Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-23-2007   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Matt Stevens...........tragedy On 2 Wheels

I know that this thread will probably be moved to another section, but I thought that this was the right section to bring the most attention to a little-known tragic outcome to an often fan-denegraded young man.

It's ashame that he lived his life with wreckless abandon, something that would have best been left on a football field............I pray that not all of his dreams be wrecked with his unfortunate accident.

Quote:
Former Texans safety Matt Stevens remembers nothing of the day that left him paralyzed from the chest down. There are still times it all seems like a dream.

Police estimate he was doing 130 mph when his motorcycle left a road in eastern Tennessee that day last March. A metal pole holding a speed-limit sign was severed.

"Just me being stupid," Stevens said.
For the entire heart-wrenching article
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007   #2
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 61262 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Matt Stevens...........tragedy On 2 Wheels

Not an outcome I would wish upon anyone.

Best Wishes to Matt Stevens.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007   #3
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Thanks for posting this. After Steve McKinney mentioned it on the radio a few weeks ago, I hoped we'd find out more news about this.

I'm glad Justice cleared up the timeline too, because the only media mention of it on the web made it sound like it just happened pretty recently. It was almost a year ago, like McKinney said.

I hope for the best possible recovery for Matt. I can't imagine what this like for him. Best wishes for him and his family....
Old 12-23-2007   #4
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 85740 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm a big Matt the football player basher - he was just plain horrible. However I wish Matt the person best. Terrible story to hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007   #5
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
I'm a big Matt the football player basher - he was just plain horrible. However I wish Matt the person best. Terrible story to hear.
I totally agree.
Old 12-23-2007   #6
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1297 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

he was horrendous on the field, but man, my prayers are with him.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007   #7
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Well said C-N-D
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-23-2007   #8
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7237 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

A reality check to all us football fans. It's just a game.

We scream and yell at our tv screens and rant about a player who "sucks" and "get him out of here" and "I hate that guy", etc. But it's just a game. What happened to Matt is real.

I'm betting he'll be one of those guys who won't let this ruin his life. Maybe we'll see a cure for paraplegia in our lifetime. That would be awesome. Best wishes to one of the original Texans.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007   #9
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7237 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 281 View Post
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

-Ben Franklin
I've seen that quote a thousand times and it's usually attributed to Einstein. I get the feeling it's one of those mythical quotes that really sprang from nowhere special and keeps getting attributed to someone famous. That's a quote you often hear at AA. (Not that I would know anything about that. )

I found a website, brainyquotes.com, that attributes that quote to BOTH Franklin AND Einstein. Someone isn't proofreading at that site...

Franklin http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...nfr109067.html

Einstein http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...ins133991.html
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007   #10
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

It would be cool if the Texans and/or us fans could start some sort of collection, be it money, flowers, cards, etc... and send them to Matt Stevens

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007   #11
Lucky

Rep Power: 100513 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
I'm a big Matt the football player basher - he was just plain horrible.
I always blamed Caserly and Capers for Stevens being on the field. Not Matt. You could see that Stevens knew where to go on the field. It's just that his body couldn't take him there. Now this? Tragic. Sad. I don't know what else to say.
Old 12-24-2007   #12
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 87098 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't think much of him as a player either, but I think I remember this guy went to visit a kid that was paralyzed playing football in Houston. This is sad, I wish him the best.
Old 12-24-2007   #13
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1297 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
I've seen that quote a thousand times and it's usually attributed to Einstein. I get the feeling it's one of those mythical quotes that really sprang from nowhere special and keeps getting attributed to someone famous. That's a quote you often hear at AA. (Not that I would know anything about that. )

I found a website, brainyquotes.com, that attributes that quote to BOTH Franklin AND Einstein. Someone isn't proofreading at that site...

Franklin http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...nfr109067.html

Einstein http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...ins133991.html
shoot, i guess i'll never know? haha. either way, it's a great quote.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007   #14
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 374 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

This is such a horrible story.

To go from the NFL to a wheelchair.

He sounds brave and determined to make the most of this. All my prayers to you Matt. God bless.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read