Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2008   #41
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Prices about to go up??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
They are trying to cram a five pound bologna into a two pound sack by only having one exit onto Main Street.
And it's not just that. Once you finally get on Main then you have to fight your way through the bottleneck they create at Westridge (for the people trying to get to 610 from Main) and then the eastbound feeder traffic at either Buffalo Speedway or Main. And then if you're headed eastbound on 610, you have to deal with the Kirby light. I only had to do that once to realize Blue and Plat are much better for me. I'm sure OST isn't any better. One time, I left Blue through Orange over by the old Astro Arena. That wasn't bad....they shot you across Fannin on one of those 'roll up the windows' streets that people use to dump old mattresses and it took you to Almeda Rd/288 area pretty quick...

I always leave right after the game because I like to watch the second half of the late games live. A lot of times I'm home and it's still in the second quarter of the late games (I'm 25 min. from Reliant with no traffic). 3-4 hrs of tailgating plus a 3 hr game is enough for me. Plus, leaving early I get to avoid the excessively drunk people leaving the lots and getting on the freeway after Tailgate II. It's bad enough after Tailgate I and the game.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008   #42
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 36463 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

I parked in the yellow lot the first year and since I didn't tailgate, getting out was a hassle. They usually didn't open the side gate until about 45 minutes after the game. This season I traded off about six tickets to games that I knew that I would tailgate, so I didn't have any problems getting out of the lot by the time I was ready to leave. The blue lot pass came in handy at the Denver game, but that was about it for this season.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008   #43
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Red lot works pretty good for me.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read