Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-09-2007   #1
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24723 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected
Default How was the OL?

Can someone say how the OL did today? Looking at stats (3 sacks, 2.6 rushing average) it looked pretty bad, but yet the Texans seemed to win solidly. Who did they have playing RG today, and how did he look?

Thanks...
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #2
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How was the OL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyser View Post
Can someone say how the OL did today? Looking at stats (3 sacks, 2.6 rushing average) it looked pretty bad, but yet the Texans seemed to win solidly. Who did they have playing RG today, and how did he look?

Thanks...
I thought the OL was trying to solidify the use of the #1 pick on a LT .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #3
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102895 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Mostly Salaam got blown up today.

I can't remember the dude from the practice squad's name at RG, but since his name never got called I would say he performed well.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #4
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't want to sound like a downer but our OL played pretty badly.

Salaam was personally responsible for at least 2 of those sacks and 1 of the fumbles.
Pitts had at least 2 false start penalties but other than that I thought he did decently.
Flannigan was someone I really didn't notice too much.
Briesel? seemed to get pushed around/back a lot. Esp. on short yardage plays.
Winston did okay for a 2nd year player drafted in the 3rd rd. I think he had a penalty or two. He didn't wow.

The Bucs were getting a pretty good push up the middle and Salaam just looked really slow.

As someone mentioned earlier...the way the OL was playing- it seemed like THEY wanted Kubiak/Smith to take Left Tackle in the 1st round...hands down, the OL is the weakest part of our team.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #5
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I thought the OL was trying to solidify the use of the #1 pick on a LT .
Yea, today I found myself wondering how much a great LT would help our team. Salaam had the worst day as a offensive lineman in pass protection IMO. He was letting #91 get by him pretty consistantly.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #6
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Who sais CC's picks don't pan out ?

Texans 2002 draft

7 229 Greg White DE Minnesota

p://www.nfl.com/players/gregwhite/profile?id=WHI219302[/url]

Round Dan

Last edited by Honoring Earl 34; 12-09-2007 at 06:00 PM.
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #7
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I don't want to sound like a downer but our OL played pretty badly.

Salaam was personally responsible for at least 2 of those sacks and 1 of the fumbles.
Pitts had at least 2 false start penalties but other than that I thought he did decently.
Flannigan was someone I really didn't notice too much.
Briesel? seemed to get pushed around/back a lot. Esp. on short yardage plays.
Winston did okay for a 2nd year player drafted in the 3rd rd. I think he had a penalty or two. He didn't wow.

The Bucs were getting a pretty good push up the middle and Salaam just looked really slow.

As someone mentioned earlier...the way the OL was playing- it seemed like THEY wanted Kubiak/Smith to take Left Tackle in the 1st round...hands down, the OL is the weakest part of our team.
considering the circumstances I thought the Texans line played their hearts out. its the mirrors
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-09-2007   #8
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
considering the circumstances I thought the Texans line played their hearts out. its the mirrors
I'm guessing your mirrors point to September?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #9
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12237 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyser View Post

Thanks...
Mike Brisiel played RG today. As far as the O-line play, I'd give it a C minus, and that's being generous. Salaam was manhandled most of the day and I think he gave up 2 or 3 sacks. I like Salaam, and I know he is doing the best he can, but he is not a starter. We have to get a stud LT in this Draft, period!

I think Pitts and Studdard both got hurt at one point, and they had to shift Winston over to LG and put Rashad Butler in at RT for a few plays. Thank goodness Pitts was able to come back. I'm not sure if Studdard came back. Did anybody else notice?

Overall, even with some of the breakdowns, the line managed to somehow get the job done when they had to. JMHO!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #10
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

We lost another lineman...I hope Studdard's not out for long...

The left side of the line looked the same as it usually does. As stated earlier, Salaam gave up some sacks and a fumble; Pitts gave up a couple of penalties.

That Briesel, Winston, and Flanagan were not noticeable is a good thing. Usually we only notice the line when they do bad, so at least they weren't doing bad.

Yes, it still looks like the weak links are left tackle and center.
Texans Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #11
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

STuddard got trucked on a punt or kickoff and looked like he took a shot to the dome. Salaam was the DE's bioch all day, Pitts false started several times and hardly anyone was opening holes in the run game. Other than that, they were real pros.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read