Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2007   #41
buddyboy
All Pro
 
buddyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 835
Rep Power: 16087 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is the media is smarter than we think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr PC View Post
I think my point is that you cant judge a quarterback based on 2 games, which is what people seem to be doing. In his entire career Sage has only lost 2 games as a starting QB and that was years ago when he was playing for a crappy Dolphins team. This should not be interpreted as proof that he is incapable of playing well as a starer, especially when you consider how he has played for this organization, Im talking about in last year's preseason, last regular season, this year's preason, and this year's regular season. Sage has been money for us ever since he got here. I know he's got some flaws but the kid can play and is productive in this offense.
You say your point is you cant judge a quarterback based on 2 games, "which is what people seem to be doing", yet you keep spouting on and on how Sage is 2-0 as the Texans starter. WHAT ARE YOU DOING? Basing your opinion on a QB on, yes, that's it...TWO. GAMES. Hypocricy!
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #42
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity
 
Errant Hothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Keller, Tx
Age: 36
Posts: 10,001
Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is the media is smarter than we think?

Is the media smarter then we think?

Yes, but mainly because most of us here think the media as a whole is failry stupid. Once you get past teh Skip Bayless's and Dick Justice's of the world there are some suprising smart people in the media.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #43
Mr PC
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,037
Rep Power: 21 Mr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Is the media is smarter than we think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
You say your point is you cant judge a quarterback based on 2 games, "which is what people seem to be doing", yet you keep spouting on and on how Sage is 2-0 as the Texans starter. WHAT ARE YOU DOING? Basing your opinion on a QB on, yes, that's it...TWO. GAMES. Hypocricy!
false. You quoted my post but apparently you did not read it. Here it is again, take a better look this time.
Quote:
"when you consider how he has played for this organization, Im talking about in last year's preseason, last regular season, this year's preason, and this year's regular season. Sage has been money for us ever since he got here. I know he's got some flaws but the kid can play and is productive in this offense.
Mr PC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #44
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising
 
spurstexanstros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 1,712
Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is the media is smarter than we think?

Outside of Michael Smith of Espn.... no
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #45
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity
 
Errant Hothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Keller, Tx
Age: 36
Posts: 10,001
Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is the media is smarter than we think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr PC View Post
false. You quoted my post but apparently you did not read it. Here it is again, take a better look this time.
C'mon, preseason means nothing and you know it. David Carr even lights it up on occasion in a preseason game.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #46
Mr PC
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,037
Rep Power: 21 Mr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Is the media is smarter than we think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
C'mon, preseason means nothing and you know it. David Carr even lights it up on occasion in a preseason game.
Actually I remember Sage showing up Carr in the preseason.
Mr PC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #47
gtexan02
Working?
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Boston
Age: 31
Posts: 15,780
Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is the media is smarter than we think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr PC View Post
Actually I remember Sage showing up Carr in the preseason.
Sage has played well enough to be considered productive in this offense

BUT, the presason is worthless. Look at JJ
__________________
Drinking the kool aid
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #48
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame
 
TexansSeminole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Orlando, FL
Age: 27
Posts: 8,603
Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is the media is smarter than we think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr PC View Post
Actually I remember Sage showing up Carr in the preseason.
Dude. The preseason? What kind of argument?
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #49
Mr PC
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,037
Rep Power: 21 Mr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Is the media is smarter than we think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Sage has played well enough to be considered productive in this offense

BUT, the presason is worthless. Look at JJ
Preseason is preseason. Its not the regular season, its not worthless either. Its a time when teams get to take a look at their second string players and evaluate what they are capable of. A lot of second string players dont get much time during the regular season, and the best look you get at them is during preseason. Sage performed in preseason almost exactly the way he has performed during the regular season. In 2006 Sage had a regular season QB rating of 103.0 for the Texans. So far in 2007 he has a QB rating of 91.3 for the Texans. Combining what he has done in 2 regular seasons and 2 preseasons is how I formulated my opinion on his play. This seems to me the only reasonable way that one can appraise his ability.
Mr PC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #50
Mr PC
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,037
Rep Power: 21 Mr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Is the media is smarter than we think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Dude. The preseason? What kind of argument?
It basically boils down to this: Although he has only seen limited action, Sage has played well in Houston for 2 preseasons and 2 regular seasons. You can base your opinion about him from this sample size, or you can choose to ignore it and instead make up your opinion based on two games he played with the Dolphins 4 years ago.

Sage has looked good with the Texans offense, in preseason AND in the regular season. He moves the chains, airs it out, and can score inside the redzone. He also makes too many mistakes with the ball, but still usually finds a way to give his team a chance to win the game. He is undefeated as a starting QB for the Texans. Thats all I have to go on, and I think he has done everything we could ask and more. I dont think he is a HOF quarterback or anything, but I do think he has what it takes to be a capable starter for this team.
Mr PC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #51
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame
 
TexansSeminole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Orlando, FL
Age: 27
Posts: 8,603
Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is the media is smarter than we think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr PC View Post
It basically boils down to this: Although he has only seen limited action, Sage has played well in Houston for 2 preseasons and 2 regular seasons. You can base your opinion about him from this sample size, or you can choose to ignore it and instead make up your opinion based on two games he played with the Dolphins 4 years ago.

Sage has looked good with the Texans offense, in preseason AND in the regular season. He moves the chains, airs it out, and can score inside the redzone. He also makes too many mistakes with the ball, but still usually finds a way to give his team a chance to win the game. He is undefeated as a starting QB for the Texans. Thats all I have to go on, and I think he has done everything we could ask and more. I dont think he is a HOF quarterback or anything, but I do think he has what it takes to be a capable starter for this team.
Again, the question isn't if he is capable or not. You will have people saying he isn't or that he is. The question is if he should start over Schaub. Sage has thrown a pick something liek 4.5% of his throws this season. We lead the league in turnovers. I'm not sure having Sage as our QB is the best idea. The guy has PROVEN that he turns the ball over. He had a good game today, yes, but he hasn't proven to me that he should start over Schaub. Schaub plays smarter and gets rid of the ball faster. They are about equal in arm capability as far as I can tell.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #52
Mr PC
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,037
Rep Power: 21 Mr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Is the media is smarter than we think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Again, the question isn't if he is capable or not. You will have people saying he isn't or that he is. The question is if he should start over Schaub. Sage has thrown a pick something liek 4.5% of his throws this season. We lead the league in turnovers. I'm not sure having Sage as our QB is the best idea. The guy has PROVEN that he turns the ball over. He had a good game today, yes, but he hasn't proven to me that he should start over Schaub. Schaub plays smarter and gets rid of the ball faster. They are about equal in arm capability as far as I can tell.
I thought the question was: is Sage a capable starting quarterback? If the question is should he start over Schaub that is a different matter. Schaub gets paid the starters money, he has been impressive at times and is still a bit wet behind the ears. Juding only by performance Id say both QBs have been about equal thus far. They have both shown some promise and both made mistakes. Schaub needs to toughen up a bit, but Im not thowing him under the bus by any means. If he is healthy then he should start. But he isnt healthy. And Sage is 2-0 as our starting QB. What happens if he just keeps winning games? At what point do you have to leave him in as the starter?
Mr PC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger