Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-10-2005   #1
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Off Season Rehab

Chad Stanley

Fitness Corner: Injuries
By Dan Riley
www.HoustonTexans.com Click for entire article

Itís time to kick it again with the latest installation of the Fitness Corner.

I have been fortunate to be part of four Super Bowls while with the Redskins. It is an honor and an exhilarating experience when you are part of the Super Bowl hype. There are only two teams left playing and everybody is pumping your tires and telling you, you are the best thing since sliced bread.

When Iím not in the Super Bowl I canít wait for it to get over with. The 2005 NFL season officially begins the day after the Super Bowl. This will mean every team in the NFL is undefeated with an equal opportunity to compete for the next World Championship. It is a tremendous rush to know it is officially time for 32 teams to begin a quest toward the next Championship and our chances are as good as any other team.

Many of our players use the day after the Super Bowl to jump start the beginning of their off-season training. In our stadium there is a new sense of urgency. There will be a new buzz around our facility and the tempo of everything we do will quicken. Suddenly I will hear less of my U2, Springsteen and Tim McGraw in the weight room, and more of the hip hop enjoyed by our younger players. I am eager and willing to make that sacrifice.

It hasnít exactly been quiet in the weight room since the end of our season. There have been players here every day getting treatment in the training room and rehabbing injured areas. For some players the season ended early and they have already started physically preparing for the upcoming season.

Three of those players include Jay Foreman, Seth Payne, and Chad Stanley. Chad had surgery at the end of the season and is well into his knee rehabilitation and has already started a total body strength program with some modifications until he doesnít need crutches to get around.

Jay Foreman also has had to modify some of the things he does in the weight room while he recovers from a season ending ankle injury. Jay is one of our most disciplined workers and was back in the weight room just a few days after surgery. The word from Jay Foreman is, ďIíll be back, and better than ever.Ē

Seth Payne also had surgery to repair his hamstring. Seth, like Chad and Jay, returned to training as soon as he was able. He currently wears a brace which prevents him from bending at the waist. He must remain in a supine (lying on back), prone (lying face down), or standing position. This limits the number and type of exercises he can perform, however it doesnít limit how hard Seth continues to train.

We continue to add new things he can perform in a safe manner. Seth and I both live on the edge a little bit so we try and make sure we donít get too crazy...

..Some athletes look for excuses skip work outs. I am fortunate to be part of this current Texans team. It is collectively the most disciplined team I have trained in my twenty-four years as an NFL strength coach. The three players listed above are testimony to this discipline.

Jay Foreman and Seth Payne

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005   #2
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice read. That last little bit is a nice compliment to Dom Capers. I am confident that no matter what happens... his team is ALWAYS going to give 110% (give or take a few apples).
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005   #3
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate
Nice read. That last little bit is a nice compliment to Dom Capers. I am confident that no matter what happens... his team is ALWAYS going to give 110% (give or take a few apples).

I saw times this past season when they didn't seem to even give 50%. On the field that is. Indy, Denver, and home against Cleveland.

Last edited by bckey; 02-10-2005 at 10:18 AM.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005   #4
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

What happened to Stanley?
Old 02-10-2005   #5
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Chad was playing injured for a good part of the season. I believe he injured his knee somehow. It was a muscle tear or tendon tear or something like that.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005   #6
red bull
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey
I saw times this past season when they didn't seem to even give 50%. On the field that is. Indy, Denver, and home against Cleveland.
How could you tell?
red bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005   #7
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by red bull
How could you tell?
Because they blew harder than the North wind
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-10-2005   #8
Ranger
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Ranger

Thats Chad Stanley? At first I thought a redneck had broken into the Texans Weight Room.............
Old 02-10-2005   #9
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Thats funny he dont look much like a football player with out a uniform on !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005   #10
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
Thats funny he dont look much like a football player with out a uniform on !

Umm, he's a punter, he doesn't look like much of a football player IN a uniform

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy, he's our punter. . . All in good fun here
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005   #11
TheTim5125
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TheTim5125

Kickers are football players... hmmm.. this may start a topic in the NFL forum

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read