Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-25-2007   #21
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 115178 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Thoughts.

We are middle of the pack as far as cap space next year (hate to break it to some of you). The years of throwing money around are long gone. Great teams are built through the draft, supplemented through FA. Teams like the Redskins were/are built almost entirely through FA - we don't want to be them.

My opinion....OL, DB, LB/RB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007   #22
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
I guess some of the fans want Joppru and Miller back instead.
Say what you will about Billy Miller, but he could be counted on to hang onto to football when it mattered most. I cringe everytime that Daniels touches to ball.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007   #23
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
a few points...

we aren't getting Turner...nor do we need to overpay for a rb when so many good backs come out in each draft

Sage is an excellent back up QB. Donno why you guys want to trash a solid reserve...it's hard to win in this league if you don't have depth. Lots of things to talk down about on this team but Sage isn't one of them

speaking of that....Daniels is a fine TE...may not be in the elite group but he is in the second tier of TE's in the NFL....He's a young player that catches well, runs good routes but makes a few young player mistakes in his soph year....donno about you guys sometimes.
Very well put Vinny. I totally agree. RB's can be found at a good prices. Sage is a decent QB and has gotten the Texans out of some jams. O. Daniels has made some mistakes but hopefully they are correctable.
Old 12-26-2007   #24
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 82785 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam View Post
One bad game and he "doesn't have it"? Hell, you'd think Schaub had started the game with people thinking that. To believe that Sage is lacking, despite having played good games against three great pass defenses, because of one poor outing against another good defense is absurd. I personally think the entire Rosenfels vs. Schaub argument is dumb, both have given the team virtually the same thing. One is just underpaid and underappreciated.

Actually, my opinion about him hasn't changed the beginning of the season. He has 3 wins against average to bad teams. Good games? Great pass defenses? Tampa has the best of the lot. Denver has a bad pass defense despite the two stars lining up in the backfield. Tenn is average maybe a little above. Its not like he was Manningesque against the 86 Bears. The Sage vs Schaub argument is dumb. We've seen what Sage is. He won't win superbowls. We haven't seen what Schaub is, other than his potential. Throwing off target will keep you from being able to run after the catch... throwing high and behind deep in the middle of the field... that will become interceptions.

You act as though this is the secondary we were planning to have since week one. We are basically operating on makeshift players as a result of our injuries. To complain about our lack of secondary is without purpose, considering that the only people who started last week who will probably be returning to the starting line-up next season are Will Demps and Fred Bennett.

You act like the guys we have in the secondary aren't better than the ones there week one. Drob may/probably (you pick the likelyhood) not be back next year and certainly not at full strength. Our secondary we had day one was MUCH worse than who we've got back there now. Demps is nice. I like him. But as a coverage guy... I'm luke warm on him. Especially if you don't have alot of speed at the cb positions. Fred is fast, Drob WAS fast but you don't know what you're going to get.

No, Daniels is just a putz. He's always fumbling and dropping passes. The man is an endless loop of bloopers. The sad part is that he is the best TE we have.

Always? 96 receptions 3 fumbles lost 4 total. 3 of those came in a 3 week span. Wasn't that just after he broke his nose? Ever watch a game?

replied to in bold

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007   #25
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 82785 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
a few points...

we aren't getting Turner...nor do we need to overpay for a rb when so many good backs come out in each draft

Sage is an excellent back up QB. Donno why you guys want to trash a solid reserve...it's hard to win in this league if you don't have depth. Lots of things to talk down about on this team but Sage isn't one of them

speaking of that....Daniels is a fine TE...may not be in the elite group but he is in the second tier of TE's in the NFL....He's a young player that catches well, runs good routes but makes a few young player mistakes in his soph year....donno about you guys sometimes.
I know we don't have TONS of cap space. I do think that there are alot of backs available which keep Turner from getting the kind of money he may want. I also like the idea, as I've said before, of bringing in a guy who's watched the best in the business prepare.

Vinny I think Sage is a very good backup. I think he could start for several teams, but none with serious playoff/championship aspirations.

Agree on Daniels

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007   #26
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

I think the bashing on Owen Daniels is ridiculous.

He works hard every game, and he catches almost anything thrown to him. The guy breaks his nose for ya'll and you call him a "putz"? He has a lot of potential, and from what I've heard from some of my friends who live in other cities, people think he might become one of the top TE's in the game.

Just an off year in TD production. Maybe he and Schaub/Rosenfels can work with him in the offseason to help bring those numbers up. Or hell, they could at least look at the guy in the red zone.

The fumbles were a fluke. Easy fix in the offseason.
Old 12-26-2007   #27
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

I've seen OD called butterfingers and a putz in the last week so my thoughts are: Oh My God......

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read