Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-08-2005   #21
Ranger
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Ranger

It would hard to beleive Trotter in a Texan uniform. After his "resurection" with the Eagles he will once again be looking for the big money, when he should just take what hes got already.

Hartwell would be a great addition to this team. It would be fun to see 2 former Ravens and Ray Lewis counterparts playing next to each other. I think it would be a great combo too. Hartwell in my find should be up there on our wish list. I don't think he would come at too big of a cost, we could afford him, I mean its not like he can say he's gone to the Pro Bowl or anything. Would $2.5-3 mil a season be too much for us to handle?

I don't think we would go after a secondary player in the FA market. Besides I really don't see how Baxter would help us. Baxter is a good #2 corner, but we would be better off drafting one.
Old 02-09-2005   #22
Apoc6
Rookie

Default for whom the BELL(MLB) tolls

I would take Hartwell all day but having said that Pittsburgh played without Kendrell Bell most of last season (and played well). He is a free agent do you think they are going to spend money on him when they don't have to?
Old 02-09-2005   #23
LikeABoss
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 LikeABoss seems to be losing the respect of his peers
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc6
but having said that Pittsburgh played without Kendrell Bell most of last season (and played well). He is a free agent do you think they are going to spend money on him when they don't have to?
Nope, they will probably offer Larry Foote more money than they will offer Bell because Foote was the one that filled into Bell's spot the whole season and he played pretty well.
Old 02-09-2005   #24
NoBullTexan
Veteran

I think Trotter learned his lesson the last time he was a FA. He interviewed with us but ultimately chose Washington. Also I think Trotter just wants to stay with Andy Reid.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read