Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-07-2008   #21
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Diamonds in the rough

How about the AFL?

Anybody remembers Greg White, our 7th-round draft choice in 2002?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...len&id=3164572
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008   #22
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87575 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas_Texan View Post
Paul Spicer - Jax
Chris Canty - Dal
Justin Fargas - Oak
Mewelde Moore - Min
Andre Davis (until we sign him, he counts! - To be honest, I'm concerned we didn't do this before the season was over)
Quinn Gray - Jax
Travelle Wharton - Car
Boss Bailey - Det
Drayton Florence - San Diego
Eugene Wilson - NE
If I were Andre Davis's agent, I'd be in no hurry to sign with the Texans. He has time to get some offers in and get a very good contract for AD.
Old 01-07-2008   #23
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Greg Jones in JAX is an interesting possibility. He injured his knee a couple of years ago and was out for the season.

They used him at FB this year with the emergence of MJD last year.

He's looked pretty good when he's gotten the ball this year. He's also a FA when his season ends.

I can't help but think that he'd like to go somewhere that he'd get the ball more.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008   #24
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
Greg Jones in JAX is an interesting possibility. He injured his knee a couple of years ago and was out for the season.

They used him at FB this year with the emergence of MJD last year.

He's looked pretty good when he's gotten the ball this year. He's also a FA when his season ends.

I can't help but think that he'd like to go somewhere that he'd get the ball more.
I'd rather have Mewelde Moore
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008   #25
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4862 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Brandon Marshall. 4th rd. 06 pick. Central Florida is an absoulte beast, bigger & stronger than Terrell Owens, very difficult to tackle in the open field or in a crowd. first rd. talent if I've ever seen it, which begs the question how did he last til the middle of the 4th rd?

Now I've made it a point to watch the smaller schools especially Florida schools talent closely. Here are some diamonds for future reference Kevin Smith is returning to school to develop his game & take it to the next level, he could be that diamond in the rough (09). Joe Burnett is a playmaking cb with return abilities & could be available in the 3rd, rd. if he declares, this would solve the Texans need @ CB. Senior Leger Douzable is a 6050 305 lb interior DT that could compete for Maddox/Johnsons spot & you could pick him up in the 5th/6th rd.
Kevin Smith Ddeclared today. Prolly going in the 2nd. just some FYI.
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read