Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Platinum & Blue Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2007   #81
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default Re: Blue Crew: Texas Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Whatever games happen in your marital bed have no place in this thread
Lauren has to be over 40 years old to be classified as a "cougar".
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007   #82
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Blue Crew: Texas Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
Lauren has to be over 40 years old to be classified as a "cougar".
LOL, rep. She's not a member of www.urbancougar.com?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007   #83
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LOL, rep. She's not a member of www.urbancougar.com?
Thanks for the link
Old 12-18-2007   #84
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Gotta love 'em Cougars!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007   #85
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1257 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
David,

I went to Fan Attic Memorial city, no U of H flags. I need to try the UC at school, maybe they're cheaper than the college store.

Cool - let me know what you find out. I really want to get a flag or banner since I'll be in the front row. Might make a sign too....

BTW - I sent you a PM.
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007   #86
smysinger
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to smysinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by retxaB View Post
We got there late, but made up for it once we got there. We stumbled in...
Yeah because my friends would not get their butts in gear to go to the game. That is why none of them are going this year. I have a half day of work on friday, so i will definatly be there to tailgate this year.
All glasses off the table!
smysinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007   #87
smysinger
Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to smysinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by retxaB View Post
apprently Yankee is in it for the money...But if UH is playing the bowl game, game on
I am still wearing UHCL stuff. TCU is grey and purple, so i am allowed
All glasses off the table!
smysinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007   #88
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120415 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Gotta love 'em Cougars!
In baseball, basketball, track and swimming yes. Football? I do a happy dance every time the lose a bowl game. Tony Fitzpatrick wouldn't even let me try OUT for the team. I wouldn't have made it to the squad, but I should have AT LEAST been given the opportunity to fail on my own.

UH c/o 1998
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007   #89
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head-001 View Post
In baseball, basketball, track and swimming yes. Football? I do a happy dance every time the lose a bowl game. Tony Fitzpatrick wouldn't even let me try OUT for the team. I wouldn't have made it to the squad, but I should have AT LEAST been given the opportunity to fail on my own.

UH c/o 1998
You can go back for a try-out next year!
Let's see if Tony remembers you.
Old 12-19-2007   #90
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120415 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You can go back for a try-out next year!
Let's see if Tony remembers you.
Oh that was mean...FUNNY but mean. I'm 112 years old NOW! I'm sure Fitz remembers me. After he wouldn't let me try out for the team (in violation of NCAA regs) I starting writing a column in the Daily Cougar and gave him a hard time whenever I saw him. Besides I put a curse on UH football to never win a bowl game in my lifetime. The Dread-head curse has been in effect since my graduation. But again it doesn't apply to the basketball, swimming, baseball, soccer, track, golf or softball teams.
Someone else must have put a curse on the basketball team. I don't know what's wrong with THOSE guys!
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Old 12-19-2007   #91
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Oh that was mean...FUNNY but mean. I'm 112 years old NOW! I'm sure Fitz remembers me. After he wouldn't let me try out for the team (in violation of NCAA regs) I starting writing a column in the Daily Cougar and gave him a hard time whenever I saw him. Besides I put a curse on UH football to never win a bowl game in my lifetime. The Dread-head curse has been in effect since my graduation. But again it doesn't apply to the basketball, swimming, baseball, soccer, track, golf or softball teams.
Someone else must have put a curse on the basketball team. I don't know what's wrong with THOSE guys!
All you have to do is show up at the try-out.
Nobody says you have to finish it!

I hope there's a 20-yr limitation to your curse.
Old 12-19-2007   #92
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
All you have to do is show up at the try-out.
Nobody says you have to finish it!

I hope there's a 20-yr limitation to your curse.
The man refused to time me...for the 40. Like I said, more than likely I probably wasn't going to make the team, but he didn't even give me a chance. I have nothing but contempt for the man. How do you feel about the people who took a whiz on YOUR childhood dreams?
Old 12-19-2007   #93
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
The man refused to time me...for the 40. Like I said, more than likely I probably wasn't going to make the team, but he didn't even give me a chance. I have nothing but contempt for the man. How do you feel about the people who took a whiz on YOUR childhood dreams?
Challenge him to run a 40.
If he doesn't accept the challenge, he loses!

Childhood dream or fantasy?
Well, you did say you'd probably won't cut it.

All kidding aside, we know what he did was wrong.
So let it out and let it go. You'll feel better (I hope)!
Old 12-20-2007   #94
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Challenge him to run a 40.
If he doesn't accept the challenge, he loses!

Childhood dream or fantasy?
Well, you did say you'd probably won't cut it.

All kidding aside, we know what he did was wrong.
So let it out and let it go. You'll feel better (I hope)!
My dream was to play college football. I had no delusions of making it to the pros and realistically I probably wouldn't have made it. If I HAD made it I probably would have been a 3rd stringer and wouldn't have made it onto the field unless we were ahead by 100 points. I just wanted to be able to look back at my college experience and tell my children that I was on my college team. That's all.
Had I run the 40 and NOT made it, I would have been able to say I tried and my own ability (or lack thereof) was the reason I didn't make it. I can't say that. Thanks for the suggestion. It's duly noted, but no. I was the one whose dream was pissed on by a guy who played in the USFL for 20 minutes and couldn't cut it in the NFL. It's my grudge and as is my right...I'm keeping it. Thanks for understanding.
Old 12-20-2007   #95
76Texan
Hall of Fame

I'll keep trying!
Old 12-20-2007   #96
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I'll keep trying!
I respect your tenacity.
Old 12-20-2007   #97
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Talking Re: Blue Crew: Texas Bowl

I'm no preacher, but I think you can put a positive spin on your story to tell the grandchildren!

There's nothing wrong with an old senile guy making a fool of himself for the betterment of the youngs!
Old 12-20-2007   #98
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm no preacher, but I think you can put a positive spin on your story to tell the grandchildren!

There's nothing wrong with an old senile guy making a fool of himself for the betterment of the youngs!

I'm an OLD semi senile GAL who makes a fool of herself every gameday!! Kids don't like it, that's tough!! BUT, they all love that side of their grandma! HOPEFULLY, it will spin some great tales for them to tell their kids about their crazy old MawMaw!! Lesson taught to all my grandkids!! FOOTBALL RULES in the game of sports!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007   #99
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
I'm an OLD semi senile GAL who makes a fool of herself every gameday!! Kids don't like it, that's tough!! BUT, they all love that side of their grandma! HOPEFULLY, it will spin some great tales for them to tell their kids about their crazy old MawMaw!! Lesson taught to all my grandkids!! FOOTBALL RULES in the game of sports!!!
You my kind of gal.
Old 12-24-2007   #100
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Blue Crew: Texas Bowl

Just a general FYI:

Quote:
The day before the Texas Bowl, we are having a Cougar Football Pep
Rally/Meet & Greet at the Hyatt Regency - located downtown at 1200 Louisiana
St. - at 5 p.m. Come out to cheer on your Coogs and pick up a free 2007
Texas Bowl commemorative poster. Complimentary snacks and a cash bar will
be available.

Before going into the game on the 28th, stop by the "Cougar Spirit Zone" in
the Blue Lot of Reliant Stadium for a FREE tailgate beginning at 2 p.m.
"Cougar Wraps" and gumbo will be provided and beverages will be available
for purchase. It's going to be a great time for all UH students, alumni and
fans!
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate > Platinum & Blue Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read