Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-30-2007   #21
checo446
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 checo446 was voted MVPcheco446 was voted MVPcheco446 was voted MVPcheco446 was voted MVPcheco446 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to checo446
Default Re: Texans RB's for 2008 season-Is Ahman Green Gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Stewart & Jones have not yet declared.
Give it time, I think atleast Stewart will declare. Felix Jones appears to be a fairly sure thing to declare as well with both likely to go in the first round.
checo446 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #22
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I still don't understand what people saw in Chris Taylor. He was on the practice squad for almost all of 06, had one good game against a bad Browns team, and has been injured all of this season and hasn't played a snap. If we go into the season with Darius Walker and Chris Taylor fighting for the RB job, I'm not going to have confidence in our running game. I like what I saw out of Walker, but I would still rather draft a guy
Itws not so much as Taylor being the savior, but the fact that we have major holes and limited resources. If we had the #2, we could get our franchise back for the next 4 years, but its hard with the OL, CB,OLB, and C/G holes
Old 12-30-2007   #23
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

I doubt Green is on the Texans next year. If not by the team's choice, then by his own like Moulds last year.
Old 12-30-2007   #24
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 224197 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think we'll seen Green wearing a Texans uniform next year. Just my opinion.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #25
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Green was guaranteed about $6.5 mil and according to houstonprofootball.com He was paid about $4,255,280 and so that would mean he is still owed $2,244,720 That would be that cap hit for next year for him to not even be playing versus just over $5 mil to play. The only reason Green will not be in a Texans uni next year is if they can sign a FA rb like Michael Turner, have a large chunk guarunteed but have it small for the first year as far as cap figure goes.

sources: http://www.houstonprofootball.com/cap.html
http://gnb.scout.com/2/623900.html
Old 12-31-2007   #26
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
to not even be playing versus just over $5 mil to play.
You're assuming that this isn't a cartlidge dealy ? And what are you basing that asumption on ?

I critized the deal out of hand when it was made. Why...quick fix grey beards rarely, if ever, work. Period. Mr. McNair would of got more bang for his money if he would of plied it up in front of reliant an set it on fire. At least we could of got a fair wehner roast out of the fire. He was a rare athlete five years ago. Not any more. It was a freak hit, but ahmen is DONE. Pay him five million for what ?
Chop the dead wood and move on.
Old 12-31-2007   #27
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fikster View Post
almost. there must have been a reason he didn't pull the trigger on both of those deals. who else is coming out besides possibly McFadden and Jones. Our pick will be somewhere between the 13th and 20th. Another off season acquisition in free agency would put us back where we are.
Jones says he might be staying at ark next year
LonerATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #28
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10015 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
I've got to think that Stewart is going to declare. Dixon was that entire offense, and they are probably going to be one of the worst teams in the Pac 10 next year.
I think Stewart will also be going considering he is said to be a high pick next to mendenhall and of course Dmac
LonerATO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #29
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 82785 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fikster View Post
i respectfully disagree, although i see your point. i just think those FA's don't offer anything better than what you already have on the roster. Walker or Taylor can offer the same as most of those guys.
Dude opposite day was only cool in elementary school. Seriously man... Walker is a 3rd down back. Turner and Jones are much better than that. Taylor is a guy who had one good game against a horrible defense and then blew out his knee before he had a chance to show he was really that good. It was almost an Echemanduesque performance.. only it was against a bottom feeder defense. Turner is going to be a stud and he's been watching the best in the business for the last 3 years. Jones has shown he's a quality runner. Fargas is talented but I think he's the worst of those 3.

Walker = Davis. Lets not try to get too much out of our 3rd down back this time.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #30
checo446
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 checo446 was voted MVPcheco446 was voted MVPcheco446 was voted MVPcheco446 was voted MVPcheco446 was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to checo446

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
I think Stewart will also be going considering he is said to be a high pick next to mendenhall and of course Dmac
Especially after what he did in the Sun Bowl today. Stewart was an absolute animal breaking out the long TD runs.
checo446 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read