Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2007   #621
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 263584 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans @ Colts Gameday Thread

Guess I didn't miss a whole lot today. From what I read on NFL.com, it's a typical Texan game. We score first, then the other team scores a bunch of TDs on us.

I do have a question, I saw in the stats where Mario got another sack. Did he knock Manning down good? Just wondering.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007   #622
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
The Colts are playing without 5 of their starters. NO excuse for such poor play. JMO! This is typical Kubiak inappitude coaching. Our guys do not seem to be prepared, and once again, we are being out coached. For those who want baby Shanahan as our next OC, better think twice. I'm getting sick and tired of coaches using the TEXANS as a "learning" experience. FOR GAWDS sake, give us ONE FRIGGIN coach who knows what the hell he is doing!!!!
Kubiak had nothing to do with this loss. We played against one of the best teams in the league in their house with our backup QB starting. This game was a reality check. We can beat bad teams and mediocre teams when we are playing our best, but with our injuries we aren't talented enough to play with the big boys yet.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007   #623
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Well he turned me into a newt.

A Newt?
What exactly is a newt? What exactly was the point of your post?
Old 12-23-2007   #624
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I do have a question, I saw in the stats where Mario got another sack. Did he knock Manning down good? Just wondering.
It was ok. He came around from Manning's blind side and knocked into him. Wasn't anything big. Then TJ fell on top of Manning and they called unnecessary toughness for 15 yds. So it really ruined the moment.
Old 12-23-2007   #625
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
What exactly is a newt? What exactly was the point of your post?
I don't know if you've noticed, but he is clearly going for quantity instead of quality with his posts.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007   #626
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

mario had a decent game today, got some good pressure... manning is just really, really good at getting rid of the ball.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007   #627
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
I don't know if you've noticed, but he is clearly going for quantity instead of quality with his posts.
Hadn't noticed but thanks for clarifying. I was extremely puzzled.
Old 12-23-2007   #628
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 225723 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
Kubiak had nothing to do with this loss. We played against one of the best teams in the league in their house with our backup QB starting. This game was a reality check. We can beat bad teams and mediocre teams when we are playing our best, but with our injuries we aren't talented enough to play with the big boys yet.
Exactly.

We're pulling ourselves out of the mud, but we've a ways to go before we can shut down the likes of Manning or Brady. Some of y'all need to face reality.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007   #629
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

good posts guys^^

let the overreacters react... we got beat bad by a great team playing very well and we didnt play very well at all..bad days happen- the growing pains arent finished yet obviously
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007   #630
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 281 View Post
mario had a decent game today, got some good pressure... manning is just really, really good at getting rid of the ball.
Not really. He stunk as bad as the rest of them against the run. He could pressure the QB all day long, but it doesn't mean diddly if the next run play goes for 15 yards.

We were horrible. They didn't show up to play.
Old 12-23-2007   #631
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Guess I didn't miss a whole lot today. From what I read on NFL.com, it's a typical Texan game. We score first, then the other team scores a bunch of TDs on us.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?season...&game_id=29425

1 min into it...a quality sack. beat a double-team (ragdolled the first guy and spun around the second before the bs call)
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007   #632
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

OH Well......... I didn't get to watch much of the game today, but it looks like we didn't show up today!

Come on 8-8!
Old 12-23-2007   #633
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 251959 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

You know, on days like today I think we should change the thread title to something else. It's hard to call what we saw today a "game" so "Gameday Thread" just doesn't work for me. We didn't really make much of a game of it.

Maybe we should call it "Texans at Colts Sacrificial Lamb Thread" or something.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read