Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-28-2007   #1
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Numbers and other foolishness

Since I donít go back to work until January 7th, itís a two-for-one thread from Thorn for tonight. You get your numbers for the Jacksonville game plus a Friday night drunk thread all in one. Looking at the numbers, the numbers pretty much say we are gonna get our butts kicked this Sunday. However, the Texans get to wear Battle Red. We shall see what we shall see.

If we lose, weíll probably draft somewhere between 11 and 15. If we win, weíll probably draft somewhere between 17 and 22. But you know what, I want to win anyway. I want a NON LOSING SEASON. And I want it this Sunday. I want at least one freakiní division win this season.

In the meantime, Iím heading for the Jack Daniels so donít expect me to be running my posts through Word anymore so they are readable.

Offense

Houston
336 YPG, 94 rushing YPG, 242 passing YPG, 22 points PG

Jacksonville
355 YPG, 153 rushing YPG, 202 passing YPG, 25 points PG

Defense

Houston
341 YPG, 115 rushing YPG, 226 passing YPG, 23 points PG

Jacksonville
315 YPG, 95 rushing YPG, 219 passing YPG, 17 points PG

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007   #2
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 290612 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Numbers and other foolishness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I want a NON LOSING SEASON.
I second that motion!!!

It won't surprise me if we win or lose, but man, a .500 season never looked so good. (how sad to say, really)
Old 12-28-2007   #3
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I just think it would be so cool, so great, to be in a division that all teams were 500 and above for the season. It's never been done bvfore. That's the the last bit of respect we cant get from this season.

To bad next season will be just as hard.

Old 12-28-2007   #4
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I just think it would be so cool, so great, to be in a division that all teams were 500 and above for the season. It's never been done bvfore. That's the the last bit of respect we cant get from this season.

To bad next season will be just as hard.
It does piss me off that if we had beaten the Colts early on and pulled out that Tennessee game, this game would have been the biggest game in franchise history. Oh well, shoulda, coulda, woulda. Either way a good Jaguar ass kicking to end in a non-losing season would be great going into next year.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007   #5
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy View Post
Either way a good Jaguar ass kicking to end in a non-losing season would be great going into next year.
Yes. Yes it woud.

Old 12-28-2007   #6
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 217165 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy View Post
It does piss me off that if we had beaten the Colts early on and pulled out that Tennessee game, this game would have been the biggest game in franchise history. Oh well, shoulda, coulda, woulda. Either way a good Jaguar ass kicking to end in a non-losing season would be great going into next year.
If, if, if ... if we had just won one game we should have won (Atlanta), we'd be sitting at 8 wins already. That loss sticks in my craw more than any other this season.
Old 12-28-2007   #7
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
If, if, if ... if we had just won one game we should have won (Atlanta), we'd be sitting at 8 wins already. That loss sticks in my craw more than any other this season.
That was a dumb ass, stupid ass loss. It should have never happened. Had we been a (A) better coached team (B) better running game (C) AJ not injured (D) other excuses here (E) ****** it we lost anyway so what does it matter now (F) whatever

Well, you get my point. Itís done with. I canít tell you how much I hated that loss because it was so stupid and pointless. In any case, we are still back where we started. When the frigging century are we gonna have something other than a losers record?

Thatís all that matters. Jesus H. frigging sack the quaterback when it counts and do sometthing other than score on the frist damn possision Christ help us all before we all dive into a pit of self depression.

Sponsored links
Old 12-29-2007   #8
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, a win is important. And I don't care who J-ville suits up, it'll still say 8-8 first non-losing season in team history in the books 3, 5, 10 years from now. Nobody will remember or care that the 8th win came in a meaningless game for the Jags.

This win is important if for no other reason than this team needs to learn to win a game they NEED to win. This will be their 3rd go at an 8th win and they came out and layed a big fat turd the first 2 cracks at it. That can't happen this time.

This is their playoff game. A chance to end the streak of losing seasons. They need to take it seriously, they need to be focused, they need to play a good solid football game. Anything less and this will be one pissed off madder'n hell fan.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007   #9
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we have a real solid shot at pulling out this W. And I want it as much as you guys do. We play much better at home and we almost always give jax a tough game, so I am looking forward to our TEAM kickin' some ass!

Old 12-30-2007   #10
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Exactly what I was thinking.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read