Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-09-2005   #1
JagMANAlex
waterboy

Default Pro Bowlers

well congrats to your miami beast in Andre Johnson, i have to admit that i like him. and to your pro bowl cheerleader Julie!!! all the credit in the world because she deserves it mroe that Janet (pshh everyone knows that Amber got snubbed though) our Big John finally got his first, so now we got our two towers in.

i was curious to know what you guys thought about them two. since i told you that i had to admit that i did like andre and i love jabar (hes from my hometown of jax.) so be honost plz. and no bad talk plz. here for conversation, so no hostility
JagMANAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005   #2
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I like em.. wish i had em. Even though they roughed up Carr a bit ..that is what you want in a Dlineman honestly.

Hopefully we will get us some guys like that soon.

Dunta Robinson got snubbed on the probowl. CBs with alot less talent then him are going.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005   #3
Ranger
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Ranger

Congrats to Andre Johnson recognizing us in the Pro Bowl. He deserves it--this kid works hard, does his job, and says nothing about it. A great person to represent this organization.

I was wondering about the Duante Robinson thing.........he had a great year, and a lot of people said he got snubbed because he is a rookie.....I have been watching the Pro Bowl replacements for injured players and there is a lot of CB replacements for the AFC. Patrick Surtain was the last guy to get replaced by.........Nate Clements of Buffalo? Is it just me or is Duante really getting overlooked here?
Old 02-09-2005   #4
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

clements got the bid since he had six picks and has more name recognition than Dunta.
Old 02-09-2005   #5
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Dunta Robinson is a beast, but AJ is a monster, I think D-Rob really got robbed out of his pro-bowl spot, I dont think I saw any other DB play better than himm the whole year, exceptof course Ed Reed,
Old 02-10-2005   #6
AlexVanderpool
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagMANAlex
i was curious to know what you guys thought about them two.
Honestly? IMO they are the best 4-3 interior line tandem in the league... i would kill to have stroud play NT for the texans. henderson isnt far behind.
AlexVanderpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005   #7
jagualex
Rookie

huh, thats nice to hear. we dont get much national media...well next to none. so i really dont know what the whole oppinion is.
jagualex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-10-2005   #8
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I think most people consider Henderson - Stroud the best DT tandem in the NFL.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005   #9
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
I think most people consider Henderson - Stroud the best DT tandem in the NFL.
Vinny can attest to the fact that I truly like Henderson and Stroud.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005   #10
jagualex
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
Vinny can attest to the fact that I truly like Henderson and Stroud.
since this is a kinda inside statement, im going to ask why you say that?
Old 02-14-2005   #11
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Before we played you one of the times this season, Vinny and I had a debate on Jacksonville and Houston 1st rounders. I made the bold statement that I liked Leftwich, Henderson, and Stroud better than Carr, AJ, and Dunte Robinson.

I personally think that two stud DT's form the foundation for a 4-3 great defense. Teams cannot run against you with two tremendous DT's. Just look at how well the Jags did this year with scrubs playing at the two DE positions. It is obvious to me that should be your first round pick in this draft.

I also liked Leftwich out of college more than I liked Carr out of college.

Of course, I made these statements before Robinson morphed into a Pro Bowl quality player (the guy got robbed because he was a rookie). I think it is more of a draw now. This bunch includes 4 Pro Bowl quality players in AJ, Robinson, Henderson and Stroud along with two QB's that have shown flashes of greatness at times but are inconsistent. One might argue that WR and CB are more important than 2 DT's (for a 4-3 defense), but I would disagree.
Old 02-14-2005   #12
jagualex
Rookie

I respect your opinion, and i think that Carr (at this point) is a better qb than leftwich even though he is a year ahead. Its hard to admit it but i did. But they will both learn and get better in time. i just wish we had Dunte as a second corner....Dewayne sucks...ok thanks for the explanation
Old 02-14-2005   #13
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagualex
I respect your opinion, and i think that Carr (at this point) is a better qb than leftwich even though he is a year ahead. Its hard to admit it but i did. But they will both learn and get better in time. i just wish we had Dunte as a second corner....Dewayne sucks...ok thanks for the explanation
Carr also has about a year and a half more experience as a starter.
Old 02-14-2005   #14
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagualex
i just wish we had Dunte as a second corner....Dewayne sucks...ok thanks for the explanation
Yeah I remember thinking "Huh?!?" when Jacksonville signed Washington. The Steelers let him go because he was stinking up the joint, and they had a lack of depth at CB. Juran Bolden seems to be better than Washington, but that's not saying much. However, he did seem to play better with the Jags than he did with the Falcons. In a division with as many strong armed talented QBs as the AFC South has there is a need for very good CBs. I wouldn't mind us taking another CB early in the draft so we'd have an even better passing defense. Glenn, Robinson, Faggins, (Jones/Miller/Rolle/Browner/etc.) You can never have enough good DBs.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read