Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-12-2008   #21
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: HPF:1st Dream of a Virgin Offseason

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakebomb View Post
Does it count if the midgets are wearing the cheerleader outfits?

Can they be riding a donkey too?
It's your dream. I say go for it. Midgets are cool people. Here's to the cheerleading outfits.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008   #22
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
I stoped right there. Any scenrio having an untested rookie as your primary back up...not prudent... Let me finish it for you "we then claim David Carr off of waivers...."

Say hello to the March hair when you see him there Alice. Kubes & Smith are not going to do this.

http://www.bedtime-story.com/bedtime...cs-alice-7.htm
I agree with the first part of your post but this is entirely unneccessary. So Rookies have no chance of making an impact at important positions at all? Are smoking crack?

1 name.

Joe Thomas

Besides, that is what Training Camp and OTA's are for. To see who can play and who can be a back-up. It's not like the Texans are just going to say "We drafted this guy in the 1st round, therefore he will start without any sort of thought at all".

Seriously, go back and look at other rookies who have started (not just backed up) and have done well. It would be prudent.
Old 01-13-2008   #23
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

its just a dream anyway :elle:
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008   #24
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
I agree with the first part of your post but this is entirely unneccessary. So Rookies have no chance of making an impact at important positions at all? Are smoking crack?

1 name.

Joe Thomas

Besides, that is what Training Camp and OTA's are for. To see who can play and who can be a back-up. It's not like the Texans are just going to say "We drafted this guy in the 1st round, therefore he will start without any sort of thought at all".

Seriously, go back and look at other rookies who have started (not just backed up) and have done well. It would be prudent.
hes talking about the 5th rd rookie qb.. not clady

lol @ us posting as if its reality
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008   #25
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post

and btw we wouldnt sign carr.... we'd take BVP back
I HATE to say it but I'd take HWWNBM before Badlee Van Puke , That guy just makes me ...... wanna puke . There has to be some other option

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008   #26
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrosion View Post
I HATE to say it but I'd take HWWNBM before Badlee Van Puke , That guy just makes me ...... wanna puke . There has to be some other option
Maybe we could bring him back as a cheerleader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008   #27
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbajwp View Post
Maybe we could bring him back as a cheerleader.
I hear the Texans are interested in a sideline mime for Fans to heckle.

IF Sage did get traded really i'm not all that scared. There's always some journeymen QB's out there looking for a backup spot that can fill in nicely for a game or two. A guy like Gus Ferrorte(sp) or anyone else for that matter. If the guy can read a defense and get the ball out. While Sage and Todd Collins might get some interest i'm just s so sure teams are going to chomp at the bit and be willing to give up a second for either. For the record Collins did look more impressive.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008   #28
PHAROAH
All Pro

Rep Power: 96 PHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respectedPHAROAH is a quality contributor and well respected

I think that Nnamdi Asomugha fills the biggest need for the Texans because we are not sure how healthy Daunta will be coming off of that serious knee injury.
Old 01-15-2008   #29
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
i had a somewhat similiar crazy off-season dream a few nights ago- i wont lie it was awesome(and it was somewhat realistic/not impossible)... i think it was 2 nights after i made a thread about a similiar idea in the draft forum- anyway here it was:

the texans signed asomugha and dansby in FA before having a crazy draft day: iirc it went something like this:

we traded sage and next yrs 2nd rder to the bears for their pick and took ryan clady (this MB was going wild fyi)
at pick 18, kenny phillips, campbell, stewart and mendenhall were all still there and we decided to take phillips.. at this pt, everybody here was going crazy with excitement (bar the obligatory sage thread that is created lol) as you can imagine and we're all posting with excitement on our new players and about next yr..

next thing, the commish comes up to the podium and says: ' there has been a trade. With the 19th pick, the TEXANS select Calais Campbell, DE, Miami and we just go nuts (think like when AD scored to make it 38-36 v the tacks). turns out we traded next yrs 1st and 4th, plus this yrs 4th to make the trade (yes my dream was that precise actually

then in the 3rd rd we took jamaal charles and the longhorn section of the fanbase went crazy too!

at this point the guys on the tv were all over the texans saying how they had not just propelled themselves into the playoff picture but had emerged as a massive threat to indy's divisional stranglehold

then the rest of the draft went like this:
5th: some qb (im guessing my subconscious made up a fake name)
6th: some o-lineman (ditto)
7th: woke up sorry

it was a crazy dream really, loved it- top dream of '08 so far! so good i didnt mind writing 5? paragraphs on it lol
WIthout a 7th round selection, I am very disappointed in your dream.
Old 01-15-2008   #30
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Wow. My dreams usually involve midgets, guns, and hot women, though not always in that order.
Ok, who has the guns, midgets or women? Or both? There was no tequila?
Old 01-15-2008   #31
badboy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Ditto. Up grade at OLB wouldn't hurt. Cards can't tag two. Figure they'll tag the safty. They pick up Dansby and there isn't major improvement in turnover production...then you can throw Smith under the bus. He shouldn't cost any where near what Briggs will cost. And you'll get a younger player with more upside at better price.

Greenwood plays well. Greenwood also is feared by no one.

I stoped right there. Any scenrio having an untested rookie as your primary back up...not prudent... Let me finish it for you "we then claim David Carr off of waivers...."

Say hello to the March hair when you see him there Alice. Kubes & Smith are not going to do this.

http://www.bedtime-story.com/bedtime...cs-alice-7.htm
I would rather have Clady or another untested rookie back up at LT than Jordan Black. How many plays did Salaam miss in the lst two years?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read