Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-15-2007   #1
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Mike Shanahan's descendant ascends

Good article on Kyle Shanahan to peruse..

snippet:
On Monday Kubiak addressed the possibility of Kyle succeeding Mike as the Broncos' head coach. Given the elder's competitiveness as well as his coach for life status with owner Pat Bowlen that may not happen. But Mike suspects the day may come when father and son square off against each other again as head coaches.

"That wouldn't surprise me at all" he said.

To reach that plateau, chances are Kyle will have to serve as an offensive coordinator. When another former Broncos assistant, Tim Brewster, went to the University of Minnesota before the start of this season, he offered that job to Shanahan. Kyle declined, not only citing his commitment to Kubiak, but also intimating that such a gig didn't necessarily fit into his long-term plans.

"That would have been a very good situation, but really it wasn't much of a decision to make," Kyle said. "I wanted to stay here, I wanted to be in the NFL. My dad has been in the NFL since I was 4 years old. That's what I've always watched. I enjoy the speed of the game, I enjoy the X's and O's part of it. I like studying ball all year round, too. In college you're spending part of the year recruiting and things like that.

"My thought process every year is, 'What's going to make me the best coach I can be 10 years from now?' My main goal right now isn't just to climb into this business and get promoted I really want to learn football inside and out.

"Promotions will happen, but when they do, I want to make sure I know what I'm doing, that I'm ready for any situation. If that's the case, you really don't have much to worry about in your career. There's turnover and coaches get fired, good coaches and bad coaches. But if you really know ball and you learn it for real inside and out, you're your own insurance. So whatever situation I'm in, I just want to be learning."

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_7697261
Old 12-15-2007   #2
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mike Shanahan's descendant ascends

Good read, thanks!
Old 12-15-2007   #3
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

With Sherman leaving for A&M it leaves a vacancy at Offensive Co-ordinator.... will Shanny Jnr get a look do you think??

He has already gone from WR to QB coach, next logical step is OC isn't it??
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007   #4
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't be surprised to see lil Shanahan at OC. Though I would expect Kubiak to take on a bigger role on offense.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for the article, KT!

I was a little skeptical of the dude at first, as his age and sense of quasi-nepotism hit my cynical side the wrong way.

But I think he's a student of the game, has it in his DNA, and has some great mentors and history to draw from.

If Kubiak says he's qualified for OC, then so be it. In Kubiak I trust.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read