Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-02-2005   #1
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Andre deserves better than this...

The guy is the best player on the field and gets maybe 4 balls thrown his way in a loss against the worse team in the NFL. If I was him I would try to get out of this system ASAP. Trade him for O-line help... it's not like the Texans coaches are gonna use him anyway.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005   #2
gwallaia

Rep Power: 51052 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Its hard to throw to anyone when the offensive line does not give the QB a chance to breathe.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005   #3
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67197 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

funny you should mention that considering johnson has possesed the ball 152 times in his 2 years here (that includes rush attempts). that number dosent include the attempts to get johnson the ball (errant throws and drops) or busted plays (sacks, fumbled snaps, etc...) that may have been intended for johnson.
Old 01-02-2005   #4
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9693 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder why they have not been throwing the quick hitch or quick slant to Andre lately. They were very successful with it earlier in the season.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005   #5
fresno8
Veteran

Because our coaches are morons and sometimes Carr doesn't even have that much time to throw. Ridiculous. I wish we could get it in his hands more and I think everyone does.
fresno8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005   #6
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4640 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food
If I was him I would try to get out of this system ASAP.
Why doesn't that surprise me.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005   #7
Texan Gal 312
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS
I wonder why they have not been throwing the quick hitch or quick slant to Andre lately. They were very successful with it earlier in the season.
It is all about the offensive line and a little math. We can not block 4 guys with 7 guys. They are all over the short routes and deep routes with 7 guys to cover 3. For those that were not at the game the early deep pass to Andre they just missed on was a 1 receiver route. I believe they tried the same play later in game but Carr was not able to get the pass off.
Texan Gal 312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-02-2005   #8
Lucky

Rep Power: 103975 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Andre was part of this loss, just like everyone else on this team. On the opening drive, AJ ran an 8 yard route on 3rd & 9. On the final drive of the 1st half, his offensive pass interference knocked the Texans out of FG range. It wasn't a Pro Bowl type performance.
Old 01-02-2005   #9
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
Andre was part of this loss, just like everyone else on this team. On the opening drive, AJ ran an 8 yard route on 3rd & 9. On the final drive of the 1st half, his offensive pass interference knocked the Texans out of FG range. It wasn't a Pro Bowl type performance.
I agree but I dont remember one pass directed AJ's way in the second half.

(And that wasnt offensive pass interference)

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005   #10
texansfan88
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
I agree but I dont remember one pass directed AJ's way in the second half.

(And that wasnt offensive pass interference)
thats b/c u were too busy eating nachos HAHAHHAHA
texansfan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2005   #11
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4640 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hardly anyone performed even moderatly well today. LOTS of blame to be spread around. This truly qualifies as a team loss.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #12
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

I have always said Andre has not been utilized like he should have been and it is such a waste...This coming season they need to really work on that...Whats the use of having this kick a** receiver if your not going to utilize him???...
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #13
wags
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 wags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famerwags is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEyeBC32

Found the smilie
The mods need to make this a permanent smilie.
Old 01-03-2005   #14
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

It's the coaches responsibility to design plays that puts the ball in the hands of your playmakers. You don't always need 4 seconds in the pocket to get the ball to Johnson.

Run slants, WR screens, skinny posts, etc. Not everything has to be fly patterns down the sidelines.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #15
Texan Gal 312
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
It's the coaches responsibility to design plays that puts the ball in the hands of your playmakers. You don't always need 4 seconds in the pocket to get the ball to Johnson.

Run slants, WR screens, skinny posts, etc. Not everything has to be fly patterns down the sidelines.
No but 1.5 seconds would be nice. slants and skinny post are not open b/c they have 7 guys covering three receivers. They do not rush linebackers to get pressure and they are just laying in waiting for us to try a quick slant.
Texan Gal 312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005   #16
DR#1
Rookie

yea i'm pretty upset that our pro bowl receiver gets only 2 catches, and alot of the passese carr throw 2 him aren't always that accurate, but the coaches should design plays for your 1000 yard receiver
DR#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005   #17
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225226 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cOWboy H8r
I know this is an old post but this is what I was talking about, You have a PRO BOWL - FRANCHISE Player you have to find a way to get him the ball!
The best WR's in the league get 4-8 balls thrown their way each week. AJ was targetted something like 3rd most in the AFC last year. That isn't the problem. Getting a legitimate #2 opposite him is a problem. OL protection to let AJ and the other WR's get open is a problem. Having a TE that doesn't telegraph the play and can block and catch both is a problem. Carr making good progressions is improving but still a problem. Wanting to get the ball to AJ is not a problem.
Old 02-10-2005   #18
NeViKaN
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS

The corners quit giving the 5 yrd cushion. Do you blame them.
NeViKaN is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read