Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-09-2007   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 107142 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Sacks:Congrats AO and possibly soon MW

Okoye with his 5.5 sacks has now taken the franchise rookie record away from Mario(4.5 last season)

Mario has our sacks in a season record with 9.5

well if memory serves me Wong retired with 15 sacks as the Texans All-time leader

Mario is 1 away from tying Wong for the all-time lead

I can't find an updated version of this .pdf file of Texans record exept from a year or so ago
http://www.houstontexans.com/wpimage...cords_2005.pdf

sacks are on 19/45 of the pages

Granted the records aren't much on an NFL level but as a Texan level and with the youth of Demeco,Williams,Okoye ... good times hopefully ahead

Last edited by Wolf; 12-09-2007 at 08:29 PM.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #2
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sacks:Congrats AO and possibly soon MW

I think Okoye has 5.5 sacks right now.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #3
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 107142 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I think Okoye has 5.5 sacks right now.
good call, I was looking at Texan website and they haven't adjusted it yet
Old 12-09-2007   #4
SA Texan
Veteran

It's going to be a lot of fun watching those two play together for many years. I really like the core of the defense and like the fact they are going to be growing up in the league together.
SA Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #5
Wolf
100% Texan

Mario shattered the record for season and now game and I know is on the list for consecutive, but not sure how far up)
Quote:
Season

8 Jeff Posey, 2002
6.5 Gary Walker, 2002
5.5 Jamie Sharper, 2002
Kailee Wong, 2002
Kailee Wong, 2004
4 Kailee Wong, 2003 Jamie Sharper, 2003
Jason Babin, 2004

Game

2 Jeff Posey, 9/22/02 vs. Indianapolis
Kailee Wong, 10/27/02 at Jacksonville
Jamie Sharper, 11/17/02 vs. Jacksonville
Jamie Sharper, 12/08/02 at Pittsburgh
Dunta Robinson, 12/12/04 vs. Indianapolis
Game, Opponent
3 Five times, last by Dwight Freeney, 12/12/04 vs. Indianapolis
2 19 times, last by Ebenezer Ekuban and Alvin McKinley, 1/2/05 vs. Cleveland

MOST CONSECUTIVE GAMES WITH A SACK

4 Jeff Posey (9/15/02 through 10/13/02)
3 Jamie Sharper (11/16/03 through 11/30/03) Kailee Wong (9/12/04 through 9/26/04)
2 Gary Walker (9/08/02 through 9/15/02) Jamie Sharper (9/22/02 through 9/29/02)
Gary Walker (10/13/02 through 10/20/02)
Jeff Posey (11/17/02 through 11/24/02) Jay Foreman (9/7/03 through 9/14/03) Shantee Orr (11/16/03 through 11/23/03)
Seth Payne (11/7/04 through 11/14/04)
and I still can't find an updated version of this to account for last season

Last edited by Wolf; 12-14-2007 at 10:29 AM.
Old 12-14-2007   #6
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80254 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Akoye has hit that rookie wall . . hard.

When he conditions his body for the long NFL season, the Mario/Amobi combo is going to be downright frightening.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #7
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5772 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

While AO's numbers might not have been high last night, I did focus on him for about 10 plays on different posessions and saw him in control. He had multiple pressures, and he changed the direction of a couple plays. He might be hitting a wall, but I also think teams are scheming on him a little differently now as well. Now, the other plays when I wasn't keying on him might have been differnet, but the 1/2 sack that Mario got had a lot of AO on it as well. Heck, the whole DL had a great night last night save the long one that Selvin broke off.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-14-2007   #8
Wolf
100% Texan

http://www.nfl.com/players/mariowill...s?id=WIL431243
according to NFL.com

Mario has the record of consecutive games also

5 games in a row.

has a sack in 6 out of 7 games in a row.. nice

not getting just sacks but getting multiple tackles(at least 3 in a game)

really making noise out there

Old 12-14-2007   #9
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5772 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

When he gets the spin move down, he is going to be lethal. I saw him speed rush a couple time and then try to spin but found himself not planting before the spin and just spun straight forward into the defender. But man his spin is a quick one and will have his opponents looking like they are in Pop Warner soon enough.
Old 12-14-2007   #10
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookinreds View Post
When he gets the spin move down, he is going to be lethal. I saw him speed rush a couple time and then try to spin but found himself not planting before the spin and just spun straight forward into the defender. But man his spin is a quick one and will have his opponents looking like they are in Pop Warner soon enough.
I dunno, I'm not defensive line coach and I don't play one on T.V. However, I think Mario is strong enough and has the guns to learn Reggie White's hump move. If it was me, I'd get every Reggie White play on tape I could get a hold of and have him work on it this off season. That move, the hump move, would make him unstopble.
Old 12-14-2007   #11
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
I dunno, I'm not defensive line coach and I don't play one on T.V. However, I think Mario is strong enough and has the guns to learn Reggie White's hump move. If it was me, I'd get every Reggie White play on tape I could get a hold of and have him work on it this off season. That move, the hump move, would make him unstopble.
Your are absolutely right, he has the speed, balance and strength to be a terror. Both techniques revolve around balance and timing. This is what makes Freeney so effective. I think Mario can be as good or better than Freeney on his own move. Freeney likes to line up with an outside pass rush and then spin right back into the QB as the OT shifts his weight to the outside, same thing your talking about with White's hump move only without the spin. White was so good at changing up his technique during every series that the OT was just out there guessing. It's an awesome site to watch a dominating lineman go to work.
Old 12-14-2007   #12
Wolf
100% Texan

hopefully he can okoye can get consistant
Old 12-14-2007   #13
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 93152 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

On Okoye, 6 sacks from a rookie DT is a huge effort. If he shows the same improvement Mario has shown from year one to year two he is going to be scary!!
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #14
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

okoye is playing pretty well imo despite a lack of sacks.. i think the wall is being overtalked-- hes not as good as earlier in the season but hes still making an impact
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007   #15
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
On Okoye, 6 sacks from a rookie DT is a huge effort. If he shows the same improvement Mario has shown from year one to year two he is going to be scary!!
true, we need the rest of the d-line to get a few sacks also

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read