Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Platinum & Blue Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2008   #41
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Platinum Parking (OH OH!!!!!)

Here's what I propose...

The Blue Crew 'succumbs' to the Texans ticket gouging for parking and relocates to the Yellow Lot. As a precondition of the move, they get the Texans to agree to open the Yellow Lot at 7 AM instead of Platinum. No one parks there until 11:30 anyway.

Once you are out there....the tailagates merge into one big mega party like nothing the NFL has EVER seen.

The Texans becoame known as the #1 talgate city in the world...and an example in world peace simply based on how the different lots could 'get along'.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008   #42
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

OK all you math wizzards!!! Last I checked $400 devided by 8 home games = $50.00 per game, TO PARK!!! NOT $40.00!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008   #43
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
OK all you math wizzards!!! Last I checked $400 devided by 8 home games = $50.00 per game, TO PARK!!! NOT $40.00!!!
ummmm...... we pay for two preseason games + the 8 reg. season games = 10 games.

Love ya!!!

Last edited by Texan_Bill; 01-18-2008 at 10:23 AM.
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008   #44
nflnutswife
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 926 nflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respectednflnutswife is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Powers to be have found out we have been having a little more fun in our lots than in our seats!!!!!!!!!!!!! So now we're paying for it!
Old 01-18-2008   #45
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks like all lots went up 50 dollars a year. We have parking in Red lot and its gone up to 300 this year and was 250 last year. I already sent an email saying I don't want red lot and will settle with either plat. or blue lot. Looks like for 2 seats and parking you're looking at close to 1500 a year or more just for tickets and parking. Wonder if the price of PSL's went up as well?
Old 01-18-2008   #46
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

With my seat tickets going up $4.00 per game ($8.00) and parking going up $5.00 per game (or total $13.00 per game), that's a price increase of about 7.5%...

Old 01-18-2008   #47
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1257 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, at least the "handling fee" didn't go up.....
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008   #48
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmojo.com View Post
Here's what I propose...

The Blue Crew 'succumbs' to the Texans ticket gouging for parking and relocates to the Yellow Lot. As a precondition of the move, they get the Texans to agree to open the Yellow Lot at 7 AM instead of Platinum. No one parks there until 11:30 anyway.

Once you are out there....the tailagates merge into one big mega party like nothing the NFL has EVER seen.

The Texans becoame known as the #1 talgate city in the world...and an example in world peace simply based on how the different lots could 'get along'.
No thank you. I parked in yellow for the Broncos game, and it took us two hours to get out of the parking lot after the game. That's a traffic nightmare over there.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008   #49
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I have no problem with price increases as long as there is value, based on customer feedback, being provided. For me, that would be more port-a-potties and accountability with the yellow jackets on the front (training) or back end.
Old 01-18-2008   #50
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
No thank you. I parked in yellow for the Broncos game, and it took us two hours to get out of the parking lot after the game. That's a traffic nightmare over there.
You leave right after the game? That's two more hours of tailgating goodness!

We stay until the coppers politely ask us to leave. Pack up, hit Main St., and never experience any traffic.

BTW, have the Texans already sent out invoices for tickets & parking? I want to make sure I haven't missed anything, because I have yet to see an invoice from them.
Old 01-18-2008   #51
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No disrepect GMA but with your sig (He who laughs last thinks the slowest), your post reads kinda funny. I may laugh about it all day.

Thanks for the smile! Love ya!
Old 01-18-2008   #52
Da_General
Obnoxious Musician

Rep Power: 18 Da_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
At that rate I think we should be allowed all night tailgating!!!!
I've said this for years. Of course you realize that you'll NEVER get rid of me and my bunch if we did it!
Old 01-18-2008   #53
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Platinum Parking (OH OH!!!!!)

Well, there's a reason we're what, the third highest grossing NFL team?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008   #54
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc View Post
No disrepect GMA but with your sig (He who laughs last thinks the slowest), your post reads kinda funny. I may laugh about it all day.

Thanks for the smile! Love ya!
Last laugh is definitely on me!! I didn't include preseason in my little lesson in math 101. BUT, I guess all my TEXAN GRANDKIDS are worth it, so, I will probably pony up and pay it. Yellow's lookin mighty tempting though!
Old 01-19-2008   #55
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Last laugh is definitely on me!! I didn't include preseason in my little lesson in math 101. BUT, I guess all my TEXAN GRANDKIDS are worth it, so, I will probably pony up and pay it. Yellow's lookin mighty tempting though!
If you are thinking about going yellow, you must be on grass.
Old 01-19-2008   #56
Da_General
Obnoxious Musician

Rep Power: 18 Da_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden coverDa_General could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
(*singing*)..."The lunatic is on the grass..."
Old 01-19-2008   #57
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Quote:
You need that line for your sig Ted! FUNNY!!
Old 01-19-2008   #58
Tedc
Hardheaded

If it were Green Bay and it were the Yellow Lot, wouldn't the preference be to tailgate on the yellow snow??

Last edited by Tedc; 01-20-2008 at 07:12 AM.
Tedc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008   #59
Mean Machine
Veteran

Rep Power: 114 Mean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow,
we have 4 spots over in the blue lot by the esplanade that divides the east & west sides....I guess it's the price we pay for being popular.

It does seem rather spendy, $25 per game, I wonder if it will affect fans tailgating? I pay $50 for 3 days parking at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, right across the street from the track. That always seemed like a good deal, now it's a GREAT deal.

We'll pay, because it is what it is, but I do wish they would let us in early. Would it not be cool if we could get in the nite before, party all nite! That would be wild for sure.
sec 637: Gridiron, Texas.
Mean Machine is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Platinum & Blue Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read