Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 12-10-2007   #381
austintexanite
All Pro

Default Re: Vince Young is the best QB in the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
My goodness. It's David Carr all over again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
The fanbase is slowly splitting in two.
All those posts reminded me of this board for the past two years. The line or the qb? I'm a big Texas fan, but I never wanted him as our QB. We should have taken Brees as a free agent. Anyway, I like the post where the Tacks fans are getting tired of all the Texas fans that became Titan fans, pretty funny stuff.
Old 12-10-2007   #382
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintexanite View Post
All those posts reminded me of this board for the past two years. The line or the qb? I'm a big Texas fan, but I never wanted him as our QB. We should have taken Brees as a free agent. Anyway, I like the post where the Tacks fans are getting tired of all the Texas fans that became Titan fans, pretty funny stuff.
Yeah, they want to take Limas Sweed (WR - UT) as their first round pick. Guessing it's those UT fans, but who knows.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007   #383
austintexanite
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcoolguy View Post
Yeah, they want to take Limas Sweed (WR - UT) as their first round pick. Guessing it's those UT fans, but who knows.
LOL, I'm pretty sure you are right about that.
Old 12-10-2007   #384
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 87412 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

All he does is win!!! (when his team can overcome his many screw-ups). I love it.
Old 12-10-2007   #385
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 42997 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
i have to say that i'm stunned that Young sucks so far. i expected so much better from a WINNER like him. because that's all that matters for college QB's is their ability to win at big schools with blue chip talent all around them.
I honestly believe that his regression this season is Fisher's fault. The club went to 6-2 by playing "Fisherball" and relying on a terrific start from the defense. Problem was that as soon as they needed the offense, Fisherball was all they had, and Fisher has absolutely no clue how to let an offensive co-ordinator actually let his QB loose. For years he corralled Mcnair, and now he's doing it this year with VY. Check out how many carries the Titans have from their RBs then compare it with Eddie's peak seasons. Fisher hasn't adapted at all.

Sigh,
Signed 30 years of this BS Titan/Oiler fan.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007   #386
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
I honestly believe that his regression this season is Fisher's fault. The club went to 6-2 by playing "Fisherball" and relying on a terrific start from the defense. Problem was that as soon as they needed the offense, Fisherball was all they had, and Fisher has absolutely no clue how to let an offensive co-ordinator actually let his QB loose. For years he corralled Mcnair, and now he's doing it this year with VY. Check out how many carries the Titans have from their RBs then compare it with Eddie's peak seasons. Fisher hasn't adapted at all.

Sigh,
Signed 30 years of this BS Titan/Oiler fan.
Yeah, but Fisherball isn't responsible for those 16 picks. I saw the game highlights from yesterday's game, those balls should've never been thrown & he's had lots of those throughtout the year. His WR's aren't helping him true, but his decision-making is still terrible. You expect that from a 2nd year QB, but he's showing little if any progression from last year in this regard & isn't a players' biggest jump in progression supposed to be from yr. 1 to 2?

fisher isn't an *****, there's a reason he's been there for so long & it's b/c he knows where his bread is buttered for now.

I keep reading from Titans fans that they want to see more bootlegs to utilize VY's athleticism. The problem with that is, teams are now waiting on it (Mario got one of his 2.5 sacks in the last titans game off of a VY bootleg ) & the run game hasn't exactly been anything to fear with them. In addition to this, VY isn't exactly bullseye when throwing on the run. You also don't want your QB running to much or he will end up getting hurt in some capacity or another. If he can't run a regular 1 read offense in the NFL (which is what Fisher trying to do now), what makes you think that he can handle a spread offense at this level where you have to be sure of what you're looking at before you throw?

Bottom line, he's just going to have to beat good teams **consistently** with his arm, otherwise teams will continue to play him this way & fisher will continue to hold him back, which by the way i don't blame him for doing either.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007   #387
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 85740 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Just read this in Peter King's MMQB; link:

Quote:
12. Tennessee (7-6). Isn't it funny how, looking back at the 2006 draft, we all laughed at Houston for even suggesting Mario Williams was better than Vince Young? Who's laughing now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007   #388
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1627 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm still laughing, I'd rather have VY then our second option....

I'll say it again, Vince is still learning. His struggles come down to a lot of things:

a-c. He's simply not that good right now
d. Chow is doing a bad job of suing VY's abilities.
e. VY has no confidence in anyone else on the offense except his line.

Everyone said coming out that he would be a 2-3 year project, last year did nothing to change that, IMO. I will judge his play after next year.
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007   #389
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 48009 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
I will judge his play after next year.
Even Carr was halfway decent season in his third year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007   #390
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm still laughing, I'd rather have VY then our second option....

I'll say it again, Vince is still learning. His struggles come down to a lot of things:

a-c. He's simply not that good right now
d. Chow is doing a bad job of suing VY's abilities.
e. VY has no confidence in anyone else on the offense except his line.

Everyone said coming out that he would be a 2-3 year project, last year did nothing to change that, IMO. I will judge his play after next year.
Yeah 2-3 years if he sat the first year, but he has already played more than people thought he would play.
Old 12-10-2007   #391
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1627 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Doesn't change anything. Don't get me wrong I'm not defending his play, I think I've made it clear I'm not happy with it. But QBs take time, and he is no exception to that. He's not Peyton or Big Ben, he needs some time.

But if you have watched this team at all you know Fisher and Chow are trying to fit a round peg into a square hole. If they weren't planning on changing the offense to his advantage they shouldn't have picked him.
Old 12-10-2007   #392
ATX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Doesn't change anything. Don't get me wrong I'm not defending his play, I think I've made it clear I'm not happy with it. But QBs take time, and he is no exception to that. He's not Peyton or Big Ben, he needs some time.

But if you have watched this team at all you know Fisher and Chow are trying to fit a round peg into a square hole. If they weren't planning on changing the offense to his advantage they shouldn't have picked him.
They didn't want Vince, they wanted Cutler or Leinart....Bud wanted Vince. I think they're realizing that what worked for Vince in college won't work for him in the NFL and are trying to figure out what works.
Old 12-10-2007   #393
Bulluck53
All Pro

I know and I agree, Bud should die. But my point was get rid of them if they won't put him in the position to do his best... and who writes the checks?

I don't agree with that. What worked for him in college was the spread offense from the gun. The past whatever weeks he has lead the NFL in yardage running that scheme. I realize the record was 1-3. Again, VY is not Peyton. He needs a supporting cast and a defense (I never said "he just wins"). He needs some playmakers (at least one, please).

But yesterday we go back to Fisherball and he goes back into the rut. They need to let him play his game or bring in somebody who will.
Old 12-10-2007   #394
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3261 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Madden curse, minus the injury.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007   #395
ATX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I know and I agree, Bud should die. But my point was get rid of them if they won't put him in the position to do his best... and who writes the checks?

I don't agree with that. What worked for him in college was the spread offense from the gun. The past whatever weeks he has lead the NFL in yardage running that scheme. I realize the record was 1-3. Again, VY is not Peyton. He needs a supporting cast and a defense (I never said "he just wins"). He needs some playmakers (at least one, please).

But yesterday we go back to Fisherball and he goes back into the rut. They need to let him play his game or bring in somebody who will.
His game won't work in the NFL IMO and he needs to be developed into a different type of QB or he won't last too long. What works in college doesn't work in the NFL, that's why the option is not very effective in the NFL. It's a different game and alot of great players in college don't cut it in the NFL. It was a stretch to take him as the 3rd pick IMO.
Old 12-10-2007   #396
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Even Carr was halfway decent season in his third year.

no he wasn't. he was horrible.
Old 12-10-2007   #397
Bulluck53
All Pro

You're entitled to your opinion
Old 12-10-2007   #398
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Bud should die.

[/END THREAD]
Old 12-10-2007   #399
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Bud should die.
rep.
Old 12-10-2007   #400
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 85740 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
Madden curse, minus the injury.
Wow - your right. And I thought the Madden curse was the worst possible thing. Little did I know playing like crap, being healthy and having the Madden curse was possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read