Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-15-2007   #21
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Has you ever been more happy as a Texans fan?

I'm very pleased with the Texans season, and will be even if they finish with a
7-9 record, which is entirely possible though we've got a descent shot at 8-8.
Finishing at .500 with our best record ever would be valuable symbolism and
momentum for the future.
I was very critical of Kubiak earlier in the year, but the D-Rob season-ending
injury was the final straw, so to speak, that left me with the belief that Kubiak really needs a pass on this season due to the staggering number of injuries to many of his best players. And yet despite those injuries and little incentive realistic speaking for the playoffs, Kubiak has the team competing at a high-level.
He and his staff have done a tremendous job IMO. Congrats coach Kubiak !
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007   #22
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans leads the league with people on IR and turnovers.
Yet somehow The Texans are 7-7 with a mathematical shot at the playoffs.This year 2ND and 3RD string players are adding depth to the team and learning They can win without all the starters!
Yes I am pretty hyped for the 08 season ! I still want to check the strength and conditioning coaches. Address Oline,Outside LB ,Running back and Secondary concerns.
Old 12-15-2007   #23
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think that even though they probably can't make the playoffs , they are playing for history . This team has never been 500 and it's well within their reach .

Will it be easy , heck no the Colts and Jags are good teams . So if the go 9-7 or 8-8 it'll be that much sweeter .
Old 12-15-2007   #24
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42948 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

I am happy with the Texans progress, it was a rocky middle of the season but they have hung in there.

The best thing to come out of all of this is that with the Texans playing hard and looking like a real football team it should make it easier to attract decent FA without taking out a second loan on Reliant stadium.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007   #25
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47761 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

you (voice of reason) are killing my buzz

can't we just enjoy the afterglow of a mesmerizing dismantling of the motherland (Denver Bronco) ship (Kubiak mentor- Shanahan)

nobody expects us to beat Indy @ home (except me I guess) but if the Texans prove themselves worthy to still be competing for a playoff spot come the following Sunday, my guess is bandwagoners will be jumping on the ship for the Jaguar game faster than Mario Williams off of Vince Young/Reggie Bush
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007   #26
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJen View Post
Yes, this is the happiest. While the Cowboys and Colts wins were great, they seemed to be isolated events. I'm happy NOW because I see things finally gelling on this team. I don't know if we've turned the proverbial corner, but I can see a trending towards success. This bodes well for next season.
This pretty much sums up my feelings, as well.

We are seeing a team that is believing in itself and buying into the head coach and the system. They are overcoming injuries with players stepping off of the bench, which is a sign if heart. They are overcoming stupid mistakes, a sign that our young players recognize their weaknesses and are maturing. We are seeing leaders develop in AJ, DeMeco, and Mario.

And how about Mario!! All the flak we took as Texans fans the past two seasons is now paying off! He's showing the country that his potential is being realized, and I can't wait to see our line a year from now as these guys form the nucleus of a dominating defense.

We actually have depth at WR, with Walter and Davis both showing that they are viable no. 2 WRs. Owen Daniels looks like the making of a solid TE, and once he consitently holds on to the ball, a TE like him is a serious threat. And our QBs...what can I say, I believe in both of them!

We've got a lot of glaring weaknesses, but we've known that all along this season. But I am impressed that these guys never quit trying, never give in to a defeatist attitude, and it's showing. That's all I can ask as a fan, that we have guys who fight for every yard and who shrug off mistakes only to excel because of them. I actually have hope restored for our future, which is not something I've felt many times in the past 6 seasons.

Old 12-15-2007   #27
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69969 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
I have to admit, that game last night was the most fun I had at any Texans game live (although admittedly I only go to 1 or 2 a year because im a broke college kid and I didn't attend the Cowboys game or the Colts game last year).
At least you won't have to spend money chasing ladies this off season. You should be able to save up money and go to an extra game or two!!!.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007   #28
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3989 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
At least you won't have to spend money chasing ladies this off season. You should be able to save up money and go to an extra game or two!!!.

Mike
You could also consider buying a book on grammar.
Old 12-15-2007   #29
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I am very happy due to results, growth at the individual, unit and team level, player personnel management and cap management. What is not to like at the moment and for next year's possibilities?
Old 12-15-2007   #30
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

I've never been this happy in an entire season.

However, I was happier directly after the 19-10 and the Christmas Eve game.
Old 12-15-2007   #31
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a dream:

It's called "Our 'backup QB' throws 5 TDs in Indianapolis to outscore Peyton Manning, who is more concerned about the Mario Williams-like growth around his waist."

Headlines: Top 5 QBs in the NFL include the Texans' backup.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007   #32
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Re: Has you ever been more happy as a Texans fan?

Well the game was one of the games I thought we could win so I can't say I was too suprised. I was just a little suprised at how well we were able to beat them.

Its one thing to know what a team is going to do - you still have to go out there and stop them. It was obvious what the big change was on defense - we went with more man coverage - and WOW what a difference it made.

Regardless of what the record is at the end of the season - I think they can win both games for the record - anyone that can't see the progress this team has made is acting naive and stubborn.

Another solid draft and free agency and we'll be much more improved - and of course there are those people we have on IR - Charles Spencer and Chris Taylor.

As for Mario - you could see the progress from last year before this game - he sure picked the right time for his best game so far.

The future looks bright for our D.
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007   #33
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

#1 for me will always be 19-10 until we make the playoffs. That was just a great, great night in the history of Houston sports.

Maybe it's because it's still so close, but right now Mario having his name chanted by the fans and him having that great game to stick it all up his critics' collective *sses is #2.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007   #34
austintexanite
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
I dunno... 19-10 was better IMO.
I think beating the Cowboys is 1b and the record that we have right now is 1a. Honestly, I am extremely happy that we are finally getting some respect around the league. Not just from our division, but the NFL has been on notice after the performance on Thursday. Last night I feel asleep to sports radio, and Chris Mortenson was giving us a lot of praise and telling everyone to watch out for us next year because how well we have played despite leading the NFL in IR players. He also gave a lot of credit to Mario for playing so well and being a true professional. Just felt great.
Old 12-16-2007   #35
corytx8
Veteran

Rep Power: 3622 corytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respectedcorytx8 is a quality contributor and well respected

After following the Texans this season. This season is different from the seasons in the past. This group here is sucking it up and playing some good *** football all season. There was like only 3 games this year we were blown out beyond our reach. But every other game, we won or were oh so close. But everyone has to remember, we played most of this season with the IR full. AJ was out a good part of the season which didn't help the offense, Matt being on and off the field didn't help much either. But I have to say, we had a hellva season with the holes we had. Just think, if we would have taken those two titans game, look where we would have been.

I like where we are right now. I sold on Coach K, hes my guy.
corytx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007   #36
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans can no longer be taken lightly. We have moved from the bottom of the NFL to the middle range of teams. I am very pleased.

The next step, though, will be much harder. I'm looking forward to it.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007   #37
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going to wait until the 2007 season is over to state how I feel about the 2007 season. There are good signs, yes, but going 0-6 in the Division would be a huge disappointment even in the context of all the injuries. You can say that's a testament to the almighty AFC South, but the Titans were very beatable (both times) and will officially be in free fall if they lose again today.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007   #38
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 468 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected

It was a cool game, but not happiest ever.

After the Indy game last year I was ridiculously happy. And when we started 2-0 (and had in essence won the last 5 important games at home including the Cowboys preseason game and the Indy and Cleveland games the year prior), I was really happy.

That's not to say now doesn't feel good either. It does. I just can't say that I'm the happiest ever.
ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read