Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-20-2007   #61
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mario named AFC Defensive Player of the Week

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
ok so now we are on if it it is a good person or stat person.. I think AJ should be there

bottom line is popularity contest
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007   #62
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
ok so now we are on if it it is a good person or stat person.. I think AJ should be there

bottom line is popularity contest
How can you say its a popularity contest when the fans didn't even come close to voting him in? Jason Taylor is the only guy who doesn't really deserve to go. No one on a winless team deserves any accolades; the Fins were still winless when voting ended.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007   #63
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
shouldn't it be considered on a full season? we can nitpick all day long on stats

Mario has played well for the last 4 weeks statwise
It should be over a full season, but unfortunately, voting starts too early and ends too soon, so the previous season has to be taken into consideration.
Old 12-21-2007   #64
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Mario didn't deserve to go until Schobel and co. already had a couple votes. After the Carolina game, he dropped off and he was inconsistent until around week 11 or so. Schobel, on the other hand, has been snubbed before and the players and coaches finally decided to let him in. Veterans always get in before young players.
Sorry, but totally disagree with you on that!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007   #65
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How can you say its a popularity contest when the fans didn't even come close to voting him in?
It is still a popularity contest regardless of how the fans voted. Are you assuming that coaches and players vote strictly on the players that they believe had the best performance? They couldn't possibly vote based on their personal biases or the name recognition of the players on which they vote. No, only fans would do that. Get real, man.

Quote:
It should be over a full season, but unfortunately, voting starts too early and ends too soon, so the previous season has to be taken into consideration.
Voting shouldn't start until after the entire Week 1 games are over and shouldn't finish until after all of the Week 17 games are over.

I guess I never realized before that the ProBowl selections were made before the season was over. Now that I do, I really think it is a joke. I hope that the Commissioner changes that. I also, like his other idea of moving the ProBowl to the SuperBowl City and having it played on the Sunday before the SuperBowl as a sort of Kickoff to the SuperBowl Week.
Old 12-21-2007   #66
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
It is still a popularity contest regardless of how the fans voted. Are you assuming that coaches and players vote strictly on the players that they believe had the best performance? They couldn't possibly vote based on their personal biases or the name recognition of the players on which they vote. No, only fans would do that. Get real, man.
So you're saying that the players and coaches voted on Schobel strictly because they liked him more? His status as a veteran had a lot to do with it. Veterans will ALWAYS get in before a young player.

Quote:
Voting shouldn't start until after the entire Week 1 games are over and shouldn't finish until after all of the Week 17 games are over.

I guess I never realized before that the ProBowl selections were made before the season was over. Now that I do, I really think it is a joke. I hope that the Commissioner changes that. I also, like his other idea of moving the ProBowl to the SuperBowl City and having it played on the Sunday before the SuperBowl as a sort of Kickoff to the SuperBowl Week.
If I had my way, I would move voting from week 12 to week 17. If voting starts too early, popular players have an advantage because no one else has proven themselves to be Pro Bowl worthy yet.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read