Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-12-2007   #1
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3261 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default Andre vs. Champ

Should be a great matchup. NFL.com is promoting the game with the title: "Andre the Giant" matched up against Champ.

Sage needs to be right on the money throwing to Andre...Champ wont let some of those late passes get by him.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007   #2
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre vs. Champ

marshall/walker (playing?) v bennett will be interesting also
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007   #3
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3261 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
marshall/walker (playing?) v bennett will be interesting also
I don't know if Walker is playing, but Marshall will. That guy has been on fire the past few games.
Old 12-12-2007   #4
TEXANS84

Great pre-game video: http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80506469
Old 12-12-2007   #5
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 31193 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
I don't know if Walker is playing, but Marshall will. That guy has been on fire the past few games.
That guy has been good all year long. I took him in the last round of my fantasy draft and he has been a more consistent WR than Wes Welker or Plax and even better than AJ (only due to injury of course). Just take a look at his game log, I think he is the best kept secret in the league.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7868/gamelog
dc_txtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007   #6
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Game plan SHOULD be to use AJ as a decoy at first, setting up short passes to KW and AD, until they close up coverage. Then dish one deep to Johnson for 6.

BUT my guess is it will go something like this most drives, with little variation: 3 yards by Dayne. 2 yards by Dayne. Incomplete to Johnson. Punt.

Oh, wait...if Sherman's not calling the plays, maybe my first game plan will come to fruition...
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007   #7
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Very nice, great vid! Thanks for sharing.

And I agree no late passes from Sage or he will be picked off. Please oh please take care of the rock Sage. I hope the go man to man on AJ and we catch them doing it. If they double him up, Walter, Davis, and Owens have to get open.
Old 12-12-2007   #8
austintexanite
All Pro

Don't forget they got Bly on the other half. Either way it is going to be a good game tomorrow. I am worried about Salaam/Winston going up against Elvis.
Old 12-12-2007   #9
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 44196 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Given their corners, I would like for the Texans to trying running to open things up some. The Raiders ran on them all day.

Of course, I'd like world peace too, and I'm not likely to get that either.
Old 12-12-2007   #10
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Should be a great matchup. NFL.com is promoting the game with the title: "Andre the Giant" matched up against Champ.

Sage needs to be right on the money throwing to Andre...Champ wont let some of those late passes get by him.
I think that Dwyane Bowe and Greg Jennings are the only two WRs to go for over 100 yds on the Denver secondary. Antonio Gates did it mostly matched up on the Denver Linebackers. Maybe we will see alot of passes to the tightends. I don't think Champ has seen a WR as big, physical, fast or strong as Andre all season. It should be a great matchup that I hope we win.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007   #11
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 31584 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Given their corners, I would like for the Texans to trying running to open things up some. The Raiders ran on them all day.

Of course, I'd like world peace too, and I'm not likely to get that either.

Well, we actually have offensive coaches that work on putting playmakers in good positions. I expect AJ will move into the slot, go in motion, be set on a side with three stacked WRs, maybe even lineup as a TB and slide to a slot in a 5 WR set. So, I think he'll get plenty of opportunities. I just doubt he'll get many opportunities on the edges.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007   #12
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23247 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Owen Daniel will need to have a good game. Dre Bly and Champ Bailey are pretty good so we'll need to make big plays up the middle of the field.
Old 12-12-2007   #13
Mr PC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20 Mr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of Famer

I think Rosenfels vs Champ is probably more worrisome than Andre vs Champ. Champ will punish Sage for making a mistake, he will capitalize on a bad decision made by the QB. Sage has been known to gunsling, throw caution to the wind and put the ball into tight coverage. Champ is not the guy to test like that. I agree that Daniels will be an important factor in this game, hopefully we get him heavily involved in the offense.
Mr PC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007   #14
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4640 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

If Sage throws to AJ and he isn't spot on, Champ will jump it in a heartbeat and it will very likely be 6 points for them. As others have said the run and the middle should have some air in them to work in.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007   #15
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Andre needs to go into the game ready to take an offensive intererence call if the situation warrants it. Other than that, I think Champ will bring out Andre's best.
Old 12-13-2007   #16
SA Texan
Veteran

AJ and Champ should be a great matchup and very interesting to watch. Hopefully AJ will be able to beat him a few times.
SA Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007   #17
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 156011 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Big-time players become big-time by turning it up a notch in big games. This game isn't necessarily a big game from a standings standpoint, but it's nationally televised, in prime-time, and the nation will be watching AJ. We'll see.
Old 12-14-2007   #18
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 156011 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Well, I said that about big-time players with respect to AJ vs. Champ, but holy hell ..... Mario was the one with the coming-out party. Big-time players step it up in the national spotlight, and Mario did just that.

AJ had a good game as well.
Old 12-14-2007   #19
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

freddy locked down his side of the field aswell
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read