Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-25-2007   #1
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Post "NFC perhaps?!.."

How come we can't switch like to the NFC, I mean seriously?! Let me know what ya'll think.
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007   #2
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 92750 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "NFC perhaps?!.."

So Bob just calls Roger Goodell and the NFL gets right on that?
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007   #3
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

i think we would have a better chance of building a time machine and not drafting David Carr.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007   #4
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imatexanfan View Post
How come we can't switch like to the NFC, I mean seriously?! Let me know what ya'll think.
A joke thread. I like that.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007   #5
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
A joke thread. I like that.
hilarious goodell u there?!
Old 12-25-2007   #6
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Post Re: "NFC perhaps?!.."

Now don't get me wrong here, I understand what has brought this on. As I have been a season ticket holder since the beginning I (well actually all of us)would really like to see us win some games and had always hoped to make a playoff game if we ever got there.

Thing is that at the beginning of the season many people knew what the Texans had and I am not going to try to go back through all the old post but many folks stated that, "hey we know this is a bust year, new coach, many new things, we win a few games and look to the coming years." Now that the season has gone bad many of the same people are in a rage that we didn't make the super bowl.

Did all these Real Texans Fans suddenly lose there once good grip on the reality of the Texans for this year.

Sure Schaub didn't turn out like everyone hoped and its best but at least we showed a run at the "NFC".
Old 12-25-2007   #7
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Now don't get me wrong here, I understand what has brought this on. As I have been a season ticket holder since the beginning I (well actually all of us)would really like to see us win some games and had always hoped to make a playoff game if we ever got there.

Thing is that at the beginning of the season many people knew what the Texans had and I am not going to try to go back through all the old post but many folks stated that, "hey we know this is a bust year, new coach, many new things, we win a few games and look to the coming years." Now that the season has gone bad many of the same people are in a rage that we didn't make the super bowl.

Did all these Real Texans Fans suddenly lose there once good grip on the reality of the Texans for this year.

Sure Schaub didn't turn out like everyone hoped and its best but at least we showed a run at the "NFC".

I thought with what we had we'd be competitive. Who knew we'd lead the league in injuries.
Sponsored links
Old 12-25-2007   #8
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

I think that with 17 or so people on IR, the fact that we are 7-8 in the AFC really shows how much potential this team has. If we were in the NFC, there is no doubt in my mind that we would have went at least 10-6 this season. Next year should, at the least, be interesting.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007   #9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
it was his first year as a starter and he was beat up too much... the verdict is still out on him. all i know is, he's light years ahead of carr.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007   #10
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

While we are at it I heard the Rockets want in the Eastern Conference.
Old 12-26-2007   #11
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 74351 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

hell no. Saints Falcons and Cowboy fans are bad enough once every 4 years.
Old 12-26-2007   #12
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Can we switch back when the NFC turns into the harder conference?
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007   #13
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam View Post
I think that with 17 or so people on IR, the fact that we are 7-8 in the AFC really shows how much potential this team has. If we were in the NFC, there is no doubt in my mind that we would have went at least 10-6 this season. Next year should, at the least, be interesting.
No disrespect ment Adam but shouldn't the main question be just how good were the seventeen in the first place ? And not what are fortunes would be under different circumstnces ?

Well one thing 'bout the division. If we ever win it. we will have earned it. It won't be a cheap ticket to the dance. That is for sure.

O-5 we got some off season work to do.

Old 12-27-2007   #14
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 93152 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Nothing wrong with having to beat the best to be the best in my books.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007   #15
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
No disrespect ment Adam but shouldn't the main question be just how good were the seventeen in the first place ? And not what are fortunes would be under different circumstnces ?

Well one thing 'bout the division. If we ever win it. we will have earned it. It won't be a cheap ticket to the dance. That is for sure.

O-5 we got some off season work to do.

Not all of them were elite players, or even starters. However, just look at some of the names on the list. The massive amount of o-lineman on the list speaks volumes for our ability to create something with very little. Which is a sign of good development.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007   #16
Xetuoh1836
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 Xetuoh1836 is a Pro BowlerXetuoh1836 is a Pro Bowler

Interesting article from Bob @ HPF website..

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/review/review80.html
Xetuoh1836 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read