Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-28-2007   #21
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 13 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam
Default Re: Schaub:FRANCHISE PLAYER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
I am not going to parse his statement other than to say that he was already better in yr one than Carr was in any of his 5 years, and according to the Carr lovers on this board, it takes 5 yrs to get the right players around a QB and determine how good he is, so in my book Matt has 4 more years to prove himself.

4 More Years! 4 More Years!
Not exactly accurate. Schaub's 11 starts this season are actually statistically comparable to Carr's 16 starts in 2004. Schaub took fewer sacks and only averages .2 more YPP than Carr did 2004. Schaub has a higher Comp.% than Carr did in 2004, but was also on pace to throw more INTs and just as many TDs as Carr did.

None-the-less, based on Carr's entire career...I would say that Schaub is, at least, a fair improvement over Carr. However, being better than David was doesn't say a lot about one's ability. At best, David was an average QB. At worst...well, negative five yards passing. Schaub needs to improve.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007   #22
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 267323 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam View Post
The nature's Kubiak's statements seem to suggest that he needs Schaub to get his ass in gear by next season. The statement "we can't wait three or four years" would seem to suggest that Schaub left a lot of questions unanswered in the eyes of Kubiak. Coach Kubes' words would, to me, sounds like he may be questioning exactly how long the team will be able to count on Schaub to win games.

Now, make no mistake, I am all for Schaub getting his chance next year. Hopefully with better tools and a much improved offensive line and perhaps a defense that can put him back on the field.Despite a lot of flaws, he does have potential. At the very least, we should milk him for all he's worth given how much we paid for him. However, with all of that said, Kubiak is right...we don't have David Carr like time to waste on sub-standard players. I would say that if week five rolls around, and Schaub is not playing up to expectations, or if he is injured again, then I would say that job should go to Rosenfels, permanently.
The same could be said for Rosenfelds.............What's interesting is that Schaub has more NFL game-time experience than Rosenfels:

See career passing stats/experience (G/GS):

Rosenfels

Schaub
CloakNNNdagger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007   #23
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Why does any thread that has the name Schaub in the title have to de-evolve into an already beaten into the ground debate over whether Schaub is better than Sage?

It's getting old folks, and it isn't going to be answered before July of next year.

I think from here on out the Sage and Schaub camp should just agree to disagree until practice and playing can be done again next season.

I for one will not defend Schaub to anybody else on this board or any other board for that matter. I do admit to having faith that Schaub will get better while Rosenfels will always throw lots of picks but that's just me.

I think that Schaubs flaws can easily be repaired by a decent QB coach. I think that we were also spoiled by David Carr (If you can say that) because he was able to take so many hits and get back up. I don't think he's too fragile yet, but the concern is there.

But most of all he shows a lot more potential, to me, than anybody else playing QB for the Texans.
Old 12-28-2007   #24
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Why does any thread that has the name Schaub in the title have to de-evolve into an already beaten into the ground debate over whether Schaub is better than Sage?
Just throw the name Carr into it and see what happens.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007   #25
bigfan77801
Plebian

Rep Power: 376 bigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respected

The name that can't be spoken was mentioned in the second to last paragraph
To all the threads about this subject

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read