Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-13-2007   #1
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 414 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected
Default ESPN "Buying" Schaubs stock

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...ike&id=3142771

Pretty interesting article with scouts takes on young NFL QB's. Schaub's listed as a "buy", in the same group with Palmer and Romo. Oddly enough, the scouts are putting Vinsanity on "hold."
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007   #2
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ESPN "Buying" Schaubs stock

Nice article. Thanks for posting!
Old 12-13-2007   #3
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 414 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected

Was doing my normal surfing and saw ESPN giving Schaub love, and NFL.com giving Houston and Mario some love. If we had a winning record life would be pretty good right now haha.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007   #4
austintexanite
All Pro

Good find man, you beat me to it. They say Schaub is a "system qb." More than the others on the list.
Old 12-13-2007   #5
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 123706 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintexanite View Post
Good find man, you beat me to it. They say Schaub is a "system qb." More than the others on the list.
Good. We got him to play in Kubes system. Earl Campbell was a system running back, the bum. I get resentful when people criticise a player running a system.
Old 12-13-2007   #6
austintexanite
All Pro

I'm not criticizing Schaub, just pointing out what the "experts," are saying. Personally, I like what I see and am hoping that he is able to comeback and play one (if not both) of the remainding games this year.
Old 12-13-2007   #7
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

This can't be true. TexanRed and others have watched him and said he isn't. Where is Sage on the list?
Old 12-13-2007   #8
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

"Get a running game with him and he is going to be tough".

^^That part is the most true.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007   #9
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
This can't be true. TexanRed and others have watched him and said he isn't. Where is Sage on the list?
Laugh all you want.

The guy who's making you smile tonight is Sage Rosenfels.

Just remember that.
Old 12-13-2007   #10
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Laugh all you want.

Just remember that.
Yeah, he is making the team smile. The TEAM. His stats were "good" with the int and a bad 3rd. The same stuff Schaub did this year. I'm happy to have 2 quality QBs and to be winning. Keep trying to make waves in a win.
Old 12-13-2007   #11
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Laugh all you want.

Just remember that.

There's not a doubt in my mind that Matt Schaub could be doing everything Sage is doing tonight.

Also I don't want to take away from the night Sage is having but technically the guy whose making me smile tonight is Mario Williams.
Old 12-13-2007   #12
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
There's not a doubt in my mind that Matt Schaub could be doing everything Sage is doing tonight.

Also I don't want to take away from the night Sage is having but technically the guy whose making me smile tonight is Mario Williams.
Agreed and agreed. I think Schaub could do everything Sage did and has done this season. Mario is what makes the game even better though!

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007   #13
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post

I could not have said it better

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read