Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-09-2007   #21
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Bucs are going down.

All I can say is "Any given Sunday." You never know. We could win the next four in a row to finish 9-7. I ain't bettin' the farm on it though.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #22
SA Texan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucslover View Post
Good thing we are not playing the Packers or Cowboys today isn't it,,

Not great smack talk, saying "Well you can't beat <insert another team now here>"..
I wasn't talking smack, I was replying to this:

Quote:
Funny, Ditka on the NFL network and one of the guys on Sirius picked the Bucs to be the team that could "come out of no where to go to the Super Bowl". Not bad for a team that is not that good, in a weak division.
SA Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #23
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans are beat up and have been since we came into the league in 2002. This year we have shown some resiliency, yet the talent is not great enough to create opportunity and leverage it.

With that being said the Texans are 2-1 against the NFC and the Bucs are 1-2 against the AFC. If both teams were in the NFC South they would sitting at the top of the division. The Texans may be woeful, but the Bucs are nothing to write home about as it pertains to this match up. I would be remiss if I did not say that I would trade places with Bucs' fans in a second as I would love to be 8-4 right now.

The Texans defense will not allow an offensive TD today is my prediction.
Old 12-09-2007   #24
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucslover View Post
Good thing we are not playing the Packers or Cowboys today isn't it,,

Not great smack talk, saying "Well you can't beat <insert another team now here>"..

We aren't playing another team.. we are playing the Texans! At least put your own team over, not somebody elses.

How about something like this:

"The Texans can win, because they are at home, and the fans are so great and loud that they are the 12th man, they are the Home Field Advantage"
Hey we got seventeen guys IRed. What'd want lol ? Seems to me we've been smacked enough this season.
Old 12-09-2007   #25
spent
Buccaneer Freak

Send a message via AIM to spent Send a message via Yahoo to spent

well I have come to collect my crow.....you guys beat us fair and square, seems like we had nothing for yall!
spent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #26
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223599 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

It would seem our defense showed up today with some blitzes. That was fairly unusual for us, and it seems to have worked.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #27
spent
Buccaneer Freak

yes it did, you guys had all the answers for us!!! I hope its a wake up call for us.......you stole our clinch today!

good luck on the rest of the season!

AJ is a beast!
Old 12-09-2007   #28
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 82834 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Spent, you're a very classy fan. Good luck in the post-season.

And you're right, AJ is a beast!
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #29
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by spent View Post
yes it did, you guys had all the answers for us!!! I hope its a wake up call for us.......you stole our clinch today!

good luck on the rest of the season!

AJ is a beast!
I thought that if the saints lose you still get your clinch, so I'm banking on you going to the playoffs anyway
Old 12-09-2007   #30
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
I'll take a shot at it...24-13.
Close enough!
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #31
spent
Buccaneer Freak

thanks guys for the well wishes and please don't be starngers at the deck! we'll be keeping our eyes on you guys too! houston, home of the best fans in all of texas!
Old 12-09-2007   #32
spent
Buccaneer Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
I thought that if the saints lose you still get your clinch, so I'm banking on you going to the playoffs anyway
the saints play the falcons tho Monday night, ugh!
Old 12-09-2007   #33
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Another exciting Monday night game
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #34
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 82834 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That sure is a very intriguing Monday night match-up.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #35
spent
Buccaneer Freak

no doubt...Monday night games have stunk!
Old 12-09-2007   #36
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunkbuc4d1 View Post
The fact that this thread was started show desperation. If the Texans are within a touchdown will be a miracle.
Is this your first time to witness a miracle?. to

Hello...are you there...

Old 12-09-2007   #37
bucslover
Rookie

Came back to eat my crow.. good game Texans.. You have a great stadium and very nice fans!
bucslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #38
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post
Is this your first time to witness a miracle?. to

Hello...are you there...

crunkbuc4d1

Insert foot...posted before I saw this.

http://texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45068

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read