Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 12-12-2007   #1
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 11679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default fantasy football playoffs

in most leagues, the fantasy football playoffs start this week. 3 of my 4 teams made it in, while my other one missed it by one game, so i am pretty happy about that. How have you done this season?
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007   #2
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: fantasy football playoffs

Some crap. One of my leagues is so good, that my 7-5-1 team didn't even make it in. So I only made it in 4 out of the 6 leagues I am in.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007   #3
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56209 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Why so many teams?

I only play in one league with my friends.

I'm the #2 seed in the playoffs with a 9-4 record.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007   #4
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

In the official Houston Texans ESPN league, I made the playoffs. Ours started last week. I need Adrian to have a huge game this week in order for me to stay in it....
Old 12-12-2007   #5
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I made the playoffs in 1 of my 2 leagues. There is no way I can do more than two. I am in CBS Sportsline and it is going to be tough sledding. Here's what my team looks like, have to start 2 RB's and 3 WR's and 1 of everyone else.

Active:
QB D Anderson

RB J Addai
RB M Jones-Drew

WR A Johnson
WR D Branch
WR B Edwards

TE T Gonzalez
D Packers
K P Dawson

Bench:
RB K Keith
RB F Jackson
WR J Gaffney
TE O Daniels
D Giants
Old 12-12-2007   #6
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Why so many teams?

I only play in one league with my friends.

I'm the #2 seed in the playoffs with a 9-4 record.
Fantasy football is like a drug/gambling. This is my first year. I made one team, kind of liked it, and was like "I can make my next team better".

And should I start McDonald (Lions) or Gaffney (Patriots)? Also, Graham (Bucs) or McGahee?

Last edited by GuerillaBlack; 12-12-2007 at 04:59 PM.
Old 12-12-2007   #7
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56209 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
I made the playoffs in 1 of my 2 leagues. There is no way I can do more than two. I am in CBS Sportsline and it is going to be tough sledding. Here's what my team looks like, have to start 2 RB's and 3 WR's and 1 of everyone else.

Active:
QB D Anderson

RB J Addai
RB M Jones-Drew

WR A Johnson
WR D Branch
WR B Edwards

TE T Gonzalez
D Packers
K P Dawson

Bench:
RB K Keith
RB F Jackson
WR J Gaffney
TE O Daniels
D Giants
Here's the team I'm fielding in the playoffs. It's a Yahoo league that starts 2 QBs.

QB - Ben Roethlisberger
QB - Matt Hasselbeck
RB - Steven Jackson
RB - Ryan Grant
RB - Justin Fargas
WR - T.J. Houshmandzadeh
WR - Reggie Wayne
WR - Andre Johnson
TE - Jason Witten
K - Nick Folk
DEF - Green Bay

Bench:
QB - David Garrard
QB - Vince Young
RB - Thomas Jones
RB - Travis Henry
WR - Wes Welker
WR - Bobby Engram
TE - Dallas Clark
DEF - Jacksonville
Sponsored links
Old 12-12-2007   #8
GuerillaBlack
Money!

^^Your team is loaded.
Old 12-12-2007   #9
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
^^Your team is loaded.
I agree.

I drafted well & got lucky on my waiver moves. That's all you can ask for.
Old 12-12-2007   #10
GuerillaBlack
Money!

My playoff teams look like this:

T Brady A QB
B Westbrook A RB
E Graham A RB
A Johnson A WR
H Ward A WR
W Welker A WR
O Daniels A TE
S Graham A K
D Texans A DST
B Roethlisberge RS QB
W McGahee RS RB
J Jones RS WR
S Smith RS WR
D Cowboys RS DST
_______

B Roethlisberge A QB
E Graham A RB
R Grant A RB
A Johnson A WR
B Berrian A WR
C Johnson A WR
O Daniels A TE
A Vinatieri A K
D Patriots A DST
M Schaub RS QB
M Jones-Drew RS RB
W Parker RS RB
A Davis RS WR
J Jones RS WR
_________

