Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-18-2008   #81
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Early Offseason Ramblings:

How about "SmithGM" and "SmithDC"?
Old 01-18-2008   #82
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Changed it back and forth three times...whatever. Unless you're under a rock you know exactly what I was talking about. The DC coordintor is stilll here and so is the cheap as we were told at the time by some of the same people banging me now in here when we made the deal for him, thrityomething RB. ITYS.

And further..... he plays for a HC who does not throw veterans under the bus. Figure it out.
Old 01-18-2008   #83
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
How about "SmithGM" and "SmithDC"?
I can dig this.
Old 01-18-2008   #84
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 188528 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Changed it back and forth three times...whatever. Unless you're under a rock you know exactly what I was talking about. The DC coordintor is stilll here and so is the cheap as we were told at the time by some of the same people banging me now in here when we made the deal for him, thrityomething RB. ITYS.

And further..... he plays for a HC who does not throw veterans under the bus. Figure it out.
I understood what you were talking about and you didn't even use a '-'. I know. I said I'd let it go. (smile)
Old 01-21-2008   #85
Rex King
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 Rex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVP

Lots of posts in here about a space-eater for the D-line. I was wondering about that last draft - if we should have taken the NT from Michigan until he started plummeting down the draft charts. We lost Walker, Smith, and Payne. Now Walker and Payne were on their last legs, and Smith wasn't very good, but the point is they all could have played that position in a 4-3. We never filled that role. TJ was projected as more of a one-gap player, so I was hoping Maddox could be the run-stuffer after his "breakout" game at the end of last season. We have improved against the run since 05, partly due to improved LB play, but the front four still get manhandled against the physical teams, most noticeably the Jags and Titans. This is just a big a need as OLB or DB, and bigger than DE, IMO.
Rex King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008   #86
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex King View Post
Lots of posts in here about a space-eater for the D-line. I was wondering about that last draft - if we should have taken the NT from Michigan until he started plummeting down the draft charts. We lost Walker, Smith, and Payne. Now Walker and Payne were on their last legs, and Smith wasn't very good, but the point is they all could have played that position in a 4-3. We never filled that role. TJ was projected as more of a one-gap player, so I was hoping Maddox could be the run-stuffer after his "breakout" game at the end of last season. We have improved against the run since 05, partly due to improved LB play, but the front four still get manhandled against the physical teams, most noticeably the Jags and Titans. This is just a big a need as OLB or DB, and bigger than DE, IMO.
Good post.

We do need to move on alot of positions here on defense. The transition to the 4-3 through our personell is still not over with. I think our DB situation is the biggest need on our defense.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read