Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-15-2005   #21
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
Yea, but those are huge, huge pieces. After McNabb, TO is the most important player in their offense - before or after his acquisition. And Kearse,
wow, imagine what it would do for our D if we added a playmaker like him.
2 impact players of their magnitude can make a big difference on their whole team.
There is truth to what you say about us being better, but the eagles got to the NFC champioship game with through the draft and then made timely and specific signings to go to the final level. If we continue to spend large FA money just to get the base talent then when we are that one or two players away, the texans might not be able to make those last piece moves.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005   #22
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I think Brian Westbrook might be as big a piece (if not bigger) as T.O. for the Eagle's offense. Westbrook was injured during the 2003 playoffs and was sorely missed. He was one of the main reasons they made it to the Super Bowl this year.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005   #23
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

well good now maybe people will quit dreaming about all the O-Line changing.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005   #24
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Thanks Vinny, I did read Weiland's article from top to bottom and I thought one of his key points was upgrading the O-line to protect Carr. I have been saying that all along and where I differ is that I don't think we will go after either of the players Weiland was talking about. I think they won't be there and that's the problem. I hope one of them is and it shores up our O-line. Again, my negativity is associated with the lack of protection or our prime time QB. The offense is simply not going anywhere without some changes somewhere. May be it will be in the coaching ranks, but something has to change for improvement to take place. I believe our team has played some of its best games when Wiegert was in the lineup. Zack has had some problems the last couple of years staying healthy. Who do we have to realistically replace his experience and leadership. I don't think we have anyone right now. Could we get someone, probably, but don't bet on it. I simply do not share Weiland's confidence in the return of some key injured personnel. Most notibly Walker and Payne. I would also add, while not mentioned, I have concerns about Glenn. Fine player, don't get me wrong, but the last two seasons he has been iffy due to injuries. I simply don't believe he will be able to maintain his health for a full season. Coleman is getting up there and the injury bug caught up with him this year. So did some off the field problems. Not much mention is made of McKinny and the center position. This is another weak link in the armour. I'm sorry, but the O-line is the key to this ball club. Improve it and we have a chance to be a good team. The O-line controls the destiny of our defense. If we can give our aging defense more resting time, then we will be able to compete with anyone. Right now that's not happening and that's why I believe we are getting beat. We have a lot of offensive talent that is simply under achieving. We should be able to put a lot of offensive pressure on almost any team in the league and we are not doing so because of the O-line. Once again, I will say fix the O-line and you will see big changes in this ball club's performance.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005   #25
Paul31
Rookie

And everyone knows (whether they will admit it or not), they gave Todd Wade Left Tackle money when he's just a slighly above average (on his best days), Right Tackle.

As a relative novice when it comes to knowing about linemen, why would a Left Tackle be considered more valuable than a Right Tackle?
Paul31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005   #26
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Left Tackles protect the blind side of a QB and most teams put their best rusher on that side.

Wade will be fine. We only had journeymen before him. I don't mind us spending money on a guy like this. If we just plug in another journeyman then the fans complain that we don't pursue needs. Certain fans complain either way no matter what we do.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005   #27
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Todd Wade was a 2nd round pick out of OL'Miss . He was pretty highly regaurded . He was paid because of his age and ability . At the end of his contract he'll probably be a good deal . The problem is he's only 6 .08 and 330 .
Honoring Earl 34 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005   #28
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Well one name people can take off their wishlist is Walter Jones, the Seahawks signed him to a 7 year deal today.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read