Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-18-2007   #21
Ckw

Default Re: Mario is still # 2 in the NFL in sacks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
this is the part that irritated everyone...

The three posts in front of you made no reference to multiple pro-bowls, etc. They made reference ONLY to hoping Mario could get the sack lead THIS season. That doesn't sound "presumptuous", only hopeful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Kerney didn't register any sacks this week so Mario is 1/2 sack behind Kerney with 2 games to play. Here's to Super Mario ending the season as this season's NFL sack king!!!

Read the bold. That was presumptuous. Do I think Mario can do it? As I've said, yes.

Oh and just so this doesn't go any longer, I recognize Joker is really saying he is hopeful. But I just have this thing with saying things before they happen. They tend to not always work out like you think or hope.

Last edited by Ckw; 12-18-2007 at 11:11 PM.
Old 12-18-2007   #22
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Just don't get your hopes high about Mario getting a Sack against Manning.

Manning aware of everything at all times it seems, if Mario gets a sack it will not be Manning's fault I am sure of that. Not only that he will throw the ball out of bounds, he won't force many passes. Manning's whole thing is and he's said this "Nothing good EVER comes from sacks." so he's going to do everything to avoid it.

Not only that the secondary has to play well or else any dreams of Mario getting a sack will be dashed. Because any open guy will be hit...I know most of you know how good he is...i'm just saying...I really don't expect Mario to sack Peyton, I don't expect anyone to sack Peyton really.

I mean he gets sacked sure...its just so rare.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007   #23
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 93773 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Man I don't know what the deal is because you guys certainly did not get the point of my post. As I said, I believe if he keeps doing what he has been doing, he would become quite possibly the greatest ever at his position. I never downgraded his performance. I never said he got lucky or that there was simply poor pass protection. It was a dominating performance. But some posts have contained quotes about the greatness in Mario's future and the numerous pro bowls, etc. All I care about is that the man does not get too high on himself. If he does, it could send him right back to where he came from: mediocre land. I want more from Mario. I want Super Bowls from Mario and numerous Pro Bowls.
Man. Is it that bad to be confused with me? You sure got defensive pretty quick.

For the record I agree with you. And this is from someone who was pulling the Mario bandwagon when it was merely a rickshaw a month before the draft. He's got a nice few games going but when we were looking at drafting him the one negative was he plays in spurts. I want to see that he has the fire burning all season.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007   #24
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
Man. Is it that bad to be confused with me? You sure got defensive pretty quick.

For the record I agree with you. And this is from someone who was pulling the Mario bandwagon when it was merely a rickshaw a month before the draft. He's got a nice few games going but when we were looking at drafting him the one negative was he plays in spurts. I want to see that he has the fire burning all season.

Mike
If he does as you think you like to see him working it, would he be out of this world?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007   #25
Ckw

Quote:

Mike
Right on man. I just want to see more from Mario.

Oh and it had nothing to do with the comparison to you. I was just trying to make sure everyone got the idea that I wasn't trying to rain on their parade or anything. Just trying to be realistic and not pump myself up about Mario too much just yet.
Old 12-19-2007   #26
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Right on man. I just want to see more from Mario.

Oh and it had nothing to do with the comparison to you. I was just trying to make sure everyone got the idea that I wasn't trying to rain on their parade or anything. Just trying to be realistic and not pump myself up about Mario too much just yet.
I hope y'all understood it was a joke, mostly from when I talked to Mike at the tailgate last Thursday. I kid but I understand the post and that you want a bit of realism with your fanatism.
Old 12-23-2007   #27
Hook'er
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 Hook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden cover

Did Mario get any sacks today? The only one I saw was the one that got taken away. (after the late hit by TJ?)
Old 12-23-2007   #28
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

mario still shows a sack on nfl.com

I haven't seen vandenbosch from titans (got 3 more today) so not sure where he ranks but he has been tearing it up lately
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007   #29
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31977 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario is #1 with 14. Jared allen is 2 with 13.5.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007   #30
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

leading the league in sacks after week 16 and not in the Pro Bowl, eh.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007   #31
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 144801 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook'er View Post
Did Mario get any sacks today? The only one I saw was the one that got taken away. (after the late hit by TJ?)
It wasn't taken away, TJ's penalty is considered post-sack.
Old 12-23-2007   #32
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Mario 1/2 sack back with Jax ahead

Mario is 1.2 sack back with Garrard and the Jags at home, We need to start the game with M A R I O and finish with M A R I O. We aint got nothing to lose so lets kick the cat GO MARIO
Old 12-23-2007   #33
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 248675 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mario 1/2 sack back with Jax ahead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
Mario is 1.2 sack back with Garrard and the Jags at home, We need to start the game with M A R I O and finish with M A R I O. We aint got nothing to lose so lets kick the cat GO MARIO
I recall some folks saying they'd be satisfied if Mario got ten sacks.

Next week will be interesting. I wonder how many starters Del Rio will sit since they don't have the advantage of a bye week to let folks heal.
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007   #34
austintexanite
All Pro

Well, the Seahawks play the Falcons and they already clinched. How much time will Kerney play? 1 half?
Old 12-23-2007   #35
austintexanite
All Pro

He's 2nd at the moment, Kerney got one as well. still leads the AFC.
Old 12-23-2007   #36
Hook'er
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 Hook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
It wasn't taken away, TJ's penalty is considered post-sack.
Cool, I sure hope MW gets the sack title this year!
Old 12-23-2007   #37
Hook'er
Veteran

I sure hope we can stop the run better than today or Mario may not have very many chances to get a a sack!
Old 12-23-2007   #38
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook'er View Post
The penalty was after the play so the sack should still stand.
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007   #39
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario still 1/2 sack back.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/player
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007   #40
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 93773 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
I hope y'all understood it was a joke, mostly from when I talked to Mike at the tailgate last Thursday. I kid but I understand the post and that you want a bit of realism with your fanatism.
Yeah I knew you were joking man. I was just trying to carry it on. - is now my designated joking smiley.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read