Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-04-2008   #21
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Youtube Video:THe biggest Draft Busts in texans history

Speaking of the expansion draft, the Pats left Willie McGinnest exposed. Hmmph.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008   #22
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I just remember reading an article in the Chronicle trying to compare David Carr, Jonathan Wells, and Jabar Gaffney to Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith, and Michael Irvin. Sheesh. What a load of BS
There's a lot similarities there:
Both Quarterbacks were white guys whose sexual preference was brought into question.

Both receivers are black guys originally from Florida
Old 01-04-2008   #23
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
There's a lot similarities there:
Both Quarterbacks were white guys whose sexual preference was brought into question.

Both receivers are black guys originally from Florida
I think that Troy drew the line when it comes to white gloves .
Old 01-04-2008   #24
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5747 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I think that Troy drew the line when it comes to white gloves .
Funny that you mention this. I can't remember what game he was broadcasting last (I've watched just about everyone this past 10 day) but the QB was wearing gloves and he actually admitted that he would have worn gloves in bad weather had they made them like they do now...back then. It might have been the Pats/NYG game since it was raining in that one.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008   #25
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 14086 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

what about that mario williams guy? He had a terrible rookie season!
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008   #26
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 114610 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Cause the Texans could field a pretty good team with guys they could have picked from 2002 -2005 .
...and which of the other 31 teams couldn't?
Old 01-04-2008   #27
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I don't think Gaffney was necessarily a bust but I think he was probably selected a little too high (1st pick in the 2nd round).
Hey, he did beat out a few draft picks by the Patriots: Chad Johnson (36) & Bethel Johnson (45)
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008   #28
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Par for the course, he lists Gaffney as being taken over Clinton Portis, which is inaccurate. Pitts was taken over Portis.

Never let the facts stand in the way of a good tale, I suppose.
If memory serves me, Gaffney was the 1st 2nd Round Pick and Pitts was our 2nd 2nd round pick. I liked Gaffney in college and he has turned into a decent pro, but I will never understand why we drafted him so early. Just another Casserley move. Look at the first 2 years of our draft when we had extra picks. Just pathetic picks throughout both drafts.

FWIW - Casserley is still unemployed by an NFL team.....that tells you all you need to know. I am sure he wish he could do it all over again, but he blew it and God willing, RS will continue to right the ship and get some talent on our roster.

anywho, gaffney was a bust for the texans but he is still in the league and is on a team that is 16-0 (need we not remind that he caught the game winning TD on MNF v. the Ravens and it was a clutch catch) so he has shaken the bust label with hard work and professionalism......and being on one of the greatest teams in the history of the NFL doesn't hurt. Good for Gaffney.

I am really pumped about next year. I could handle a change at DC to say the least, but this is like the first season where our team has had what feels like a sense of stability and direction this offseason. Last offseason was a good one but it was such a whirlwind and was such a sea change. With a few additions to some key positions, we should be very competitive in our division and if Schaub or Sage were to step up consistently like they stepped up last year inconsistently, well then we may be a playoff team finally.

This year we were one win away. 7-3 outside of our division. Lets all hope for the best and GO TEXANS
Old 01-04-2008   #29
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

This thread just reconfirms my hatred for C cubed.
Old 01-04-2008   #30
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 154446 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
...and which of the other 31 teams couldn't?
That would be a good point except the Texans had 39 picks from 2002-2005 . They should have had 42 but they traded for Babin and Pbuck .

That's 6 years worth of draft picks in 4 years and our return would be a generous D .

I think if you hit on 40% of your picks , you're doing good . 40% of 39 is 16 ... the Texans did'nt get 16 players with those picks .

Last edited by Honoring Earl 34; 01-04-2008 at 08:32 PM.
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read