Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-15-2008   #21
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21867 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mario's bonus and cap hit

Here are some free agents to look at that shouldn't cost the farm, or draft picks, to sign. However, they won't be cheap either.

Demorrio Williams, UFA, Atlanta Falcons (OLB)

Landon Johnson UFA Cincinnati Bengals (OLB)

Justin Smith, UFA, Cincinnati Bengals (DE)

Randy Starks UFA Tennessee Titans (DT)

Corey Williams, UFA, Green Bay Packers (DT) - May be too expensive.

Bryant Johnson, UFA, Arizona Cardinals (WR)

Max Starks, UFA, Pittsburgh Steelers (RT) - Move Winston to RG?

Domonique Foxworth, RFA, Denver Broncos (CB)

Randall Gay UFA New England Patriots (CB)

Of course, my #1 choice at CB is Trufant.

The Texans Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008   #22
wicked_wayz
all blacks

hmmmm i know we are (sort of) stacked at the wr, but i wouldnt mind giving byrant johnson a look at during FA
Old 01-16-2008   #23
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked_wayz View Post
hmmmm i know we are (sort of) stacked at the wr, but i wouldnt mind giving byrant johnson a look at during FA
We might not be stacked if we do not sign FA Andre Davis. Even if JJ comes on and our TE Owens and then Walter keeps it up, I want Davis. With AJ, that is 5 very strong options not counting RBs.
Old 01-17-2008   #24
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

Randal Gay is probably gonna get signed, I would love to have him on the team though. either of the wilson's wouldnt be bad either. Didnt the chiefs make some kind of agreement with Allen not to franchise him next year if he signed this year? even so, he will be top dollar. he is strictly a pass rusher though, not much in the run support area. it would however allow Mario to slide over to LDE on most downs.
Old 01-17-2008   #25
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 226054 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK_Gamer View Post
Didnt the chiefs make some kind of agreement with Allen not to franchise him next year if he signed this year?
No.

I believe that was Samuel and the Patriots.

Allen has no such agreement. Expect him to be franchised if they don't get a deal done.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008   #26
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
No.

I believe that was Samuel and the Patriots.

Allen has no such agreement. Expect him to be franchised if they don't get a deal done.
It is no secret that Cal Peterson is probably a worse GM than Charley Casserly. I believe Allen wants out of KC and that if they slap him with a franchise, he is spiteful enough (read: stupid enough) to lower the level of his play to piss them off.

But for some reason, I just don't see Allen being a Chief next year.

EDIT Source

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotoworld
Chiefs DE Jared Allen's agent acknowledges that his client will eventually sign the team's one-year, $2.35 million restricted free agent tender.

There is speculation Allen's agent is looking for Jason Taylor-type money. Allen is meeting teams and making the rounds a year early (he'll be unrestricted next year) but is all but certain to remain a Chief in 2007.
Jason Taylor money. . . ugh. Expect a complete meltdown from Allen if the Chiefs franchise him. They went through a lot of drama last offseason over him and being traded.

Last edited by b0ng; 01-17-2008 at 11:04 PM.
b0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008   #27
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
It is no secret that Cal Peterson is probably a worse GM than Charley Casserly. I believe Allen wants out of KC and that if they slap him with a franchise, he is spiteful enough (read: stupid enough) to lower the level of his play to piss them off.

But for some reason, I just don't see Allen being a Chief next year.

EDIT Source

Jason Taylor money. . . ugh. Expect a complete meltdown from Allen if the Chiefs franchise him. They went through a lot of drama last offseason over him and being traded.
If I were Allen, I'd get out of dodge too. The Chiefs are going nowhere, fast. I might get bashed, but Herm Edwards is a bad coach. I feel sorry for Gonzo too.
Old 01-18-2008   #28
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
If I were Allen, I'd get out of dodge too. The Chiefs are going nowhere, fast. I might get bashed, but Herm Edwards is a bad coach. I feel sorry for Gonzo too.
Gonzalez was a great player in his prime, but I feel he's been overrated during the past few years....or maybe its just cuz his QBs have sucked so bad.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008   #29
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Gonzalez was a great player in his prime, but I feel he's been overrated during the past few years....or maybe its just cuz his QBs have sucked so bad.
That's why I feel sorry for him.
Old 01-18-2008   #30
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottoddie View Post
Demorrio Williams, UFA, Atlanta Falcons (OLB)

I know y'all are gonna kill me for this, but I can't resist:

I didn't know that Demeco and Mario had kid!

Well....he must be good.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008   #31
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 141276 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I know y'all are gonna kill me for this, but I can't resist:

I didn't know that Demeco and Mario had kid!

Well....he must be good.
Not so good if he is unrestricted, eh?
Old 01-18-2008   #32
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Moore at best is a 3rd down back and doesn't bring much to the table as far as a feature back goes....he just brings more D Walker type play here. We have enough middle of the road backs imo.
Agreed. Let Smith and Kubiak work the draft. There are plenty of options open to them. How many times will we bite this apple. Mind Boggeling. Throw first teired money at a second teired tallent ? Makes no sence to me. I also noticed last weekend the 'Deigo running game became prety ordinary once LT went to the bench and the burner got the call. Thanks, but no thanks.
Old 01-18-2008   #33
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Agreed. Let Smith and Kubiak work the draft. There are plenty of options open to them. How many times will we bite this apple. Mind Boggeling. Throw first teired money at a second teired tallent ? Makes no sence to me. I also noticed last weekend the 'Deigo running game became prety ordinary once LT went to the bench and the burner got the call. Thanks, but no thanks.
Did you watch LT in the first half of the game, and you say it was not ordinary before he left? I thought the play calling was atrocious throughout the for San Diego. Especialy, in the 4 th quarter wher they ran it up the gut in two different series and linedup so the Colts knew what was coming and they did not have to defend the pass what so ever.
Old 01-18-2008   #34
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

What I saw was a football team who was witout a major wepon at TE. And when the burner got the call to carry the team in the last quarter...he spit the bit. That is what I saw.

Now what I'm sure of is the burner folks projecting something quite different once we sign him here. Prove it sunday. What I see is an other ordinary player being signed to big, fat contract who in all probablity will not deliver the goods.
Old 01-18-2008   #35
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
What I saw was a football team who was witout a major wepon at TE. And when the burner got the call to carry the team in the last quarter...he spit the bit. That is what I saw.

Now what I'm sure of is the burner folks projecting something quite different once we sign him here. Prove it sunday. What I see is an other ordinary player being signed to big, fat contract who in all probablity will not deliver the goods.
With as deep of a RB class as this draft will be I do not see Turner getting as big of a contract as he would have gotten last year.
Old 01-19-2008   #36
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223 View Post
I'm really starting to beleive we should go after Jared Allen...

I know I know our Dline already has tons invested in it...but look at the Giants. They have been harrassing QBs all in the post season thus far and despite having a rag tag secondary it really has worked.

If our Dline consisted of Mario, Okoye, TJ, and Allen...I think QBs of opposing teams would have nightmares of those guys before playing us, i'd love it.
I heard somewhere that Allen was considering retirement. Any truth to that?

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read