Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-14-2007   #21
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Sage Rosenfels does is win games...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
A lot of this is tied to AJ. We are much better team with him on the field. Sage's two starts and wins were both with AJ in the starting line up. Schaub looked equally good against KC and Carolina when AJ was in.
I agree with what you, but let's not forget about the Oakland game that Sage started. Interestingly, Sage didn't exactly light the world on fire without AJ in that game.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #22
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 16087 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
That guy is a winner I tell you what. He has that "IT" factor that lifts his team up and makes them play better which leads to wins. All of Mario's sacks and every other good play tonight was because of Sage "WINNER" Rosenfels!!!

PS: Does that description above remind you of anyone? Looks like we got someone with "IT" and still got Mario!!!
Tell me if this is wrong, but is this sarcasm? Sorry, I'm a little slow and a lot of the responses seem to be implying that Joker was being serious when he said "All of Mario's sacks and every other good play tonight was because of Sage "WINNER" Rosenfels!!!"....Clarification please?
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007   #23
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 76755 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Against who? . . three mediocre teams that didn't put any pressure on him?

I think I'll wait until after they play the Colts and Jags before I jump off the Schaub bandwagon.
This is an odd statement considering Schaub got hammered by the Jags and attempted a late game come back on the Colts and still lost.

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007   #24
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
I agree with what you, but let's not forget about the Oakland game that Sage started. Interestingly, Sage didn't exactly light the world on fire without AJ in that game.
Did Sage light the world on fire in the game against the Broncos? He started flawless on the first drive, but then went through a long stretch of doing nothing including a turnover, and then made a few good passes while we relied on our running game.

He played well and won the game, but let's not get crazy and think he played an unbelievable game.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007   #25
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Sage has a better throw to the recievers. Schaub throws it high and behind the recievers resulting in a hard to catch easy to intersept ball. You can try to work on that but Sage definitely has a better throw.
Old 12-15-2007   #26
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
Tell me if this is wrong, but is this sarcasm? Sorry, I'm a little slow and a lot of the responses seem to be implying that Joker was being serious when he said "All of Mario's sacks and every other good play tonight was because of Sage "WINNER" Rosenfels!!!"....Clarification please?
I was doing an impersonation of fans of a certain quarterback in Tennessee...
Old 12-15-2007   #27
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro-Texan View Post
I agree. He's a great BACK-UP
And what made Schaub anything more when we traded for him?

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007   #28
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Schaub is a slightly better talent plus he's several years younger than
Sage, but Schaubs durability concerns me a lot ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007   #29
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
Sage has a better throw to the recievers. Schaub throws it high and behind the recievers resulting in a hard to catch easy to intersept ball. You can try to work on that but Sage definitely has a better throw.
Quoted for truth.

How many high floaters has Sage lofted out there? Even the ball Sage threw that was tipped and intercepted was thrown on a straight line to AJ...and don't tell me Schaub's floaters were due to pressure by blitzing defenders--Sage was about to get sacked, had people all over him, and he still STEPPED INTO the throw, the ball was a tight spiral and was on a straight line.

Everything about Schaub, to me, looks cumbersome and slowed down.
Old 12-15-2007   #30
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

I have read and watched the Sage threads the last couple of weeks without commenting. Mainly because I have been disgusted with the back and forth crap that has been posted. I want to go on record with the following:

I have been thrilled to see Sage come in and play so well. Thank God we have him and he has been able to perform and get wins the last couple of games.

But I see absolutely no reason to trash Schaub, just because you like what you have seen from Sage. Can't we be happy with our QB situation? It sure is a heck of a lot better than it was last year. Just because you like one player over another, there is NO REASON to villify the other. They are both Texans and I, for one, am glad to have both of them on the team.
Old 12-15-2007   #31
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
I have read and watched the Sage threads the last couple of weeks without commenting. Mainly because I have been disgusted with the back and forth crap that has been posted. I want to go on record with the following:

I have been thrilled to see Sage come in and play so well. Thank God we have him and he has been able to perform and get wins the last couple of games.

But I see absolutely no reason to trash Schaub, just because you like what you have seen from Sage. Can't we be happy with our QB situation? It sure is a heck of a lot better than it was last year. Just because you like one player over another, there is NO REASON to villify the other. They are both Texans and I, for one, am glad to have both of them on the team.
+ 1
Old 12-15-2007   #32
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

So, how can we get both of them on the field at the same time?

Two footballs?

....and the Texans score 12 points on one play--6 in AJ's right hand, and 6 in AJ's left hand.

....now, Kris Brown will attempt to kick both extra points.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read