T Brady A QB
A Peterson A RB
D Walker A RB
A Johnson A WR
J Gaffney A WR
W Welker A WR
O Daniels A TE
K Brown A K
D Titans A DST
R Dayne RS RB
A Boldin RS WR
A Davis RS WR
S McDonald RS WR
D Texans RS DST

________

T Brady A QB
W Parker A RB
C Taylor A RB
A Johnson A WR
R Wayne A WR
W Welker A WR
O Daniels A TE
K Brown A K
D Cowboys A DST
D Walker RS RB
A Boldin RS WR
A Davis RS WR
S McDonald RS WR
D Texans RS DST
Old 12-12-2007   #11
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm in first place in a ten-team Yahoo league. I'm always in the top three every season - but since I started back in like 2002, I've only been able to win one championship. Every year, some BS happens and I lose in the first or second round, LOL. Last year - I had my ticket to the title game punched until someone stepped on Steve McNair's hand before he even threw a pass in my first round playoff game.

Here's my team:

QB Brady
QB Cutler
RB Grant
RB Jacobs
WR Wayne
WR Welker
WR Henry
TE Daniels
W/T Hester
W/R Fargas
W/R Rudi Johnson
K Crosby
DEF Baltimore
DL/LB L. Fletcher
DB Winfield

Bench:
QB Rosenfels
QB Schaub
RB Darius Walker
RB Ron Dayne (yeah, I know - lots of Texans, but I don't play them too much)
RB Aaron Stecker
RB Kolby Smith
RB Jerious Norwood
DEF Indianapolis
WR Javon Walker
WR Boldin

I finished with an 11-3 record, first place, but I'll probably lose in the second round.

www.HoustonDiehards.com

Last edited by DiehardChris; 12-12-2007 at 07:10 PM.
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007   #12
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
Fantasy football is like a drug/gambling. This is my first year. I made one team, kind of liked it, and was like "I can make my next team better".

And should I start McDonald (Lions) or Gaffney (Patriots)? Also, Graham (Bucs) or McGahee?
I would start Gaffney and McGahee.
Old 12-12-2007   #13
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Rep Power: 11679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected

All of your teams have nothing compared to one of mine. This is just a 6 team league though but it is completely unreal.

It is in a league that starts 2 QB's, 4 WR's, 4 RB's, 2 TE's, 1 W/T, 1 W/R, and one kicker and D.

QB Tom Brady
QB David Garrard
WR TJ Houshmanzadeh
WR Braylon Edwards
WR Bernard Berrian
WR Lee Evans
RB Ladainian Tomlinson
RB Willie Parker
RB Maurice Jones Drew
RB Brandon Jacobs
TE Vernon Davis
TE Owen Daniels
W/T Dwayne Bowe
W/R Kenny Watson
K Jeff Wilkins
DEF San Diego

BN Reuben Droughns
BN Alge Crumpler
BN Adrian Peterson(the bears one)
BN Philip Rivers
BN Jay Cutler

my other teams are also really good but nothing compares to this team. This is the league i am 12-2, on a 12 game winning streak.
Old 12-12-2007   #14
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Nice team, but the way your league is designed is probably why your team is stacked. What website is it? I might do it next year.
Old 12-12-2007   #15
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28939 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

My 9-4 team didn't make it

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007   #16
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 9843 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Sooo .... Ravens DST vs. Dolphins or Seahawks DST vs. Carolina... hmmm
Old 12-13-2007   #17
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Ravens.
Old 12-13-2007   #18
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

In 4 leagues, 4 playoffs.
Playoffs are in round 2 in one league, round 1 in another league, and playoffs start next week in other 2.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007   #19
GuerillaBlack
Money!

If Tom Brady would just be normal Tom Brady for once in this game...
Old 12-16-2007   #20
Ryan
THIS YEAR

i know that really sucked for TB owners today. I own him in one of my playoff teams but that team doesn't start playoffs until next week. It appears that i won both of the first round matchups i was in today

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read