Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-23-2008   #1
Mean Machine
Veteran

Rep Power: 114 Mean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Prime Time in '08???

Winter wonderings....
Could we be in line for a Sunday night Football in America game on NBC this year?

A first ever Monday night on ESPN?

Another NFL Network Thursday nighter?

Who would be a good matchup for Prime Time???
indy
tenn
jax
miami
balt
chi
det
cinn

I could see us and indy for sure, jax too and tenn for that matter.
Non-divisional matchup, probably Chicago.

Go Texans!!!
sec 637: Gridiron, Texas.
Mean Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008   #2
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Prime Time in '08???

I could see the Texans vs Cleveland being a prime time game. It wouldn't be a home game but it would still be cool to see our team play on national TV on a Sunday or Monday

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008   #3
SteelBlueToro
Veteran

I could see a "Battle Red" prime time match up with the Jaguars.
Old 01-23-2008   #4
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1298 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

i think we're finally gonna make a monday night appearance... hopefully it's against tennessee or jacksonville.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008   #5
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Machine View Post
Winter wonderings....
Could we be in line for a Sunday night Football in America game on NBC this year?

indy
tenn
jax
miami
balt
chi
det
cinn

Go Texans!!!
You should know by now that Monday night games are reserved for the Cowgirls, Pats, and Colts only.
Old 01-23-2008   #6
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 281 View Post
i think we're finally gonna make a monday night appearance... hopefully it's against tennessee or jacksonville.
If we do end up on Monday Night, I hope it's a home game because it's going to be awfully hard to watch the game with Kornheiser on there. I love the guy on PTI and think he and Wilbon are great on that show but man does he suck on MNF

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008   #7
stiff
Rookie

Look for a Primetime Re-Match vs Green Bay. That may be the Texans fist appearance on MNF?

Cleveland, Cinci, Jacksonville, Tennessee potentials for Sunday or Thursday night games.

Minnesota would be a interesting matchup for a MNF game as well. Two up and coming teams. AD vs the team from his home state?

Dont see the the colts as a match up in Prime Time until the Texans play better and win more against them, although the record against tenn isnt much better.
stiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-23-2008   #8
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

With the emergence of Mario, and a decent number of folks acknowledging that he may have the the right pick at #1, it seems like a Titans game would give the network a hook.

Watching Mario get his first win against VY and the Titans on National Television would be sweet. (And if it's a Monday Night Game, maybe ESPN could add Merril Hoge to the booth).
ChampionTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008   #9
JayCee
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 JayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden cover

Please! That would be great - means i would get to watch a game live, rather than 2 to 3 days delayed after I've downloaded it.

Texans Titans would be my pick.
JayCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008   #10
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

I just don't see us getting a MNF game yet.

Now a Sunday or Thursday game is another story. I would put us against either the titans or jags. The games are usually close and they could use the spin about everyone in the division finishing over .500. We can't forget about the VY angle either.

The opening would sound something like:

[Aerial Shot of Reliant Stadium]
Welcome the Houston, Texas.

[Shot of VY warming up throwing the ball]
Vince Young has come back home to take on the Houston Texans who selected Mario Williams [Shot of MW stretching] as the #1 pick back in 2006.

Then it will show a couple of shots of the folks in the Bull Pen.

Then it will be time for the opening kickoff which Andre Davis will return for a touchdown and we will go freaking nuts.

Sounds good to me. Where do I sign up?
Old 01-24-2008   #11
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Question Re: Prime Time in '08???

[quote=sakebomb;830426]I just don't see us getting a MNF game yet.

Now a Sunday or Thursday game is another story.

Isn't NBC getting first choice of games these days, and wouldn't that mean that it's likely we'd get a Monday Night game before a Sunday Night game?
ChampionTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008   #12
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
You should know by now that Monday night games are reserved for the Cowgirls, Pats, and Colts only.
And the Steelers.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008   #13
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 205206 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I don't really want a MNF game. Sunday night is where it's at, with flex scheduling. I haven't watched a MNF game in a couple years now, I don't think. Most of the games kind of suck, and a lot of people I know just flip to the channel to catch the score occasionally, then go back to watching something else.

Mark me down for Sunday Night, followed by Thursday night. My next preference would be a 3:00 Sunday game at Reliant. I guess I'd settle for a MNF game after that
Old 01-24-2008   #14
JayCee
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 JayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden coverJayCee could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
And the Steelers.
Don't forget the Broncos
JayCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008   #15
Blu
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to Blu
Default We've been down this road too long.

I think some of the big wigs think the Texans need to earn a spot and that most likely won't happen till they make the PLAYOFFS?!?!

Yeah, Monday night has lost some of it's luster since it moved to ESPN.

I'd rather see a Sunday night National TV game, even a back alley rabbit ear 13 inch tv can pick up.
Plus, The Flex schedule rocks! IF the Texans make it late in the season via the Flex then we might see a Jag, Titan , Indy match up.
Hey I can dream right? "PLAYOFFS!?!?!"
Old 01-24-2008   #16
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 45478 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
I don't really want a MNF game. Sunday night is where it's at, with flex scheduling. I haven't watched a MNF game in a couple years now, I don't think. Most of the games kind of suck, and a lot of people I know just flip to the channel to catch the score occasionally, then go back to watching something else.

Mark me down for Sunday Night, followed by Thursday night. My next preference would be a 3:00 Sunday game at Reliant. I guess I'd settle for a MNF game after that
Ditto on the bold. A couple or three 3:00 starts would be real nice.
Of course that most likely means we're having a good year and the chances of landing a Sunday Nighter goes up.

I think we have a good chance to land either a Sunday night or even a Monday night game early in the season and even though I'd hate what the pre-game talking heads would be yapping about if it were a Texans and Inbreds matchup, that still seems the most likely game to draw national attention, especially for NBC.

With the NFL network showing their handful of games, I have little doubt an up and coming team coming off a .500 season will have trouble landing a prime time game. The question would be whether it's at home or not.

And the only Thursday nighter that I care about....at the moment, is Thursday, September 10, 2009 being at Reliant Stadium.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008   #17
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
& as long as old man favre plays.......the packers....... so madden can get his...... nevermind.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008   #18
austintexanite
All Pro

I think we get matched up against the Packers or Titans for a primetime game. Everyone knows the old storyline for against the Titans, so they could milk that for all it is worth.

The Packers game intrigues me because a good percentage of NFL writers and opposing fans are looking for us to become a solid team next year. Plus, it's freaking Brett Favre at Lambeau, a team that almost made it to the Super Bowl against a playoff darkhorse.
Old 01-25-2008   #19
Dallas_Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Dallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Machine View Post
Winter wonderings....

indy
tenn
jax
miami
balt
chi
det
cinn

Go Texans!!!

Not a chance. I wish.....but not a chance!
Dallas_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read