Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-30-2007   #1
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default We are NOT losers

We are no longer losers. That’s all. I have nothing else to say. We are not losers anymore. Make fun of .500 all you want, but we are where we have never been before.

Kiss my damn ass, but we are now not losers.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #2
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: We are NOT losers

I understand. I looked at my wife and said that she could now call the Texans a lot of things but she couldn't call them losers anymore.
Old 12-30-2007   #3
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38657 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Nope we are average .Next year above average!
Old 12-30-2007   #4
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 28871 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

yay we r average lol
Old 12-30-2007   #5
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

We finally clawed our way up to mediocriaty...I'm thirilled with 8-8. You could not have asked for a better season at home...6-2!
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #6
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12220 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

...and gosh darn it, people like us!
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #7
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57076 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookinreds View Post
...and gosh darn it, people like us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-30-2007   #8
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 294595 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khari View Post
yay we r average lol
It's a start. LOL

Old 12-30-2007   #9
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

8-8, exactly like I called it and a nice improvement! Only problem is that it's a bit like kissing your sister. Oh well, next year we will find a different kind of girl and abuse the snott out of her!

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #10
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 243112 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm elated like the rest to have ended on a positive note. But can someone please explain the game plan behind the short squib-like kickoff that Brown was evidently told to execute with less than a minute to go in the 1st half. The field was left so short that the Jags came one play from scoring at least a field goal. Play calling/time management like this is still kind of scaring me.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #11
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Geordy: Look Dude, don’t make me take off my visor and kick your ass. We are 8-8 for the first time and I like it.

Old 12-31-2007   #12
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12220 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #13
austintexanite
All Pro

I'm alright with it, I predicted 8-8 in the beginning of the year and playoffs in 08.
Old 12-31-2007   #14
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Jeffry Hunter (who played Jesus in King of Kings staring in a Combat! episode is the pic.

Sgt. Saunders: Thanks for pitching in on our little disagreement with the Nazis. But can you, say in 70 years or so, do something with the Texans?

Jesus: That’s asking a lot

Sgt Saunders: I know, but Houston fans need a break

Jesus: How about two kick off returns in one game?

Sgt Saunders: That’ll work.

Old 12-31-2007   #15
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Khari my dear I like you but really at this point with the 9ers you have no room to talk.

TEXANS KICK ASS WORRY ABOUT NAMES LATTER!!

Old 12-31-2007   #16
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 375285 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
We are no longer losers. That’s all. I have nothing else to say. We are not losers anymore. Make fun of .500 all you want, but we are where we have never been before.

Kiss my damn ass, but we are now not losers.
This is all true...

but we've never been winners.

Congrats to the Texans and the Texans faithful for a .500 season. How sweet it should be....but to be honest, I'm left with an empty feeling and wanting more! Eight....long.....loooooong....months...
Old 12-31-2007   #17
SICLICK
Rookie

Rep Power: 13 SICLICK could be on the next Madden coverSICLICK could be on the next Madden coverSICLICK could be on the next Madden coverSICLICK could be on the next Madden coverSICLICK could be on the next Madden coverSICLICK could be on the next Madden cover

Ill take 8-8. We atleast arent at the bottom of the barrel this time around. Next season im looking for more though.
SICLICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #18
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
This is all true...

but we've never been winners.

Congrats to the Texans and the Texans faithful for a .500 season. How sweet it should be....but to be honest, I'm left with an empty feeling and wanting more! Eight....long.....loooooong....months...
to be honest, I couldn't agree more with you. we get a little taste in April with the draft but 8 months of waiting began today.

if you want to feel good about the Texans don't even bother with the 8-8 record. Take solace that we were in the best division in football and we were 7-3 out of our division, including 3-1 v. both NFC South and AFC West.

If the Jags come back down to earth and the Titans don't take steps towards improving their talent level, we could have a much better divisional record next year. I will take that for what its worth and remember that I enjoyed this season of Texans football more than any other. It was nice having not just one but two quality QBs to lead our offense after 5 years of total ineptitude at the position.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read