Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-09-2005   #1
Rwilco
Rookie

Default How about giving us back Derrick Armstrong?

Hello Texans fans.

Any chance that Derrick Armstrong could be released any time soon? We Roughrider fans would sure like to have him back in Regina.
Rwilco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005   #2
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Hahaha, No way buddy. I think that DA has the potential to be a good 2nd or 3rd WR in our system, and Carr needs all the help he can get. He seems to always make the clutch catches.
Old 02-09-2005   #3
Rwilco
Rookie

Really??? That's the same spot I'd project him here...
Old 02-10-2005   #4
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

yah we love Armstrong . He is one of those "Unknowns" that the fans love to get behind hehe. Our secret weapon.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005   #5
Paragon Blue
Veteran

Armstrong was clutch for us on third-downs numerous times.
Paragon Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005   #6
brickmantexanfan
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to brickmantexanfan Send a message via Yahoo to brickmantexanfan

Armsrong is staying here.(I hope)
Old 02-10-2005   #7
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

He was the key reason we took the Minnesota game to OT.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-10-2005   #8
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

He is not going anywhere. The Texans loved him two years ago while he was on the practice squad and loved him even more last year. Also David Carr has said that he is extremly comfortable with DA.
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005   #9
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
He was the key reason we took the Minnesota game to OT.
Don't forget about his clutch 3rd down catch against the Chiefs.

Sorry Rwilco, he's not going anywhere. He'll probably slide into the 3rd reciever slot this season.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005   #10
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

It looks as if Armstrong will be in the NFL to stay. He's got excellent hands, and I anticipate him seeing more action next season at WR.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005   #11
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

We dubbed him "Spiderman" and he has lots of fans in Htown, so were keeping him, nothing personal!
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005   #12
NeViKaN
Rookie

I love DA. His hands are made of Velcro. Jabar Gaffney got a lot better this year and it was because DA was pushing him. He seems to be that feel good story. Goodbye Bradford, hello Derek Armstrong.
NeViKaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005   #13
Ranger
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Ranger

Nothing against Armstrong, I love the guy. There were a few times during the season in BIG situations where this guy had me on the edge of my seat wondering if he caught the ball like in the Minnesota game, and every time this guy got up and had the ball and I have grown to love him.

But there is one problem. STOP WITH THE ARMSTONG AS OUR #2 GUY STUFF. Like I said I love the guy but.........

Quote:
Armstrong was clutch for us on third-downs numerous times.
and I think thats what he should be for us is our third-down reciever. He can come up and make the big catches--he is a possesian receiver and a good one at that. I don't think he could come in a be a solid #2. Like you guys said we need a speedster on the outsides, and I don't think he has the speed or the ability to seperate from a lock-down corner. It will take time for him to grow into that roll, and time is not in our favor. Just let the guy do what he does best and thats catch passes in high pressure situations and lets go out and find a solid #2.

We already have Johnson, Gaffney, Armstrong, and Starling, just think of what it could be if we add a guy like Mike Williams or Plaxico Burress. It could be argulably one of the best WR cores in the league.
Old 02-10-2005   #14
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Yeah i think DA is way to good for us to let go, i doubt he'll be released anytime soon !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005   #15
Rwilco
Rookie

Well, thanks a lot Texans fans. That was exactly the answer I was expecting. We got some recievers in town better than Army (Matt Dominguez, Travis Moore), but it would be good to have a 3rd of that caliber (we usually line up with 4-6 recievers up here).

We have an active message board of our own...you guys should check it out...little heated right now though...all the talk centers around Henry Burris (yeah, that same bum that looked horrible a couple years ago thowing picks for Chicago) who is about to hit free agency.

http://www.riderfans.com
Old 02-15-2005   #16
pennsylvaniaproud
Rookie

#1 receiver, #2 guy, #3 guy... All that doesn't matter once the ball is snapped. The go-to guy should be the one that is the most open. AJ is their best receiver, but if he is triple-covered and Sloan Thomas is standing in the end zone by himself waving his arms, I would hope Thomas suddenly becomes the #1 receiver on that play. I think there can be too much emphasis on numbers.

Mike Williams will probably be long gone by the time the Texans pick, and Burress has a reputation for being a pouter when things don't go his way. The last thing the Texans need is a sulking sourpuss on the team.
pennsylvaniaproud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005   #17
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsylvaniaproud
The last thing the Texans need is a sulking sourpuss on the team.
"Too late for that." Gary Walker

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read