Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-14-2007   #361
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4378 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Re: Mario Williams

This was the best Texans home game i've ever attended!!! The crowd was electric, the team won decisively, and I think we've finally seen Mario turn the corner and become a legit superstar in H-Town as evidenced by the "MA-RI-O" chants throughout the stadium after every play he made tonight.
Old 12-14-2007   #362
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
This was the best Texans home game i've ever attended!!! The crowd was electric, the team won decisively, and I think we've finally seen Mario turn the corner and become a legit superstar in H-Town as evidenced by the "MA-RI-O" chants throughout the stadium after every play he made tonight.
Man for sure. This was amazing. This was my third game (also was at the Indy and Titans games) and this one was by far the best. But that could also be because I was 7th row instead of 2nd deck last row...
Old 12-14-2007   #363
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 12366 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
I missed his performance because my sister wanted to watch Grey's Anatomy and the subsequent spinoff with Addison.
please tell me you're joking. please tell me you at least tried to give her five across the eyes just for thinking you might be willing to skip texans football for some trifling medical soap....

also, Mario Williams '08
Old 12-14-2007   #364
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario said in a post game interview on NFLN that he's never been to Hawaii and will never go unless invited.

I like the attitude!
Old 12-14-2007   #365
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 156011 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
I missed his performance because my sister wanted to watch Grey's Anatomy and the subsequent spinoff with Addison.
Never, ever tell anyone you watched Grey's Anatomy over the Texans. For shame.
Old 12-14-2007   #366
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Never, ever tell anyone you watched Grey's Anatomy over the Texans. For shame.
Well, I watch with the wife. There are lot worse chick shows out there. Bonding time. It works. Twenty five years of marrage and counting. Pick your fights carefully, don't sweat the small stuff...carve out some bonding time. You will be king of the house.

Yes, but your sister conveintly forgot to tell you it was a re-run...too funny. See I knew becuse I let her watch her shows and when I decide to dump one... she lets me.
Old 12-14-2007   #367
El cabezon
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 El cabezon was voted MVPEl cabezon was voted MVPEl cabezon was voted MVPEl cabezon was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Excellent reasoning.
« High marks for primetime Texans | Main

December 13, 2007
What an incredible 31-13 victory for the Texans (w/audio)
Before we dive into the Texans' 31-13 victory over the Broncos, let's give some credit to Charley Casserly, the former general manager who convinced owner Bob McNair and coach Gary Kubiak to draft Mario Williams over Reggie Bush.

Here you go dude, this is on todays blog.

Link

Last edited by Lucky; 12-14-2007 at 12:55 PM. Reason: added link
El cabezon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #368
Lucky

Rep Power: 100513 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El cabezon View Post
If John McClain said it, then it has to be true.
Old 12-14-2007   #369
El cabezon
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 El cabezon was voted MVPEl cabezon was voted MVPEl cabezon was voted MVPEl cabezon was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
If John McClain said it, then it has to be true.

So what you're saying is that I'm supposed to believe you and some of the MB members instead of McClain who is a lot closer to the team?
Let me think about that one......the answer is no, I'll believe McClain.
El cabezon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #370
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So what you're saying is that I'm supposed to believe you and some of the MB members instead of McClain who is a lot closer to the team?
McClain has also stated on numerous occasions that the Texans made a mistake picking Mario over Vince Young, and has consistently stated that VY should already have his name engraved on the Hall of Fame.

So take McClain's spewage with a grain of salt. The dude is a weed in the wind, and if he was as smart as he thinks he is, he would be working for a team evaluating talent instead of just talking about one.

And actually, McClain is not that close to the team. He's a lot closer to the Tennessee Titans, though. They are his favorites.
Old 12-14-2007   #371
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 224612 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
McClain is closer to the NFL in general but isn't closer to this team. There has been a notable drop off in attributed quotes since Casserly left. McClain is doing nothing more than speculating like any other fan at this point.
Old 12-14-2007   #372
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
« High marks for primetime Texans | Main

December 13, 2007
What an incredible 31-13 victory for the Texans (w/audio)
Before we dive into the Texans' 31-13 victory over the Broncos, let's give some credit to Charley Casserly, the former general manager who convinced owner Bob McNair and coach Gary Kubiak to draft Mario Williams over Reggie Bush.

