Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-08-2007   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Okoye hitting 'rookie wall'

Quote:
"You're not used to the longevity of the season, your body isn't adjusted to going this long," said Okoye, who has started 11 of 12 games.

The time to catch a second wind is now, and don't think the Texans are taking it easy on Okoye. At 5-7 and with four games left this season, the first on Sunday against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Reliant Stadium, the injury-riddled Texans need everyone available to be at their best if they are to have a chance to finish with a decent record.

"He can play better," Texans coach Gary Kubiak said. "I'm expecting him to up his level of play the next month, but I think he's on his way to being a heck of a football player."

No wonder defensive line coach Jethro Franklin is keeping Okoye working long after practice is over.

"We know as a team we need everyone, and whether you hit the wall or not, that's no excuse," Franklin said. "We don't allow that to factor in; we have to coach through it.

"Like I tell the guys all the time, I told them today, you're either getting better or you're getting worse. Nothing stays the same. He's out here, he's working hard, we just have to not give in to that wall syndrome. When a guy hits the wall, you've got to push him harder."
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5359315.html
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read