Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: What do you think of the all Battle Red uniforms?
Liked 71 49.65%
Disliked 26 18.18%
Not sure 7 4.90%
Screw it, they won! 39 27.27%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-14-2007   #41
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21314 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What do you think of the all Battle Red uniforms?

i've said it a hundred times. all the great teams of the NFL have consistent uniforms. they don't change them up for special days. they just wear home and away and they win football games.

green bay packers
pittsburg steelers
dallas cowboys (allthough this is not as true for them)
chicago bears
indianapolis colts
these teams are the heart of the nfl and they are consistent symbols of winning football.

red leotards are not.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #42
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 77 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

I LOVED them. Power red! I must have a really bad memory though because I seem to remember them all in red before, just no stripe or maybe a blue stripe down the pants. Think of the picture that is everwhere of Faggins standing on the wall after he jumped up after a touchdown. He was all red I believe looking into a sea of red fans.

Does anyone know which picture I am talking about.
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #43
Lucky

Rep Power: 207841 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
i've said it a hundred times. all the great teams of the NFL have consistent uniforms. they don't change them up for special days. they just wear home and away and they win football games.

green bay packers

pittsburg steelers

chicago bears

I see your point.

Battle Red Rulez!
Old 12-14-2007   #44
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 77 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

As far as the Cowboys Uniforms, they are the WORST! Now the new darker blue shirts with white that match the star on their helmets I like.

But those other white shirts with royal blue numbers and sea foam green pants that I suppose are supposed to be gray, with a white helment with a dark blue star on it. WHO put that scenario together? They must be colorblind.

Go Battlered!
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #45
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 81427 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

If you want my opinion on fashion, no, I didn't care much for the all red. I thought they looked like a high school team.

But since I don't spend a boatload of Benjamins to watch fashion shows at Reliant, and instead do it to watch FOOTBALL, I couldn't care less what they wear as long as they play like they did last night.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #46
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL if those muff-huggas keep playing like they did against the Broncos they can wear pink polkadots if they want to!
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #47
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1257 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

The red pants reminded me of college uniforms. I would have liked to see the red helmets - what happened there?
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #48
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxDavid View Post
I would have liked to see the red helmets - what happened there?
Potential overdose.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #49
whiskeyrbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I thought they were sweet. They could've went all red socks too. It's not something I'd want every game, but it was nice to see.

I was a little upset that most of the fans weren't decked out in red. I mean, what was the deal? Was there not enough advertising? I don't watch the local news so I don't know if they mentioned anything about it.
They gave out Battle Red T-Shirts at the gate as you entered for the game. Some people are just A$$eS I guess.
Old 12-14-2007   #50
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311116 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

When I saw them in all red all I could think of was “Who let the Bengals on our field?” They were a little gaudy for me, but hey, if it works, they could wear chartreuse fringes on pink jerseys for all I care.

No, wait minute, I don’t wanna see that.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #51
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

I know most people don't care about my opinion, but here we go anyway.

At first, I thought it was the best thing I've ever seen. Was like O_O Woah, that's frickin' cool.

Towards the middle of the game, I felt the red was a little too bright.

I DVR'd the game, and checked them out there, and woah, on TV, they looked badass! Wow. I want to see Blue Jersey/Red Pants next. O_O

Call it mixmatched day. I don't care, as long as I get to see.
Old 12-14-2007   #52
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I was a little upset that most of the fans weren't decked out in red. I mean, what was the deal? Was there not enough advertising? I don't watch the local news so I don't know if they mentioned anything about it.
I figured most people because most people had jackets on, you couldn't see the red fully.
Old 12-14-2007   #53
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 414 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected

I really like the Liberty white (all white), Deep Steel Blue (all blue), and battle red (all red). I think it looks cool as long as you just throw it in every once in a while. Besides..... we played really good in them.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007   #54
texdawg
Veteran

Rep Power: 2924 texdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post

green bay packers
pittsburg steelers
dallas cowboys (allthough this is not as true for them)
chicago bears
indianapolis colts
these teams are the heart of the nfl and they are consistent symbols of winning football.

red leotards are not.
The absolute most unchanged uniforms belong to my boys the BROWNS.

I like the TEXANS. Make it simple-Keep it simple-this is REAL Do not change unis like cheerleaders. Do not waste time with costume changes!!!
Old 12-14-2007   #55
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346 View Post
I'm not a fan of the all red look. The red jersey with the red pants made some of the O-Linemen look like the KoolAid mascot.
OH YEAH!

But yeah, I thought the all red looked sort of cartoonish, but hey, if they come to work like that when they wear all red, then lets bring on the red.
Old 12-15-2007   #56
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

Not keen on the all red, then again I'm not that keen on the all blue. Quite like the all white though.

I must add that I really like the Battle Red Jerseys - I have 2 anyway, ones an old Carr the other Mario.
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007   #57
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38657 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Next year I want a true Battle Red Day maybe around Halloween, Red Helmet, Red Jersey, Red Pants, and yes Ruby Slippers!
Old 12-15-2007   #58
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought the all red made us look like we were wearing out house long johns.

The only thing missing was the poop flap.

McNair had two looks going for him with that red jacket on, Malcom McDowell as the Devil or the bell hop at the Apple Tree.

But hey, we won and that is all that counts.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007   #59
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 56302 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
I figured most people because most people had jackets on, you couldn't see the red fully.
That was my thought as I headed to the game, that having the battle red game at night in December was not the best way to get the whole stadium dressed out in red. We put long sleeve shirts under our battle red jerseys and were warm enough, but if we had to go to coats on top to stay warm, red would have been hard to come up with.
Old 12-15-2007   #60
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyrbl View Post
They gave out Battle Red T-Shirts at the gate as you entered for the game. Some people are just A$$eS I guess.
Well I was one of those without red on. I only found out I was going to the game a few hours before it started, have no red Texans gear and because I was unprepared to go to the game I got there too late to get the free shirt. And I have no money to but one when I got there because it's christmas and all of my money this month goes to Santa.

That's my excuse anyway.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read