, including all the intricacies that encompass.
Calling people names for a simple thought that a person didn't enough of a good job, sorry, doesn't sit well with me, (not only that, I thought it grossly unjustified -- nothing personal.)

We can discuss all that, as long as you tell me we all can keep an open mind we can really grade a GM's performance over the span of his tenure.

That is, we will have to go beyond and way over our own opinions and seek all the facts, discarding all the myths and heresy along the way.

I am more than obliged to the task, and I welcome (all the more) the helps that have been making this forum an open one and a good one among all the NFL boards that I have visited.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008   #103
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans could hire Rhodes as early as Jan 25 - Chronicle

Bob Allen on channel 13 news just said that Rhodes has been hired to be Assistant DB's coach.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read