Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-07-2007   #21
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99016 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I love the Houston Texans

The Texans run deeper in my heart than any other team I've ever supported including the Astros.

The reason, I think, for this is the fact that I got to watch this team from its inception. That makes a great deal of a difference. I was only 12 when the Oilers blew a 35-3 lead and I wasn't into football as much then.

The Texans will always mean much more to me than any team ever and I would give anything for them to succeed. All these losses and all these bad breaks will hopefully pay off eventually. I say that realizing that there are Astros fans who have watched the Astros since their inception still not win a World Series.

I guess that's what separates the bandwagon-riders from the true fans. I truly love the Texans and can only hope that these 6 years of suffering will eventually lead to some sort of championship.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007   #22
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99016 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
The tTexans are our team. We love t hem. We mijght not be able to type, we not be able to sp[ell, but we love the Texans.
.+1
Old 12-07-2007   #23
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 35273 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

lovely
Old 12-07-2007   #24
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The tTexans are our team. We love t hem. We mijght not be able to type, we not be able to sp[ell, but we love the Texans.
Gow Tecksons!!!

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007   #25
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: I love the Houston Texans

It's like my first wife was the Bengals. Didn't really care for her, but she was around. Really boring. Divorced in 1998.

Some friends introduced me to the Browns in 1999. Maybe I'd had enough of the single life and I was a little desperate. But hey, my friends really liked her. Lord, she was worse than the Bengals. What had I done.

I'd been through this once before, so my eyes wondered. In 2002 I cheated on my wife the Browns in the living room of an apartment in Columbus Ohio.

Needless to say, I love my current wife blindly. She treats my like crap, but I don't ever want to marry another.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007   #26
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
It's like my first wife was the Bengals. Didn't really care for her, but she was around. Really boring. Divorced in 1998.

Some friends introduced me to the Browns in 1999. Maybe I'd had enough of the single life and I was a little desperate. But hey, my friends really liked her. Lord, she was worse than the Bengals. What had I done.

I'd been through this once before, so my eyes wondered. In 2002 I cheated on my wife the Browns in the living room of an apartment in Columbus Ohio.

Needless to say, I love my current wife blindly. She treats my like crap, but I don't ever want to marry another.

I feel you're pain. I was a Green Bay fan. I grew up in Mississippi and Bret Favre was from there. I moved to Houston in 2001 and met my current wife in 2002 who took me to my first Texans vs. Dallas game. I left Green Bay and all other women that day. Here I am 5, or 6 years later and still very much in love with both.
Old 12-07-2007   #27
Ells1626
TenderoftheBar

Being a self procliamed expertin binge drinking don't take aspirin the night before because with long term it can lead to stomach bleeding. Instead go with advil, or the CVS cheap brand.
Old 12-08-2007   #28
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Well Thorn I resemble your statements

I flacking buv tho texsons

I am sober and it is very hard to mispell

no time to paint it white

You rok thorn have a drink for me
Old 12-08-2007   #29
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ells1626 View Post
Being a self procliamed expertin binge drinking don't take aspirin the night before because with long term it can lead to stomach bleeding. Instead go with advil, or the CVS cheap brand.
I concur with this, I also hear that Tylenol isn't the best remedy either.
Old 12-08-2007   #30
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 172517 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

It's now 3:50 am. Somebody grab a bullhorn and wake that sumbitch up. j/k.
Showtime100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007   #31
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Thorn, I think you faked your drunkiness in the original post, waaay too coherent. It seems though, that you got going afterwards and that the spelling and general understanding reached the drunken level that I love and often engage in myself.

Keep drinking, but remember, for the optimal drunk-posting, you should have a problem finding the keyboard before actually consider posting
Old 12-08-2007   #32
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311116 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

The morning after is always painful. The cat got me up because she want's to be fed.

Need. Asprin. Now.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007   #33
texdawg
Veteran

Rep Power: 2924 texdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respected

Glad to see you made it through the night. Enjoyed the thread. Always safer to drive a keyboard than a car. Relax today and you'll be ready for the games on Sunday!!!

PS-hair of the dog???
Old 12-08-2007   #34
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: I love the Houston Texans

Quote:
The morning after is always painful. The cat got me up because she want's to be fed.

Need. Asprin. Now.
6 AM? Screw the cats
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007   #35
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I LOVE this post, and all of you above posters!! I don't drink, haven't been drunk in over 30 yrs, but, I can tell you with a straight face, or with a smile, I LOVE my TEXANS!! I will NEVER give up on them, that's just not in me to do that. They are my team, win or lose, and I will stand by them until I am no longer on this planet.

THANKS THORN, for starting this thread!! A little positive input, drunk or not, goes a long way!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007   #36
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

This thread made me smile. Thanks, Thorn. Tried to give you a rep but I have to spread some around first.

I don't drink, but your drunk thoughts had me thinking that perhaps I should start.

I, too, Love the Texans. Even with half of the starting lineup on IR - they are my team. I may get angry enuf to want to go down on that field, grab someone by the pads and give them a talking to, but in the end I will still love and support them.

That is enuf sappy sentiment for a Sat. morning. Hope the aspirin helps. If not, you can always try a stiff Bloody Mary.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007   #37
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That is enuf sappy sentiment for a Sat. morning. Hope the aspirin helps. If not, you can always try a stiff Bloody Mary.
By far the best remedy. Hey we all love the Texans or else we wouldn't be here all the time. I will definately be cooking something as always for the game tomorrow. Just hope I get to enjoy it this time!!
Old 12-08-2007   #38
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Horn only posts when he gets blasted ? And he's posted 696 times since
April of this year ? Dang, I'm impressed !
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007   #39
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not drunk being that it is Saturday morning and all but I love my Texans too. I look forward to every Sunday. We have 4 more weeks but we still have the draft and free agency to look forward to make this team better! It's 24/7 365 being a Texans fan and I will be there when they turn it around, hopefully soon.

Here's to the start of the final four games and I hope they go out hitting hard and kicking the shit out of opponents!!!!!!!

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007   #40
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffi2 View Post
If not, you can always try a stiff Bloody Mary.
You mean a Battle Red Bob?
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read