Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-04-2008   #1
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Looks like Jerome is giving up to Andre

MANVEL, Texas -- A Houston Texans player was once again cited for allowing his pit bulls to escape his Brazoria County property, KPRC Local 2 reported Thursday.

Jerome Mathis, 24, is a wide receiver for the Texans.

"To find out that this incident last night happened where it's just three days prior to his court appearance is absurd. I just can't believe an animal owner would be that reckless," said a female witness, who did not want to be identified.
Old 01-04-2008   #2
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Looks like Jerome is giving up to Andre

http://www.click2houston.com/news/14974297/detail.html#
Old 01-04-2008   #3
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

sorry but i missed the part in the article where it says he set the pitbulls after AD (judging by the thread title)
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008   #4
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

We need Tedc to translate, he is the only one who knows Joe Texantalk!
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008   #5
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

hummm.....could mean that Mathis is gone after this incident, and by default AD takes over his role.

As if that hadn't already been decieded. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008   #6
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

wow, I thought this was a re-post of when this happened earlier, it happend again!!???? Come on Jerome.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008   #7
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 353155 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
wow, I thought this was a re-post of when this happened earlier, it happend again!!???? Come on Jerome.
Yeah, it happened again. They even mention in the article how bad that's going to look because he's about to go into a hearing for his FIRST offense.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-04-2008   #8
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 159792 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yep, 740 was all over it this morning on the drive in. I immediately got the implication of the thread title. (esp. given McNair's ongoing comments about high-character guys)
Old 01-04-2008   #9
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 56302 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

My canine escape artist passed away this fall. She could get out of any yard, and as soon as you blocked one hole, she found another. Luckily, she was a sweetheart and never appeared threatening to anyone. I had tags with our address and phone number on them, and I can't tell you how many times I got calls from someone saying they had found my dog. The whole neighborhood ended up knowing her and returning her.

So initially, I had some sympathy for Mathis and could understand how even a responsible pet owner's dogs could get out. However, when I got to the part of the story where the dogs were unvaccinated, he lost my sympathy. Mathis can afford the vet bill's and if he isn't vaccinating his pet's, I have my doubts about how responsible he is being in other areas.

I am not one to jump on the pit bulls are bad animal's bandwagon. But, if you own them in today's climate of pit bull fear - you need to be especially careful.
Old 01-04-2008   #10
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
My canine escape artist passed away this fall. She could get out of any yard, and as soon as you blocked one hole, she found another. Luckily, she was a sweetheart and never appeared threatening to anyone. I had tags with our address and phone number on them, and I can't tell you how many times I got calls from someone saying they had found my dog. The whole neighborhood ended up knowing her and returning her.

So initially, I had some sympathy for Mathis and could understand how even a responsible pet owner's dogs could get out. However, when I got to the part of the story where the dogs were unvaccinated, he lost my sympathy. Mathis can afford the vet bill's and if he isn't vaccinating his pet's, I have my doubts about how responsible he is being in other areas.

I am not one to jump on the pit bulls are bad animal's bandwagon. But, if you own them in today's climate of pit bull fear - you need to be especially careful.
According to the story of the first incident, the dogs had chased people into their abodes and up onto cars to avoid being attacked. So, while pit bulls may or may not be bad dogs, HIS pit bulls were aggressive. It is only common sense to keep your aggressive dogs (of whatever breed) confined. If they do escape, and you face charges, you damn sure better make sure they stay confined in the future.

Mathis failed all intelligence-related criteria in these incidents. Add this to his extensive injury resume, and he should be fired.
Old 01-04-2008   #11
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
According to the story of the first incident, the dogs had chased people into their abodes and up onto cars to avoid being attacked. So, while pit bulls may or may not be bad dogs, HIS pit bulls were aggressive. It is only common sense to keep your aggressive dogs (of whatever breed) confined. If they do escape, and you face charges, you damn sure better make sure they stay confined in the future.

Mathis failed all intelligence-related criteria in these incidents. Add this to his extensive injury resume, and he should be fired.
Traded for a 4th or 5th rd.pick.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008   #12
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

To Atlanta
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008   #13
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 13 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Oh lord. This guy is an embarrassment. Considering Andre Davis' breakout season on special teams, I would say that he nothing more than dead weight on an all ready chubby team.

Bye bye Jerome.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008   #14
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 77 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Immediately if not sooner.
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008   #15
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Is Cincy in the market for an injury prone KR?
Old 01-04-2008   #16
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post

Great line. That's so true, as much money as he makes as a pro athelete, he needs to get his head out of his butt and handle his business, geez.
Old 01-04-2008   #17
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

I had an aggressive escape artist Lab named Toro, He tried to bite my neighbor and it was off to the spca for him. If it had been a pit bull then I probably would have done it sooner. There is no room for an agressive dog where children play.
Old 01-04-2008   #18
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

I feel sorry for the people who spent TOO much money on his pro-bowl jersey.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008   #19
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Looks like Jerome is giving up to Andre

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
To Atlanta
Ziiiiing! Too soon? Too soon?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008   #20
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post

Sorry to hear of your dog's passing...was she a dachshund by chance? I can't keep my escape artist in the yard either. I have posted about her before, and her Underground Weiner dog Railway system. Short of a concrete moat surrounding the fence...what can you do? But she is vaccinated, tagged and not a threat, unlike Jerome's problems....
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read