Link
Digging a little deeper , you must thank them for extending Carr's contract . Then thank Bush for taking illegal money .

Take these two events and add Mario's off the chart combine and you get our present situation .
Old 12-14-2007   #373
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 413 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected

Did it seem like the lineman were standing nearly single file in the middle of the field prior to snaps, and then they'd move once the offense came to the line of scrimmage so the offense didn't know where Mario was going to line up until they set up? Have we always done that and I just never noticed?

That's freakin sweet that Smith is letting Mario call for his favorite five plays, and it seems to be working too.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #374
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142677 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
Did it seem like the lineman were standing nearly single file in the middle of the field prior to snaps, and then they'd move once the offense came to the line of scrimmage so the offense didn't know where Mario was going to line up until they set up? Have we always done that and I just never noticed?
We've been doing that for most of the year. It's not entirely to keep the offense from knowing where Mario is; it's also about looking at the offensive alignment and then us putting our guys where they can do the most damage. For example, to put Mario weakside or strongside for a particular play.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #375
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Your weak. Grey's Anatomy over the Texans? Could you not get to a computer and at least watch NFL.Com's coverage?
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #376
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Jim Rome just apologized to Mario.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #377
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 413 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I just walked in from the game. Nice to meet Edo and Overalls.....both very nice guys. Mario was lights out tonight and Okoye really helped with great push inside on two of Mario's sacks...this should be a great tandem next season. Seems the team is turning the corner as Mario turns his corner. Its been a while since I remember feeling this good about the team.
Good point on Okoye, looking back at the highlights he may not have any sacks to show for it but he was creating havoc last night.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #378
markn
Veteran

Rep Power: 10182 markn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respectedmarkn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
Jim Rome just apologized to Mario.
Read it here:

http://www.jimrome.com/home/articles/article_3.html
markn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #379
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 24962 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Your weak. Grey's Anatomy over the Texans? Could you not get to a computer and at least watch NFL.Com's coverage?
t all critics please don't come down on me like that

you don't understand

you just don't!

you're all just as bad as mario's critics
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #380
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Jim Rome:

Quote:
Mario Williams is a Monster
Jim Rome / 12-14-2007

Quick shout out to Houston Texans stud, Mario Williams. Speaking on behalf the entire universe, sorry we crushed and vilified you before you had even stepped on to your first NFL field. Sorry, we annihilated you as the NFL’s Sam Bowie before you had even had a chance to rush your first NFL QB…and we’re all guilty of it.

Who amongst us didn’t jump the Texans for taking Williams over Reggie Bush and Vince Young. I mean, has there even been more pressure on a draft pick. Even if he succeeded, he still failed. No matter what he did, it would never be enough. Considering he went first and who he was taken over, he had to be a once in a lifetime player. Playing great wasn’t enough, he had to take over games by himself…and that’s exactly what he’s doing now. Taking over games. He hounded Jay Cutler last night like he owed him money or stole something from him…sacked him three and half times…giving him 9 in the last 5 games alone.

The guy is playing like a stronger Dwight Freeney…a faster Patrick Kerney. He’s playing like the number one pick overall…and he’s playing much better than Bush and V-Y. Bush and Young relied on their natural ability last year and both have taken big steps backwards this year. Williams, on the other hand, stayed the course and caught up with his ability, and now he dominating…and best of all, despite all the heat he took, he never once lashed out, got bent or demanded an apology. Well, here’s the apology you never asked for Mario, but deserve. You’re a beast on the field, a class act off it. You’ve blown by Bush and Young. You’re living up to the hype and it looks the Texans knew exactly what they were doing. See you in Honolulu, Mario!
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read