Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-08-2008   #1
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jan 8 interview with Rick Smith

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=4124
Just found this on Texans web site. He talks about draft and trading down. Pretty generic as to be expected but I thought I'd put it out there.
Old 01-08-2008   #2
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 318355 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jan 8 interview with Rick Smith

Thorn: Rick, if the sky was a slightly paler shade of blue, how would that affect your outlook on draft prospects?

Rick Smith: Well, certainly we use a lot of tools in investigating our draft prospects, and sky color would certainly factor into that. But we try not to let any one thing be our only means of evaluation of talent.

Thorn: What kind of car do you own, Mr. Smith?

Rick Smith: I own several kinds of vehicles, and certainly no one of them can be more important than the other. All of them have to be driven at some point in time, so I try to drive them all as evenly as possible.

Thorn: Do you like Mexican food?

Rick Smith: I certainly enjoy dining out, and when making the decision on which restaurant to attend, we have a good staff being assembled right now to appraise those different choices.

Thorn: Have you ever had sex?

Rick Smith: I think procreation can definitely be considered when assessing a voting population; however its not always a primary concern.

Thorn: Thank you for the interview, Mr. Smith. Do you have any final thoughts?

Rick Smith: Im all for acquiring as many thoughts as possible for any possible situation, but well evaluate that during the process.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008   #3
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1228 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hilarious THORN hilarious.
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008   #4
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Thorn: Rick, if the sky was a slightly paler shade of blue, how would that affect your outlook on draft prospects?

Rick Smith: Well, certainly we use a lot of tools in investigating our draft prospects, and sky color would certainly factor into that. But we try not to let any one thing be our only means of evaluation of talent.

Rick Smith: I own several kinds of vehicles, and certainly no one of them can be more important than the other. All of them have to be driven at some point in time, so I try to drive them all as evenly as possible.

Rick Smith: I certainly enjoy dining out, and when making the decision on which restaurant to attend, we have a good staff being assembled right now to appraise those different choices.

Rick Smith: I think procreation can definitely be considered when assessing a voting population; however it’s not always a primary concern.

Rick Smith: I’m all for acquiring as many thoughts as possible for any possible situation, but we’ll evaluate that during the process.
Great Interview. Compelling and Rich.

Signed,
Ron Burgandy
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008   #5
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually, this might tick some people off but I'm on to Rick Smith's Jedi Mind Tricks.

In this interview, he talked about standing pat and taking a look at the players available AND he talked about wanting to trade back and pick up more picks.

Therefore, he's looking to trade up.

Sneaky bastard.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008   #6
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post

Rick Smith: I think procreation can definitely be considered when assessing a voting population; however its not always a primary concern.

Rick Smith: Im all for acquiring as many thoughts as possible for any possible situation, but well evaluate that during the process.
Great interview. Have you thought about putting in a resume at Houston Chronicle? Anyway, if Rick said something of substance today it could possibly change by tomorrow. Just the process. I almost did not post the thread but I did.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read