Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-11-2007   #261
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mario Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwth...b=5&o=0&fpart=

Funny stuff at the "longhorns board"
Really funny stuff!!! Although, there are many lucid, articulated points made there......... Bwaaahaaaaaahaaaa!!!
Old 12-11-2007   #262
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
Actually isnt he only 1 away?
Wong:15
Mario last year:4.5+ Mario this year: 9.5=14
15-14=1. IE Mario is one back.
2 away from sole possession of the record.

Last edited by TexansFanatic; 12-11-2007 at 05:01 PM.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #263
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Yes it has.
Well its worth repeating. I wish the Texans would make a commercial to air during next years draft with Kubiak watching film of Mario Williams saying "This is for all of those Heisman Trophy winners we did not take #1 in 2006."
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #264
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisher View Post
Well its worth repeating. I wish the Texans would make a commercial to air during next years draft with Kubiak watching film of Mario Williams saying "This is for all of those Heisman Trophy winners we did not take #1 in 2006."
It'd be cooler if it was mario watching film of himself showing sacks against various opponents but beginning with a VY sack & ending with a RB run stuffing tackle. At the end of the commercial the camera zooms in on mario's face & he says "any questions?"
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #265
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
It'd be cooler if it was mario watching film of himself showing sacks against various opponents but beginning with a VY sack & ending with a RB run stuffing tackle. At the end of the commercial the camera zooms in on mario's face & he says "any questions?"
Instead of any questions, maybe "Youre welcome"
Old 12-11-2007   #266
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post

That would rock!
Old 12-11-2007   #267
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
That would rock!
yeppers!
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #268
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

I like it a lot, the "your welcome" fits perfect.

Old 12-11-2007   #269
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 89864 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post

Doubt any of the national corps would do this commercial.

But I'd bet my milk money that if a local company did it, then it would only be a matter of time before it was shown on bspn.

OK local businesses, you've been given the idea, run with it.

Maybe mattress Mac can donate a tv to Bush to watch Mario play.

Old 12-11-2007   #270
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1688 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
I like it a lot, the "your welcome" fits perfect.
Ditto. Madden and the NFL wouldn't go for it, but the Texans marketing department could sure do it as a season ticket promo in the spring and summer. Intersperse video of Mario watching the Reggie and Vince commercials with cuts of his sacks, ending on the Reggie one with him saying, "Thanks". Then Mario could just look at the camera and say it.

Nice.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #271
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Its a gift, they just come to me...
Old 12-11-2007   #272
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
Ditto. Madden and the NFL wouldn't go for it, but the Texans marketing department could sure do it as a season ticket promo in the spring and summer. Intersperse video of Mario watching the Reggie and Vince commercials with cuts of his sacks, ending on the Reggie one with him saying, "Thanks". Then Mario could just look at the camera and say it.

Nice.
Yeah, cause its all fun a nd games when its the "lowly" Texans. God forbid you make fun of Barry Sayers...
Old 12-11-2007   #273
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Great writeup by Peter King on Mario online right now:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...bte/index.html
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #274
Lucky

Rep Power: 218553 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

From the Peter King piece linked above:
Quote:
Vindication should be Charley Casserly's. It's still early, and we can't judge the top of the 2006 draft after 1 3/4 seasons, but the last major decision Casserly made before being nudged into the CBS NFL Today studio show (where, by the way, he's doing a thorough, cool and insightful job) has turned out to be brilliant.
This was not Charley Casserly's pick. I don't care how often he takes credit for it. And I don't know if it was actually Kubiak's or McNair's pick. But, there's no freakin' way that a lame duck GM gets to make the call on a $54 million investment.
Old 12-11-2007   #275
austintexanite
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
Great writeup by Peter King on Mario online right now:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...bte/index.html
Just read that before I got here and was going to post it, luckily I looked here so there wouldn't be another thread about it. It's a good read, you guys should also check out the recovery of Kevin Everitt. Inspiration for anyone who is having a rough patch at any moment of their life.
Old 12-11-2007   #276
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 74078 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
This was not Charley Casserly's pick. I don't care how often he takes credit for it. And I don't know if it was actually Kubiak's or McNair's pick. But, there's no freakin' way that a lame duck GM gets to make the call on a $54 million investment.
When he was playing poorly it was a Casserly pick, at least on this board. No way Kubiak would have done it! Opinion sways with the wind...

Old 12-11-2007   #277
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
When he was playing poorly it was a Casserly pick, at least on this board. No way Kubiak would have done it! Opinion sways with the wind...

I always thought it was a Kubiak pick and the YKW was Mcnair but what the heck do I know I was not in on any of the meetings.
Old 12-11-2007   #278
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 74078 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
I always thought it was a Kubiak pick and the YKW was Mcnair but what the heck do I know I was not in on any of the meetings.
I always thought it was a Kubiak pick too. He had a lot of control when he got here. I always noticed Casserly getting bashed for Mario while Kubiak got praised for Demeco, Winston, Spencer, Daniels, etc.

But you're right - we don't know. Maybe they were all Casserly picks.
Old 12-11-2007   #279
El cabezon
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 El cabezon was voted MVPEl cabezon was voted MVPEl cabezon was voted MVPEl cabezon was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
From the Peter King piece linked above:

Regardless of what you think this was Charley Casserly's pick.
El cabezon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007   #280
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by El cabezon View Post
Regardless of what you think this was Charley Casserly's pick.
Excellent reasoning.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read