Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-14-2007   #1
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans battle red grades

QB: B+ Sage played really well and was only intercepted after a deflection that still should have been negated for P/I

RB: A- Dayne/Walker put up solid numbers albiet against a weak run defense. Walker looked like he concentrated more on not loosing the rock than he did picking up yards, but hey, no fumbles.

FB: A+ Textbook

WR: A I would have liked to see JJ a little more involved, but we sure didn't need him. AJ played at superstar level, while KW and AD were threats on every play

TE: A- OD didn't fumble!

OL: A+ Great protection and kept the holes open for the RB's

DL: A+++ Where has that pass rush been? Kept Young about 100yds less than last week

LB: A With Ryans hurting, Morlon and crew stepped up and played very well

SA: A- Will Demps was a beast, if he could only hold on to the INT's we might have shut them out.

CB: A Didn't nullify the passing game, but never gave up the long ball. Based on the injury bug, they played as well as I could have hoped.

ST: A+ Davis looked dangerous on every return. His punt catch that pinned them on the 5ydl was perfect. JJ still looks indecisive on PR, but an all around great performance on special teams.

COACHING: A+ Kubes planned a real NFL game tonight. The offense used the pass to open the running lanes and then made real adjustments at half time and reversed it effectively. On Defense, he had a pass rush. We shut down their running game all together and the players looked ready to play at kick off and came back after the half with the same intensity. The scoring was consistent for all four quarters.

Iím sure others saw this differently, but I believe this is one of the most well rounded games we have ever played and we showed no obvious deficiencies in any aspect of the game. BTW Iím a homerÖ
Old 12-14-2007   #2
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans battle red grades

easy: everybody brought their A game
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #3
SA Texan
Veteran

It really is hard to find fault in a game like that. Except for the offense sputtering in the 2nd quarter it was just a great overall game by the Texans...one of the best I have ever seen them play.
SA Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #4
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 27940 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Good thing the locals decided to show up to see the A game just after kickoff. I was watching it on NFLN with about 5 minutes to kickoff and it looked like about a 1/4 full.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #5
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro-Texan View Post
QB: B+ Sage played really well and was only intercepted after a deflection that still should have been negated for P/I

RB: A- Dayne/Walker put up solid numbers albiet against a weak run defense. Walker looked like he concentrated more on not loosing the rock than he did picking up yards, but hey, no fumbles.

FB: A+ Textbook

WR: A I would have liked to see JJ a little more involved, but we sure didn't need him. AJ played at superstar level, while KW and AD were threats on every play

TE: A- OD didn't fumble!

OL: A+ Great protection and kept the holes open for the RB's

DL: A+++ Where has that pass rush been? Kept Young about 100yds less than last week

LB: A With Ryans hurting, Morlon and crew stepped up and played very well

SA: A- Will Demps was a beast, if he could only hold on to the INT's we might have shut them out.

CB: A Didn't nullify the passing game, but never gave up the long ball. Based on the injury bug, they played as well as I could have hoped.

ST: A+ Davis looked dangerous on every return. His punt catch that pinned them on the 5ydl was perfect. JJ still looks indecisive on PR, but an all around great performance on special teams.

COACHING: A+ Kubes planned a real NFL game tonight. The offense used the pass to open the running lanes and then made real adjustments at half time and reversed it effectively. On Defense, he had a pass rush. We shut down their running game all together and the players looked ready to play at kick off and came back after the half with the same intensity. The scoring was consistent for all four quarters.

Iím sure others saw this differently, but I believe this is one of the most well rounded games we have ever played and we showed no obvious deficiencies in any aspect of the game. BTW Iím a homerÖ
Agree with all of them, except CB. I think it is too high. I would give them a B cause I got tired of watching Brandon Mitchell catching the ball.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #6
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man View Post
Agree with all of them, except CB. I think it is too high. I would give them a B cause I got tired of watching Brandon Mitchell catching the ball.
I would concur. Cutler's numbers would have been Carr/VY like had Brandon Marshall not played such a great game.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #7
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Give them all As. One of the best, most complete games I have seen as a Texans fan.

Special kudos to Winston, who did some stuff I've been waiting to see from a Texans offensive lineman: he pushed a guy out so that Walker could get an extra few yards. This is what I've been waiting to see from the linemen. Salaam is still having trouble keeping his own, but Winston is a solid right tackle.

Special kudos to Dayne, whose career was supposed to be over years ago. Mr. November and Mr. December, he rumbles for yards that I don't see. He doesn't have speed, but I don't see any reason to complain about his abilities. Now if the Texans can just find a running back for September and October...

Special kudos to the defensive secondary, which has lost so many people it's hard to keep count. Everybody has stepped up to the challenge they were presented. Bennett, like Winston, is looking like solid starter material.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-14-2007   #8
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Bennett is so much fun to watch. That boy gets into the game!! Talk about passion! He seems to love the fans also, and that is always a PLUS!! Dunte mentored him well!!!!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #9
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Doesn't Julius Jones usually get injured around November 1st?

Maybe he could be our September, October RB.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #10
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA Texan View Post
It really is hard to find fault in a game like that. Except for the offense sputtering in the 2nd quarter it was just a great overall game by the Texans...one of the best I have ever seen them play.
Agreed. They got to get handle on the offsides calls on the line.

Those are mental. And those are avoidble. Is it too much to ask to remeber a fricken snap count for fifteen seconds ? I know they are all beat up...those little thingies are drive killers. I don't mind the holds saving the QB...but the off sides are driving me crazy.
Old 12-14-2007   #11
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Bennett is so much fun to watch. That boy gets into the game!! Talk about passion! He seems to love the fans also, and that is always a PLUS!! Dunte mentored him well!!!!!!
not to mention hes a real gamer.. bennett locked down his side- iirc marshall had one catch on him and even then he had great coverage and javon got nothing of him

imo bennett is > 'solid starter'..im really excited with his play- come back healthy dunta and we're set
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #12
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Doesn't Julius Jones usually get injured around November 1st?

Maybe he could be our September, October RB.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Jones in a Texans uni come training camp.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read