Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-09-2007   #1
TEXANSTAILGATER
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 TEXANSTAILGATER is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTEXANSTAILGATER is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default The Power Of The Butterfly

In the beginning of the KC game, there was a butterfly buzzing the field. My little one noticed it and said "Look, Dad. A butterfly over the Texans. They're gonna win today!" It even landed on Fagins right before he blocked a pass in the end zone.

Well today...first drive. Here is another one. Flying in the same area. I pointed it out to the mrs and sure enough..it hangs around a while. Boom...TD. I called my kid and told her about the bug flying around.

"They're gonna win, Dad!" That was the first quarter.

I know someone else saw it? End zone opposite the bullpen? Maybe?
Old 12-09-2007   #2
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Power Of The Butterfly

Somebody better bring one to the Denver game

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #3
SA Texan
Veteran

I'll take any edge we can get.
SA Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007   #4
TEXANSTAILGATER
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 TEXANSTAILGATER is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTEXANSTAILGATER is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

So no one else saw it?

i thought I saw one floating around the concourse, but when I got closer....I think it was TexansChick?

Nice attire if that was you, ma'am.
Old 12-10-2007   #5
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 28360 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

It's good if a butterfly gives us luck

but we shouldn't really brag about it

not because we don't want teams to find out our secret to success....

but because... you know.... butterflies....
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007   #6
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25222 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

I noticed that butterfly. Saw it flying in on field while watching the game at my house. It was yellow if I'm not mistaken.

Never seen a butterfly before during a game.
Old 12-10-2007   #7
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: The Power Of The Butterfly

There was one in the Bullpen endzone, also. Bright yellow.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-10-2007   #8
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I see birds flying around in there all the time, but, never a butterfly! WHATEVER it takes, I'm game for. If I remember correctly, horses don't like butterflys, makes them crosseyed!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007   #9
eric138
Veteran

Rep Power: 984 eric138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respected

seen it.. I think it was yellow...
eric138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007   #10
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
It's good if a butterfly gives us luck

but we shouldn't really brag about it

not because we don't want teams to find out our secret to success....

but because... you know.... butterflies....
You know your post reminded me of a Simpsons quote.

http://bp3.blogger.com/_a7bIhuI96yg/...tButterfly.jpg

"Nobody ever suspects the butterfly."

For those that are unfamilair:
Bart says this after he tells Lisa that he plans to live his next life as a butterfly. In his mind, we see Springfield Elementary burning to the ground and poor Principal Skinner explaining emphatically, "But I didn't burn the school down. It was the butterfly, I tell you, the butterfly!" The cops don't believe him (Wiggum"He's crazy, boys. Get the taser.") and he is hauled off, leaving a snickering Butterfly Bart behind, holding a gas can.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007   #11
TEXANSTAILGATER
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti-Bush View Post
Sooo if this happens again, do we have a "Butterfly Effect"?

THANK Goodness someone else saw it. My buddy said it was an acid flashback and I shouldn't tell anyone else about it.
Old 12-10-2007   #12
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 468 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected

I remember seeing and thinking "cool." Didn't quite make the association though.

Hopefully the flash cold didn't get rid of all the butterflies...eeep.
ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007   #13
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

That settles it. I'm off to get a butterfly tattoo in the shape of the Texans logo and colors.
Old 12-10-2007   #14
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

This year, the Texans are 3-1 for the games I went to. Since I travel to games because I live in LA, I have never seen this many victories in a year.

This year, I changed up my routine. Which was eating breakfast at Norm's on La Cienega on the way to LAX. The one game they lost, I took the train to San Diego, which meant not eating at Norm's for breakfast on Saturday before the game.

Here is what 3-0 looks like...

hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007   #15
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan View Post
This year, the Texans are 3-1 for the games I went to. Since I travel to games because I live in LA, I have never seen this many victories in a year.

This year, I changed up my routine. Which was eating breakfast at Norm's on La Cienega on the way to LAX. The one game they lost, I took the train to San Diego, which meant not eating at Norm's for breakfast on Saturday before the game.

Here is what 3-0 looks like...

That's pretty cool Hollywood. I do the same thing, only it's barbacoa at a resturant here in San Antonio. I went their before the KC game, first time ever, and noticed an autographed Texan Cheerleader poster on the wall. This being SA and Cowboys country, I took it as a sign to always come back. So far I'm 5-1 so I'll also stick to my "gameplan" if it means a Victory!
Old 12-11-2007   #16
austintexanite
All Pro

That is a nice for your son or daughter to tell when they are older.
Old 12-11-2007   #17
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANSTAILGATER View Post
So no one else saw it?

i thought I saw one floating around the concourse, but when I got closer....I think it was TexansChick?

Nice attire if that was you, ma'am.
I am rarely mistaken for a butterfly.

I skipped the petite, dainty and demure phase of my life, and went directly to boot stomping.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read